: clutch problems

alcindus
07-12-05, 02:53 PM
did a few doughnuts in a wet parking lot. lots of fun!! however after I Did this once or twice I found My clutch pedal sunk down. and I had to pull It up with my foot. Yes the clutch pedal would not come up by Itself.???? And I didnt use the clutch at all.I just found enough clear area spun the wheel and punched It. No problem..Why the clutch problem ??? It Did no long term damage as I stopped. as soon as I noticed the problem.The clutch seems fine now. WTF !!!!!!

urbanski
07-12-05, 03:04 PM
not that i've ever done donuts, but yeah, it's really easy to piss off our clutch
if i kill it, oh well, TPiS unit here i come :)

alcindus
07-13-05, 02:43 PM
You know, I love my v but as time goes by and more and more problems are found and GM does nothing. Im starting to think about a vett

RobzBLKV
07-13-05, 02:59 PM
Isn't there a service bulletin about this? I thought it was discussed recently.

RobzBLKV
07-13-05, 03:09 PM
yeah, try here. Looks like no tsb number though.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44743&highlight=clutch+pedal+floor

Drift-caddy
07-13-05, 03:26 PM
easy fix and a new clutch for free. tsb#05-07-31-001

now if your car does not have this problem please dop not bring it into the dealer thinking you are getting a new free clutch, it will not work. there is a inspection date on the clutch, if it has the date required then they will replace the clutch if not, they do not replace the clutch. The Trans must come out to inspect this. So please please do not bring it in if there is no problem.

Thanks
Damian
MooreCadillac
Moore Motorsports

703-448-6210

globed70
07-13-05, 03:46 PM
You know, I love my v but as time goes by and more and more problems are found and GM does nothing. Im starting to think about a vett

Unless something radical has occurred in the auto industry over the last day, I believe GM makes the Vette as well. Feel free to examine the Vette forums for their gripes, of which there are many as well.

CTSV05
07-13-05, 07:03 PM
Guys, there are gripes about any car, we are human, and have certain expectations.

And those who assemble, design, and regulate our cars are human as well.

I'm not sure, but would guess Ferrari owners bitch too.

AmesCTS-V
07-13-05, 07:16 PM
All cars have problems. The more they push the envelope the more likely they will have problems. I was reading about all the problems the Ford GT owners are having. I'd sell that car, it would be too much for me.

urbanski
07-13-05, 07:37 PM
kinda like Damian said

if you clutch doesn't come back up during normal driving like the TSB....get it fixed

if it doesn't come back up after doing donuts (i'm not guilty of this, nope, not at all....) then :cheers: deal with it and do MOAR donuts :D