: Tire Recommendations

Kajakk
07-12-05, 11:22 AM
I need to put on some new tires on my V8 AWD, and would like some summer performance tires as opposed to the 'all year' tires that came stock. I was not impressed with the winter performance on those (or summer for that matter), so I'm also looking for a recommendation on pure winter tires for the car. I have the stock rims. Ideas?

syrob@MSN.COM
07-12-05, 11:24 AM
I need to put on some new tires on my V8 AWD, and would like some summer performance tires as opposed to the 'all year' tires that came stock. I was not impressed with the winter performance on those (or summer for that matter), so I'm also looking for a recommendation on pure winter tires for the car. I have the stock rims. Ideas?

Size is the big issue, do not think much is offered, see Tire Rack etc

SYROB

BANK
07-15-05, 12:05 AM
PZero Rosso 255/55YR-18 on all fours?

Yokohama Advan S.T. 235/55WR-18 and 285/50WR-18??? The Yokies are likely the best smooth quiet and stick like glue. they may not have great wear numbers.

c5 rv
07-15-05, 07:34 AM
When I ran my CTS in the winter, I put on a set of Michelin Pilot Alpins and was very pleased. I bought a relatively inexpensive set of 16" wheels with 5 narrow spokes. The taller tire profile makes for a smoother, more impact resistant ride on rough or unpaved roads. The open wheel design makes cleaning easier.

syrob@MSN.COM
07-15-05, 10:26 AM
PZero Rosso 255/55YR-18 on all fours?

Yokohama Advan S.T. 235/55WR-18 and 285/50WR-18??? The Yokies are likely the best smooth quiet and stick like glue. they may not have great wear numbers.
NOT standard size !! 235/60/18 front and 255/55/18 rear are...

SYROB

BANK
07-16-05, 10:30 AM
Yes, they are not standard sized. We're going to have to experiment a bit here. Ther are no real good tire options out there.

Has anyone put 255/55-18 on all fours, if so what are they like? Any tire experimentators out there. The only good thing I can say about the stock tires is that they're round.

NewCaddyFan
07-16-05, 11:58 AM
I thought I read a post 6 or 7 months ago about tires and they had a link to some web page rating all the different tires that could go on the SRX. It showed how the factory Michelin pilots ranked very low. Maybe this was under a different model thread....anybody recall this?

syrob@MSN.COM
07-17-05, 07:47 AM
I thought I read a post 6 or 7 months ago about tires and they had a link to some web page rating all the different tires that could go on the SRX. It showed how the factory Michelin pilots ranked very low. Maybe this was under a different model thread....anybody recall this?
I was Tire Rack ratings for the OEM, you can look them up on their web site , very poor...

SYROB

Osogato
07-18-05, 01:19 PM
Both Pirelli and Nokian make tires in the original factory spec sizes for the AWD V8. I have not tried either of them as the wife has only 11,000 miles on our 2004 AWD V8 and the Michelins still have a lot of tread left. The Pirellis, I believe, are the same that come on some of the Cayennes.