: Speaking of 300C Forums

Florian
07-12-05, 04:08 PM
I wandered over there to see the buzz on the SRT8 and I saw that one of our own (C5racr1 ?)had posited a very cordial fair question regarding the SRT8 rear ends and whether or not it might be modded for the V. Those tools over there jumped him like bums on a balogna sandwich. Talk about attitude...youd think the 300 was the fastest car on the planet. I didnt post, but read with horror as they lambasted our V brethren with the "our car is better than your car" rhetoric and claiming far better performance and even claiming that the SRT8 was a better car than the Vette.... To add insult to injury, there is a "kill" section over there where there are claims of DB9 kills, Ferrari kills and all sorts of 'exotics' being killed.... C5racr1, if youre out there, I wish I coulda thrown you a life jacket, but the party seemed to have ended a few days ago. You took it like a man, and all that for just asking a very civil, straightforward question.
We got your 6.... :sneaky:

F

kimcheejeegae
07-12-05, 04:11 PM
werd yo!!

Z06CTSV
07-12-05, 04:21 PM
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer..;)

Florian
07-12-05, 04:23 PM
AmesCTS-V
07-12-05, 04:31 PM
I was on there for the brief 4 months my cousin had his 300c. Those guys will put 22's on a 300c and still think it's the fastest car around. With the low number of mods 300c's are a pretty safe kill. With 22's they are an even safer kill.

willsctsv
07-12-05, 04:37 PM
I am eagerly awaiting a SRT300 :want: , I have already schooled a few 300c's. It wasn't even close! :coolgleam

Barak
07-12-05, 04:56 PM
Talk about attitude...youd think the 300 was the fastest car on the planet.

That's the attitude of nearly every forum. I hoped for better coming from Mopar guys.

thebigjimsho
07-12-05, 05:11 PM
Oh, they weren't that bad. It's really only 3-4 guys doing most of the trashtalking. Besides, until we get these cars in a fair race, who knows? But thanks to Rauf, who reposted that article, we can wag that in their faces.

I gave them a little morsel to chew on when I went over there.

AmesCTS-V
07-12-05, 05:13 PM
That's the attitude of nearly every forum. I hoped for better coming from Mopar guys.
True, if you bought a car and go to a forum for it, you are going to think the car is pretty cool. On most forums youíll have wild kill stories, but in most forums youíll have someone call BS at some point also. If someone comes in here and says they beat a Ferrari 360, Iíll call BS. Over on the 300 forums, I donít know that anyone would call BS on that; they seem to have really big heads.

They donít respect the V at all. Donít respect the Vette, or the Cobra, or the GTO. From what I saw during my time on that board every US car not a Chrysler is inferior.

Iíd like to think most people here share my opinion that the SRT8 is a fast solid car. If you go in the 300 board you wonít get that mutual respect.

V-Max
07-12-05, 05:35 PM
I was at Watkins Glen and there was a Magnum wagon lapping. He had Eibachs, Borla, intake and chip and ran 13.2 @ 105 MPH from a stock 13.9-14 flat. I would say half the V-series owners cannot do that.

Norm

willsctsv
07-12-05, 05:43 PM
V-Max,
Driving an automatic trans down the 1/4 mile is a no brainer!
Driving the V down the 1/4 requires alot more skill off the line and finese.
Most V owners are not drag racers. I have seen some guys posting low 13's and there mph are higher than 105. With enough practice on this clutch, 12's are not that hard to get with a few bolt ons!

Florian
07-12-05, 06:23 PM
gimme a StealthV chip and eibachs and I gar-on-tee you I can do that....
(how ya been since we met, Norm??? all well in Richfield?...take it easy!)

F

crowan
07-12-05, 06:56 PM
Be careful with those Chryslers. "Lambo" doors and "Pimp My Ride" dubs add alot of horsepower! :vomit:
You can't get employee pricing but you do get a free crack pipe with every 300c purchase.:hide:

Sorry. I've tried to warm up to that car but I just can't do it.

CR

GNSCOTT
07-12-05, 07:15 PM
I was the one getting slammed in there. It amazes me. If I came in here and posted the 300SRT-8 was a POS, most in here (including me) would have enough class and respect to post a differing opinion. It amazed me that not one person there stuck up for the V. THen I get called a troll even though I am a senior member and tried to help them out as a car guy as much as I could.

AmesCTS-V
07-12-05, 07:28 PM
I was the one getting slammed in there. It amazes me. If I came in here and posted the 300SRT-8 was a POS, most in here (including me) would have enough class and respect to post a differing opinion. It amazed me that not one person there stuck up for the V. THen I get called a troll even though I am a senior member and tried to help them out as a car guy as much as I could.
Exactly.

