: Interesting Road Test

Rauf
07-12-05, 06:04 PM
2005 Cadillac CTS-v vs. 2005 Chrysler 300C SRT8 vs. 2005 Pontiac GTO
http://motortrend.com/roadtests/sedan/112_0502_trio/index.html

dqw1
07-12-05, 07:27 PM
Confirms my purchase. :yup: Excellent article.

Florian
07-12-05, 09:01 PM
old news, but still good news.

F

CTSV05
07-12-05, 11:46 PM
Makes you wanna Burst With Pride!

04CTSVforMe
07-13-05, 02:56 PM
Great article...makes ME want to see more CTS-V's included in more comparo tests!

It is always too bad that the mags try to exclude "older" (read: ahead of the curve) models that have no significant upgrades for the new model year as the competition starts to catch up to them!! :hide:

I am anxiously awaiting the CTS-V/STS-V/300CMagnumCharger SRT-8/M5/AMG comparo. (pick the ones you like) :cool:

kimcheejeegae
07-13-05, 02:58 PM
Great article...makes ME want to see more CTS-V's included in more comparo tests!

It is always too bad that the mags try to exclude "older" (read: ahead of the curve) models that have no significant upgrades for the new model year as the competition starts to catch up to them!! :hide:

I am anxiously awaiting the CTS-V/STS-V/300CMagnumCharger SRT-8/M5/AMG comparo. (pick the ones you like) :cool:

The new M5 will win... none of the above listed will be able to compete with it.

Crozier
07-13-05, 05:58 PM
The new M5 will win... none of the above listed will be able to compete with it.

Both V cars with compete with it nicely.

kimcheejeegae
07-13-05, 06:12 PM
Both V cars with compete with it nicely.

I doubt it... the new M5 with 500 hp... SMG tranny that'll shift faster than anyone with a manual tranny... a V10 as opposed to a V8... M series BMWs have rail like handling stock and solid braking... that's what they're known for. It'll be tough.

04CTSVforMe
07-13-05, 06:18 PM
Just because it doesn't win doesn't mean I'd like to see how it stacks up. The wide range of cars mentioned would all have their points, especially when you take the range of pricing into consideration. As much as that V10 M5 is going to cost, it damn well BETTER win!!! lol ;)

Kadonny
07-13-05, 06:19 PM
I have it in hardcopy. Great article.

Crozier
07-13-05, 06:22 PM
I doubt it... the new M5 with 500 hp... SMG tranny that'll shift faster than anyone with a manual tranny... a V10 as opposed to a V8... M series BMWs have rail like handling stock and solid braking... that's what they're known for. It'll be tough.

No question it will be great. But I expect the camparos will be tight, not a blowout like many seem to think. A lot of M guys are expressing quite a bit of disappointment in their test drives of the M5. Sure, they LOVED it, but were expecting way more. I think that with the 500HP number most were looking for an incredibly faster car than their previous M5, but to some it didn't end up performing like it.
The M5 will have its hands full beating off the V's.

thebigjimsho
07-13-05, 06:31 PM
I still think a V with a conservative amount of upgrades will hang with a new M5. Headers, x-pipe catback, CAI and a good tune should get you a 450/435 number. With a couple hundred pounds less weight, I think we'd put up a good fight. Heads and cams would put them away.

kimcheejeegae
07-13-05, 06:40 PM
I still think a V with a conservative amount of upgrades will hang with a new M5. Headers, x-pipe catback, CAI and a good tune should get you a 450/435 number. With a couple hundred pounds less weight, I think we'd put up a good fight. Heads and cams would put them away.

ok.. i agree there.. but i'm refering to stock vs stock...

RobzBLKV
07-13-05, 08:22 PM
Lots of people (like me) dimsmiss the new M5 simply b/c it doesn't come with a transmission I want. That doesn't mean it won't be a great car, just that I have less than 0 interest in it. Yes, I hear they are going to put a real transmission in it for next year's model. We will have to wait and see. But my initial impression is too much tech, not enough torque, and BMW really needs to admit the mistake they made with i-drive and dump it.

As for M series handling on rails out of the box, well, again, we will see. Everyone that I know that has an M3 and drives it hard modded the suspension b/c it wasn't good enough out of the box (me included, but I had the e36 version). Of course, I would like to modify the V suspension too.

CVP33
07-13-05, 09:35 PM
The M5 will have its hands full beating off the V's.

Oh please tell me you didn't just say that!? :histeric:

This is my new favorite quote of ALL time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yup: :D :yup: :D :yup: :D

Geezus I'm in tears.

Crozier
07-13-05, 10:41 PM
Oh please tell me you didn't just say that!? :histeric:

This is my new favorite quote of ALL time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yup: :D :yup: :D :yup: :D

Geezus I'm in tears.

Ok, I guess I'm having a hard time understanding the extreme humor in this. The only mag comparo to date has the CTS-V beating the M5 in several different catagories. Maybe they just tested scientifically and left their personal bias at home?

2004ctsv
07-13-05, 10:43 PM
Definitely diferent strokes for different folks

Tony

CVP33
07-13-05, 10:45 PM
I think I'm laughing even HARDER now that he doesn't GRASP it.

Crozier
07-13-05, 10:49 PM

Would you care to explain it to me and any other 'ignorant' people who might feel that the V cars will be competitive with the M cars? Maybe I can provide some more entertainment for you.

2004ctsv
07-13-05, 10:50 PM
But is he just BLIND or quit when he got glasses?

Once he gets a hand on the problem, he'll work out a solution. It has to come to a head.

That's all - I'm not taking this any further. I'm already back in 8th grade.

Tony

CVP33
07-13-05, 11:07 PM
Crozier,

I love ya' man. Really not meant to be at your expense. Just re-read your post.

"HANDS FULL BEATING OFF"

It just goes to show you that I really do read these posts.

Crozier
07-13-05, 11:16 PM
Crozier,

I love ya' man. Really not meant to be at your expense. Just re-read your post.

"HANDS FULL BEATING OFF"

It just goes to show you that I really do read these posts.

Suddenly this whole conversation makes a lot more sense.......

:canttalk: :shocked2: :getaway:

pervs..... I wouldn't have seen it in a million years if you hadn't pointed it out.

ace996
07-14-05, 12:31 AM
:histeric: I can't breathe....tears....ROTFLMFAO....:histeric::shhh:

globed70
07-14-05, 12:15 PM
I like the humor, just saw an un-edited version of 'Team America' so I am well prepared for 8th grade again.

In any case, not sure how "M guys" have commented on their test drives of the new M5... first, because it isn't even on these shores, and second because high demand means no test drives. Perhaps the comments came from European forums?

In either case 0-60 comparos are becoming useless, as traction limitations are extreme... compare a new 500hp M5 in 5-120 accelleration, and we should all be impressed. Not convinced it will handle worlds better.... it may offer more 'feel' or whatever, but there's only so much you can do moving 4000lbs through corners.

Koooop
07-14-05, 02:38 PM

Damn,

Me thinks some of these people havn't had their coffee yet!

Maybe he couldn't "GRASP" it cuz he had his "HANDS FULL BEATING OFF"

LMAO:histeric:

Florian
07-14-05, 05:18 PM
you said beat off <chuckling in Beavis mode>

F