: Chrysler Brembo rotors are groovy!

CTS5
07-11-05, 09:45 PM
Anybody experience this on your V brakes? (I haven't) Looks like the SRT's Brembo's are experiencing this in more than o couple of occasions. One guy indicated it was occurring in as few as 350 miles!? Look at post #13 for pics.

CTS5
07-11-05, 09:46 PM
oops...forgot something.

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8267&page=2&pp=10

DILLIGAF
07-11-05, 09:53 PM
Man,thats ugly.Those rotors have to be soft as butter.On the bright side they might have pads that last forever.

talalhz
07-11-05, 10:21 PM
I'm sure it weights a lot more than the CTS-V!

thebigjimsho
07-11-05, 10:22 PM
Their pads must be too aggressive. It was something to see that beast of a car stop in similar distances to the V with the same or lesser brakes. More aggressive pads can do that but you'll go through rotors about that fast.

Unless an SRT-8 owner doesn't mind changing rotors often, we may have the advantage back on the track.

On a similar note, the Tirerack just shipped out some HPS Street Plus pads for daily driving and some HPS Blue 9012 pads just for the track. Ouch...$237 for front pads ONLY!!!

DILLIGAF
07-11-05, 10:45 PM
Not trying to jack here but were your stockers gone Jim ?

lasstss
07-11-05, 10:53 PM
Looks like soft rotors. Pads normally dont tear up the rotor surface like that, or they had a bad starting finish from the factory.

thebigjimsho
07-12-05, 12:26 AM
Not trying to jack here but were your stockers gone Jim ?Nah, plenty of pad left. But since I'll be tracking the V soon and I've got race pads coming, I figured I'd swap out the stockers. I've heard the HPS Street Plus don't give off as much dust, so I figured I'd give it a try.

I mean, if I'm changing rubber, the pads are only an extra few minutes.