I was on that board for a while. Any questions I asked for my cousins car seemed to be more than these guys had done. Any car guy to car guy advice was ignored. GM was considered crap. I was very careful to play nice, but it didn't matter. I was suprised.

DarkKnight
07-12-05, 07:46 PM

I stuck up for you. It was on page 9 or 10, I can't remember.

Florian
07-12-05, 08:02 PM
Sorry I was late to the fight Scott, wouldve helped you duke it out with those know-nothings.

Florian

GNSCOTT
07-12-05, 08:10 PM
Yes you did dark, Thanks :) You were a lil late (I was getting bashed from page 1) but it was good to have someone watch my back. I was just really suprised that no SRT owners had enough respect for the V to step in and give at least SOME credit. I stopped watching the link for about 2 weeks and just looked at it again yesterday to see they were STILL bashing GM cars. I don't want to say none of them know anything, but it seems that alot of them are really new to performance cars and how a car works. The tech help is very limited over there, and general knowledge of other cars is limited. I also think the crowd may be a bit younger there, or maybe its just a couple of vocal kids. It will problably improve as more are built and more Vendors come aboard and start teching the forum. Guess you gotta start somewhere.

Flyboy
07-12-05, 08:24 PM
:lildevil: Flyboy can run 12.84 @ 111.00......it'd be fun to run a 300 @ the track and spank him a little bit.:) Any Chrysler 300 guys in Detroit.....??? Let's go to Milan and go!!!!!! (I'm not blown and no nitrous).............................:annoyed:

AmesCTS-V
07-12-05, 08:41 PM
I like how fast at the track = 0-60 times.

c5racr1
07-12-05, 09:03 PM
a few of those guys are clueless, but some of them are cool. I finally got the pictures I needed thats all that counts.

SRT8/BMW
07-13-05, 12:09 AM
Yes you did dark, Thanks :) You were a lil late (I was getting bashed from page 1) but it was good to have someone watch my back. I was just really suprised that no SRT owners had enough respect for the V to step in and give at least SOME credit. I stopped watching the link for about 2 weeks and just looked at it again yesterday to see they were STILL bashing GM cars. I don't want to say none of them know anything, but it seems that alot of them are really new to performance cars and how a car works. The tech help is very limited over there, and general knowledge of other cars is limited. I also think the crowd may be a bit younger there, or maybe its just a couple of vocal kids. It will problably improve as more are built and more Vendors come aboard and start teching the forum. Guess you gotta start somewhere.

GnSCott...go back and read that thread. First, many srt8 posters came to defend YOU personally. Second, while you were the voice of reason, go look again...you are bashing Chrysler on a Chrysler board! You posted bad articles..you may not have started it, but you really threw gas on the fire. What do you expect. Why did Lawfive come over there and get respect? Or how about Bigjimsho?

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6554&page=2&pp=10

(good thread going both ways..see post 20 GNSCOTT)

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=76070#post76070

looking for some respect for the V?? check that thread.

Let me speak on behalf of the majority (overwhelming majority) of SRT8 owners who have posted in the hundreds of threads on the topic, and let me be clear about this..

THE V ABSOLUTELY ROCKS! Awesome car! no debate

I have said this before..I will say it again. The only reason I did not get the V when I sold my 7 series was because I drive in too much congestion to have a manual..I test drove it. Magnificent. If I race one on the street, a good driver will take me....and that is no shame. I have seen many many posts over there giving total props! As well to the cobra, GTO, and many others.

I will admit I have seen a couple of questionable "kill" claims on the regular 300C forum, but can't recal any from the SRT8 board...mainly cause their new and not many kills get posted (I posted G35, 350Z, Lincoln LS, and a close run with an STI- - nothing outlandish there wouldn't you agree?)

I have seen one post claiming a run with a V, and the guy in the V didn't launch right so it was not a good example. I have seen one on your board killing an SRT8...sounded about right in a close one.

Please don't make the claim that everyone over there is "dumb" or new to performance cars...not fair. Are there a few idiots....of course. Are some overly defensive about their car...of course. Same on this forum! Especially when they feel like they are being attacked. OK..I will shut up now....:worship:

ace996
07-13-05, 12:18 AM
http://motortrend.com/roadtests/sedan/112_0502_trio/index.html

One could say that this is an unbiased opinion for stock vehicles..
Ve good,
ace996

Barak
07-13-05, 12:14 PM
Great post SRT8/BMW!