: Escalade Owners Please Help!!!!

tcorbett
07-13-05, 11:44 PM
Hi everyone. I am buying a new car and have narrowed my choices down to the Escalade, Bmw X5, and the Lexus GS430. The escalade is the front runner since it has always been one of my dream cars. I have a few questions for you owners though. How reliable is the cadillac? I drive 3000 miles a month so I need something that is very reliable. What is the difference between the 2wd and the 4wd other than the price. Also I talked to my local dealer todayand they said if I want to get the navigation system I have to order it in a package that includes the moonroof and 20's but I can/t get it alone. Is this true? Is it hard to install an aftermarket navi system? Also if anybody knows a good shop in the Orange County area that could do navigation, rims, a system and maybe a body kit could you please let me know. Also is a price of 48,000 to 50,000 pretty decent? Thanks in advance everyone.

yuse2002
07-14-05, 10:49 AM
[b]i Have An 05' Awd Escalade With The Navigational System And The Moonroof. As Far As I'm Concerned, This Is Standard On Escalades Except For The 20" Wheels. They Wanted About $3000 For These Wheels And I Told Them To Put Back The 17"s That Come With It. All In All, I Got It For $47k. Sounds To Me That They Want Some Extra Change On You. As Far As Being Reliable, I Have No Complains, I Highly Recommended. If You Are One Of Those That Worry About Fuel Economy, I'm Getting About 15 Mpg On The Hwy, And About 14 Mpg On The Streets. I Hope This Helps You!

tcorbett
07-14-05, 03:40 PM
YUSE2002 Thanks for your reply I realy appreciate the help. Did you put aftermarket rims on yours? If so what kind and do you have any pics? Any other customizing?

JASP
07-14-05, 06:24 PM
I just got my 05 Escalade about a week ago. I traded in my 03. First of all the person that told you that doesn't know what he's talking about. The navigation system pkg comes with the 17 chrome wheels and the power moonroof. That pkg also has a 1000.00 discount. The 20' rims either come by themselves I think it's about 2200.00 or in a pkg that comes with a chrome grill, different dash and the 20 rims. I didn't like that pkg. didn't like the dash. I also know that you can't get the rear DVD player if you want the 20' rim/chrome grill/dash pkg. Why I don't have a clue. I love the truck I do alot of around town driving and also some long distant drives and I'll pay the gas just to have the comfort. I never had one problem with the truck in the 26 months that I had the first one. Good Luck. Sami

tcorbett
07-14-05, 08:48 PM
Sami thanks for the info. If you dont mind me asking what was the final cost for the new 05'. What options did you wind up getting?

JASP
07-15-05, 02:29 PM
Don't mind at all....My truck listed for 64040.00 there was the 1000.00 discount for the navigation/sunroof/chrome rimes which brought the list down to 63040.00 I also got the white diamond paint color and the rear DVD player. I ended up paying 53,335.00 I got 37000.00 for my trade-in which I know what they did was apply the 2000.00 cash back for dealers to my trade price. I also got 2.9 for 5 years. I'm happy with the deal and the truck was mint when I picked it up (70 miles on it) The dealership was fantastic to deal with. I'm in Philly and all the dealers here were not playing too much on price of the truck. I also got the AWD which I do need in the winter. If I'm remembering right you were looking at 2 other trucks also. They weren't even a choice for us when looking at a truck we wanted a full size truck with room to move I think the other 2 are too small for us. We also never drove a small truck or car so the Gas issue wasn't a big deal to us since we already were use to it. Good Luck with looking you still have time to find what you want....Sami

yuse2002
07-16-05, 10:39 AM
I got the white diamond also awd with 24" forged enkei wheels. This is the only thing i've done to it so far.

Good luck!