: Screwing the Caddy Race Team Again

sefa01
07-13-05, 11:48 AM
SCCA just came out with a bulletin adding 100 lbs. to all CTS-Vs in this week's Infineon Speed Gt race AND increasing restrictor plate size from 40% to 50%.

This is in response to the Vs finishing 1-2 at Lime Rock. When it happened last year, it allowed the Audi team to get so far ahead of the Caddy team that it never caught up and lost the manufacturers race.

GNSCOTT
07-13-05, 12:01 PM
That is why I cannot stand racing. What is the point if they slow other cars down to be competitive? Put bone stock cars out there and see whi wins. I never got excited about caddy wins for the same reason. Those cars are nothing like mine.

Barak
07-13-05, 12:05 PM
Stupid SCCA ruins any fun in racing.

heavymetals
07-13-05, 01:28 PM
I heard that they are gonna start making them drag an anchor behind them.:histeric:

Kev
07-13-05, 01:48 PM
I heard that they are gonna start making them drag an anchor behind them.:histeric:That's not what I heard. I heard they have to pull all the plugs in the even numbered cylinders on odd dates and odd cylinders on even dates except on Sudays when they have the pull the #1 plug regardless.......:hide:

willsctsv
07-13-05, 02:08 PM
Why not make the Caddys run in reverse around the track, that should even things up. Seems like SCCA only wants foriegn cars to win.
Hey, the light cars have an advantage through turns, and the higher HP american cars, like vette's, vipers and V's are quicker down the straights.
What do they do to the Porsche's when they win?
Maybe SCCA is run by foreign interests and only wants ricers to win!

trukk
07-18-05, 12:49 PM
I know I'm resurecting an old post, but...

This, thread makes me laugh. How well do you all really think a stock CTS-V would do against a Stock Z06, Stock C-6, Stock Viper, and Stock 911 GT3 on a road corse?

The SCCA does a pretty good job at equalizing the cars. We haven't been bitching, because we have had a favorable 'formula' for our favorite car so far this year.

-Chris

sefa01
07-18-05, 03:29 PM

This, thread makes me laugh. How well do you all really think a stock CTS-V would do against a Stock Z06, Stock C-6, Stock Viper, and Stock 911 GT3 on a road corse?

The SCCA does a pretty good job at equalizing the cars. We haven't been bitching, because we have had a favorable 'formula' for our favorite car so far this year.

-ChrisNot as much of a difference as you might think.

Nurburgring Lap Times of Notable Stock Cars

Porsche Carrera GT: 7.32
Chevrolet Corvette Z06: 7.56
Lamborghini Diablo SV: 8.09
Ferrari 360 Modena: 8.09
Porsche 993 Turbo: 8.12
BMW Z8: 8.15
Cadillac CTS-V: 8.19
BMW M3: 8.22
BMW M5: 8.28
Honda NSX: 8.38
Honda S2000: 8.39
Chevrolet C5 Corvette: 8.40

CTSV05
07-18-05, 05:05 PM
IMO anytime yop get political correctness in racing, F1 comes to mind....you ruin the point of it.

If the rules are enforced, and the better cars show up and win, let it be.

Dave's V
07-18-05, 06:58 PM

-Chris

Actually a stock V can hold its own on a race track. That is what it was designed to do.

If it is within rules, let the teams modify their cars as see fit. This is racing not hoping to prevent someones feelings getting hurt.

Any time politics (IE the rule makers) get involved with racing, the series suffer. Look at F1 now. Those RACE cars loose grip everytime they try to pass each other which happens rarely these days.

I've seen the 911s win a lot of races also so they should have a few hudred extra pounds with 50% restrictor plates also but don't. Stock vs stock! They have enough money to redesign their cars if they are getting their butts whipped anyway.