: audi s4 got me..

1fstkde
07-11-05, 10:56 PM
so im cruzing down ventura bl when i see this car screaming behind me. pulles up next to me a yells out the window for me to go....so i punch it being in 3rd going about 35mph thinking im going to smoke this fool/ then it came to my shock that that little sh.. pulled a whole car lenght lead..had to slow down for the traffic...i was pissed that an s4 would do that..thought it was a bad dream, again same crap this time in 2nd kepping my revs high, here he comes again, we go, same thing..i wanted to cry!! :crying: then it hit me hes running nos!! so i came up to him at the next light and ask him if he has it, he says hes stock...smart ass, so i know that he has one shot. now its time to play, starting from a stop we went again and i pulled his ass all the way, we hit about 90 and i got about a 2 car lenght lead..it felt good!! :D ..so that made sense that he would want to go at a running start knowing we didnt have a great deal of distance for me to catch him,, should i go the nos direction or headers?? have 05 blck with full corsa and intake..

AmesCTS-V
07-11-05, 10:58 PM
NOS is quick and easy. I'm more of a headers guy myself.

wildwhl
07-11-05, 10:58 PM
Headers and StealthV Urbanpower (tm) Tune.

heavymetals
07-11-05, 10:59 PM
Give in to the dark side, get a Maggie:lildevil:

CVP33
07-11-05, 11:12 PM
Headers and StealthV Audis must die tune. It works, it really works!

Barak
07-11-05, 11:25 PM
Nitrous all the way!

ace996
07-11-05, 11:26 PM
Challenge him at an autox or a track (RoadCourse). No need to add power, just outdrive them.

1fstkde
07-11-05, 11:27 PM
i was told by a buddy of mine that has a vette. nos is the best for the streets! the ls6 can handle it with no prob.

sti convert
07-11-05, 11:35 PM
Lets see $1,200 for 10hp or $700 for 150hp...NOS!

1fstkde
07-11-05, 11:44 PM
i hear that....!!! :thumbsup:

Parker
07-12-05, 12:25 AM
Nawwzzzz

JEM
07-12-05, 12:28 AM

150HP for how long? Then you gotta go fill the bottle, and there's the trunk space you lose...waste of time and effort IMO.

trekster
07-12-05, 12:38 AM
I thought the V can only take 100 shot of nitrous?

ace996
07-12-05, 12:53 AM
And then you must factor in the cost of a new diff....certainly an interesting conversation with the dealer. Forget the warrantee with a bottle.

Playdrv4me
07-12-05, 12:57 AM
Maggie love it or leave it.

erp2863
07-12-05, 01:10 AM
You should have dropped it into 2nd gear. Being in 3rd from 35mph didn't help you any.

Dennisscars
07-12-05, 01:13 AM
Maggie - it's got that screaming banshee whine that makes them go:jawdrop: as you go ..bye bye.:kick:....it's much louder than pipes...:lildevil: They told me at the track they could hear it on the back straight, so now I'm rethinking where I test my car, not so close to my own neighborhood...:eek:

Dennisscars
07-12-05, 01:16 AM
You should have dropped it into 2nd gear. Being in 3rd from 35mph didn't help you any.

Maggie makes what gear irrelevant... :grouphug:maggie:grouphug:

1fstkde
07-12-05, 01:26 AM
You should have dropped it into 2nd gear. Being in 3rd from 35mph didn't help you any. erp he got me both times...first i didnt think of it too much sescond time i was in second ready for him rev about 4000 rpm...and got me again.,,.thats when i knew he had it,,but i got him in the end...

07-12-05, 07:12 AM
if he had nitrous he would have owned you every time, and it wouldn't have been close, I think. Sounds like the right result for stock cars the third time, when both were ready from an even start.

WA 2 FST
07-12-05, 10:00 AM
What year S4? The older turbo'd cars can be very fast if modified. My brother's 01 S4 puts out right at 400 all-wheel HP. Easy low-12 second car with the AWD.

Having run nitrous on my Z06 for awhile (and a number of other cars I've owned), I can tell you that the engine will certainly take it. I ran a 125 hp shot and with just an intake mod (no exhaust mods) and LS1edit tuning it made 371rwhp on motor and 490rwhp/570rwtq on the bottle. I hardly ever used it, in all honesty. Probably went through 5 bottles in 15 months. At this power level, you'll get 7-8 full 1/4 mile passes in, which means plenty of time on the street since you will only use it for a couple of gears...not typically full 1/4 mile runs.

Then I went the twin-turbo route and never looked back.

There are advantages to the "full-time" power-adders and there are advantages to nitrous. It's all in what you want and how you plan to use it.

Good luck.

Florian
07-12-05, 10:17 AM
:yeah: As a previous owner of a 2001.5 S4, I know that they have some stones...however, not like the V. The torque band in the S is in the upper half of the tach as the twin K03s didnt kick in till then. I think that Audi kept them off up to about 2K rpm to protect the AWD setup. With the proper modding and Vag-Com input, you could really get em dialed in. The V is a far better car and like the post says, depending on what you want, go for either the NOS or the all time adders. Im getting a Maggie as soon as I can save for it...its nice to know that youre not out of NOS at a light as some punk taunts you....you always have the Maggie at the ready.

