: squeaky dash

nickmonte
07-13-05, 10:53 PM
:cookoo: I have a weird squeaky rattle in the dash has any body else had this problem if so what was it I don't want to go to the dealer blind help please

MCTS-V
07-13-05, 11:52 PM
I had a squeak coming from the ash tray drop down door; the lazy dealer said he could not duplicate it so I just took it apart and fixed it myself. That is the only dash noise I have encountered.

Loadtoad
07-14-05, 04:03 AM
My steering column squeeks, the instrument cluster creeks, the center tunnel console chatters, and my passenger front door panel pops and rattles. Today will be my 4th trips for wheel balancing at a 3rd dealership and my differential is starting the hum on acceleration & deacceleration. So far, it's got 1,800 miles on it thanks to a 1,100 mile Hurricane Evac last week.

The good news is I did get the chatter out of the back seat that was loose in the release latch.

lawfive
07-14-05, 11:00 AM
I have a hectic chattering noise that comes from the passenger seat sometimes when I drive too fast. It goes away if I slow down, or if I kick my wife out of the car.

slow35th
07-14-05, 11:13 AM
My steering column squeeks, the instrument cluster creeks, the center tunnel console chatters, and my passenger front door panel pops and rattles. Today will be my 4th trips for wheel balancing at a 3rd dealership and my differential is starting the hum on acceleration & deacceleration. So far, it's got 1,800 miles on it thanks to a 1,100 mile Hurricane Evac last week.

The good news is I did get the chatter out of the back seat that was loose in the release latch.

The back seats will also chatter at the fold down hinge point in the center on each side. There is a metal pin that the seatback slides on to at the hinge point. It is a metal to metal conection and a fairly sloppy fit and will rattle badly on a rough road. It was hard to pinpoint because the noise would bounce around the cabin, even sounding like it was coming from the dash at times. I removed the seatbacks and stacked nylon washers in on to the metal pins. So far the rattle has not returned.