Cadillac Owners Forum banner
6K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  Rickerbucks 
#1 ·
After anxiously waiting for the exhaust to show up, I had the shop finally install it yesterday.

At first glance, I don't like how the tips stick out. However, I knew that it would look like that. So, I already had some 4 1/4" double walled tips coming. They should be installed on Thrusday.

When I fired him(Velose) up, I was wondering if I had done the right thing. It rumbled inside the car at initial start up but after at idle, it carried a very pleasing burble. I let it idle for a few minutes. I began moving my personal items from my other car into the caddy. While doing that, I had the biggest grin. The shop owner and his installer were outside just staring at it. They wouldn't test drive it. They wanted me to leave so they could hear it go. I couldn't wait to get in and drive it away. So to please the crowd, I let him rip. It's a totally different beast now. As soon as I got on the street, I could notice more people staring than usual. Even at idle at the lights, people were looking over. At take off, it was intoxicating. I was addicted. I wanted more revs. I could now hear how to shift. My shifts were going in smooth.

I had a little problem shifing in this car. I wasn't driving it the way I wanted. The shifts were going in a little clunky at times. Now with the exhaust, I could hear the engine rev and could feel or anticipate the shift with the tranny. It sounds funny but, it's true. Now I feel like I've owned the car for some time.

I decided to take him on the freeway. I noticed a little drone from 2000-2500rpm. After 2500 rpm it's quiet. When bogging in any gear it'll drone slightly. Keep the revs up and over 2500 and he purrs like a Black Tiger on a leash.

Anyhow, here are some pictures of it unfinished. I will have updated pics of the finished product by the end of the week.

Enjoy.......

See less See more
#4 ·
Cool, Bassani. Sounds sexy. I love my Corsa but I'm going to have to get rid of it now. And start smoking. Just so I can have a cigarette dangling from the corner of my mouth when people ask me what exhaust I have, and I answer in an Italian gigolo accent,

"Bassani."

#5 ·
lawfive said:
Cool, Bassani. Sounds sexy. I love my Corsa but I'm going to have to get rid of it now. And start smoking. Just so I can have a cigarette dangling from the corner of my mouth when people ask me what exhaust I have, and I answer in an Italian gigolo accent,

"Bassani."
And what exactly is Corsa?

#7 ·
thebigjimsho said:
And what exactly is Corsa?
Sorry, Jimbo, but compared to "Bassani," which sounds like something you'd say as you were preparing to make love to a beautiful young girl from Florence, "Corsa" sounds like something you'd say to your beautiful young dog after she poops on the carpet.

#9 ·
lawfive said:
Sorry, Jimbo, but compared to "Bassani," which sounds like something you'd say as you were preparing to make love to a beautiful young girl from Florence, "Corsa" sounds like something you'd say to your beautiful young dog after she poops on the carpet.
No, Corsa sounds more like "Of course a black V is faster than a platinum one.":histeric:

#10 ·
My description is only half of it. I will have a video and/or soundclip of idle, taking off, and in cabin cruising speed. All this will be available if I can get my friend who owns this site..... www.my5minutes.com ....to come out this weekend with me. ;)

About the GTI, yes it's a 24V VR6 with 18" CH's...... http://public.fotki.com/Spidee/spidee/page8.html

#11 ·
And reflected in the reflection of the GTI, is that a Lotus Elise with Dymag wheels?

#13 ·
You are right, I agree. That is the plan. However, the shop owner said he installed it as Bassani recommends for now until the other tips come in. Then, he would do all the adjustments accordingly.

Thanks for all the positive comments and suggestions guys. I think it's almost time for a Coronita and dip in the pool. It's a 100 degrees today.:drinker

#14 ·
VELOSE said:
You are right, I agree. That is the plan. However, the shop owner said he installed it as Bassani recommends for now until the other tips come in. Then, he would do all the adjustments accordingly.

Thanks for all the positive comments and suggestions guys. I think it's almost time for a Coronita and dip in the pool. It's a 100 degrees today.:drinker
Where did you get your Bassani Installed?

#17 ·
So, in order of least aggressive sounding to most aggressive, what are the main choices for exhaust on our V's?

Corsa, Bassani, Magnaflow, B&B, more?

Is Corsa the only one dealerships offer directly?

#18 ·
After living with the B&B X-pipe catback for 10 days and over 3,000 miles, it does mellow out a bit. I must also say it was a very easy exhaust to live with on a 950 mile trip out to Indianapolis and then another 950 back.

I'd say that if it were obtrusively loud for some, it would be more lugging around town than on the highway. And the only time I get annoyed is on long, steep downhill decents with the car in a higher gear burbling as you stay off the throttle. That's it. Other than that, I'm very happy with the B&B and look forward to long-tube headers.

Hey Rick, do you have a tune that can quiet that burbling?

#19 ·
Kachina Caddy & Lund Caddy both in Phoenix offer Corsa or B&B. Its your choice. I was lucky i got to drive both before choosing the B&B. It is much more deep throat sounding than the corsa. To me, they both sounded good. The Corsa I would say is more conservative, esp on Friday night raCE NIGHTS ;)

!s BLITZER

#20 ·
Like thebigjimsho, the Bassani exhaust pronounced its presence when new. After 900 miles now, it still sounds great and has mellowed out some. On the streets obviously you hear it more taking off and going thru the gears. At highway speeds the Bassani exhaust mellows out. Only on hill climbs does it make some drone inside when still stuck in 6th gear going 65mph and basically bogging in gear. ;)

#22 ·
If I ever plan on doing the B&B headers then I assume I should stick with the B&B exhaust as well, right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.