F

kimcheejeegae
07-12-05, 11:04 AM
which model year? was it the big bubbly one with the V8 with the whale tail on the roof? or the low slung one... model years 00-02. I have a strange feeling I know who you are talking about especially since you were cruising his territory.

This fella goes by the name SIMMPLY on the Audiworld forums... he's been talking about getting a B6 S4 to run 12.9s at the quarter mile.. and his favorite mod.. is NOS. I'm watching the AW forums right now for a post.

What color was his car?

a little S4 FAQ

THe 00-02 otherwise classified as a B5 S4 are twin turbo 2.7 V6s. With a stage 3 upgrade ..... bigger turbos, tuning, fueling and so forth, our Vs stock don't stand a chance... I've done pulls with a stage 1 B5 S4 (chip) and a stage 2+ B5 S4 (chip, exhaust and downpipes) and I've pulled on both cars... but a stage 3 car... good luck.

Now if it were a newer B6 S4 (03-06), you should have pulled on his ass really hard if you were in the right gear. I eat up B6 S4s all day long.

Florian, (to address your statement about the turbos) audi did not "keep" them off till 2K to protect the AWD... the AWD will take the power.. it's turbo lag...boost needs to build.. it's amazing that the K03s deliver full torque at 1850 rpms... but the power peters off above 5k rpms because at that point, the little turbos are spitting out heat. That's why the RS4 and the stage 3 S4 guys use the K04 turbo for more top end. Now a days, stage 3 B5 S4 boys are doing the hybrid K04 hot side and the k16 compressor side (K16 is the wheel from the 911 Twin turbo). Those things make MAD power. In my group of friends (we were all Audi guys).... we have 4 stage 3 S4s. I've worked on every single one at least twice (we have our own garage and we do installs, motor pulls and such ourselves).

Florian
07-12-05, 11:49 AM
Yeah, I know all about turbo lag...the S4 had tons of it. But it was well known that Audi did indeed keep the boost out of the low end as the AWD was somewhat weak in the off the line capacity. I had a stage 2 S4 which was quite enough for me....

F

kimcheejeegae
07-12-05, 11:57 AM
Yeah, I know all about turbo lag...the S4 had tons of it. But it was well known that Audi did indeed keep the boost out of the low end as the AWD was somewhat weak in the off the line capacity. I had a stage 2 S4 which was quite enough for me....

F

The AWD system can handle the power... i'm not sure where you got your information... When you get full torque 1850 rpms (with the stock k03s) how is that keeping power off from the low end... that just happens to be when the turbos spooled.. have you seen how small the compressor side of the k03 turbo is? audi didn't do that on purpose, that's just how long it took for boost to build. with k04s it's a little bit higher, but that's how long it took to boost.

if there's anything audi did to be conservative was to run stock boost at 0.7 bar... but of course that's nothing a chip can't take care of.

Like I said.. we have 4 stage 3 B5 S4 folks in our group of friends... all of them visit the drag strip, road courses, track events, auto x, dropping clutches, kicking out rear ends... and all of their AWD components have held up fine.. if anything is the weak link, it's the clutch... Sure the 3 diffs, cv boots, half shafts can be considered weak links.... they'll handle up to a certain point, but it hasn't been reached yet. NOt bad for stock parts.

I'm on the S4 forums all day long and have yet to see major stock drivetrain parts go bad on stock, stage1, stage2, let alone stage3 power.

Luna.
07-12-05, 12:42 PM
Apologies to those who love NOS, but it's fairly lame. Yes, it's very true that it can generate results, but the fact that it's not a "permanent" upgrade just makes it wholly pathetic in my mind.

Rikmyster
07-12-05, 01:41 PM
Give in to the dark side, get a Maggie:lildevil:

:yeah:

If you can't learn to drive and shift properly then I AGREE!!! Give in to the dark side, get a Maggie!

sti convert
07-12-05, 04:11 PM
Apologies to those who love NOS, but it's fairly lame...the fact that it's not a "permanent" upgrade just makes it wholly pathetic in my mind.

Its apples and oranges…shouldn’t be drag racing in the V anyway, it’s a road car…but that doesn’t stop anybody. Forced induction is the way to go, if you can afford it. I’m envious of those that can. But if you are on a tight budget, and insist on drag racing the V, NOS can’t be beat for a quick thrill.

1fstkde
07-12-05, 07:36 PM
yah it was an older one...thats why at first i thought he just put the badge on...

1fstkde
07-12-05, 07:43 PM
no no tail on the roof.. silve color..but he said it was twin turbo...so prob 00-02 model...little chunky kid with his dorky sidekick giving thumbs down!! i wanted to ring there necks!! good info on the audis kim..thxs...