: OHIO MEET OCTOBER 1st SCHEDULE

RobertCTS
07-11-05, 10:51 AM
OHIO MEET OCTOBER 1st
German Village Columbus, Ohio

WHERE: German Village at Schmidt's Sausage Haus und Restaurant

240 Kossuth Street. Stage cars in their parking lot.

WHEN: Saturday, October 1st

Around 10:00 A.M.

ACTIVITIES: German Village Oktoberfest held in the streets with lots of entertainment, German music, food and beer.

Brewery District. Once a bustling area of micro breweries

now the home to many taverns, restaurants and businesses.

Scioto River Front Parks. Nice grassy areas along the nearby downtown Scioto river complex.

German Village Shops, antiques, books, food and more.

ACCOMADATIONS: There are a couple of Bed & Breakfast rooms in the Village. There are also some chain hotels in downtown Columbus which is near by.

Please confirm your intent to attend and how many in your party.

Robert Martin: rmarti12@columbus.rr.com (rmarti12@columbus.rr.com) or post your plans.

German Village History The area known as German Village today was laid out as South Columbus in 1841. The name German Village is due to the significant German immigrant population that settled in South Columbus, the largest arriving between 1840 - 1860.

The immigrants came to the United States to escape oppression in their country and to enjoy the blessings of liberty and the rights of citizenship. This they accomplished and at the same time their ways, customs and characteristics were preserved. This close knit group of German immigrants, not unlike many American immigrants of the time, kept their culture intact by speaking German in the schools and churches they built as well as publishing German newspapers.

The men working mostly as stone masons, tradesmen and brewery workers also ran businesses out of their homes, mixing business and residential areas. Wedged into living spaces of the tiny houses were areas where cigars were rolled, feathers cleaned and fluffed for sale to hausfraus to make their own pillows, tiny front room saloons were operated and, most often, where bakeries thrived (German Village Society, 1992).

With the advent of the 20th Century three significant events contributed to the dissolution of the German Community in South Columbus as well as German Communities throughout the U.S. The first of these events was the onset of WWI. Even though the U.S. did not get involved until late in the war, vicious campaigns against citizens of German origin took place. These campaigns resulted in German Americans suppressing their heritage and strong community bonds. The Depression, another contributing factor to German Village's demise, crippled the American economy and with prohibition 10 years earlier devastated the German American work force by closing breweries, one of the main sources of income for German Immigrants.

These events took their toll on the German Village Community and in time neglect and urban plight caused many proud German Americans to move out of the area.

The 1950s almost saw the end of German Village. Urban renewal efforts at one time considered leveling the residential area in favor of extending downtown Columbus business district south of I 70.

The 1960s marks the resurgence of German Village interest. Led by Frank Fetch, a small group of neighbors worked to designate German Village as a protected Historic Preservation District. Also chartered in 1960 was The German Village Commission. This commission was established to monitor the rehabilitation of the community. German Village was officially designated on the National Register of Historic Places in 1974.

PneuBird
07-11-05, 12:31 PM
Nice Post Robert!!!! I'm in Reynoldsburg, so let me know if I can be of any help! I think you can fill everybody in on directions once we get closer to the gathering date. This could be the best Cruise-In yet!!!! :welcome:

Mowgli
07-11-05, 12:42 PM
I'm there.

If you're at Schmidts - get the buffet. :)

RobertCTS
07-11-05, 12:43 PM
Nice Post Robert!!!! I'm in Reynoldsburg, so let me know if I can be of any help! I think you can fill everybody in on directions once we get closer to the gathering date. This could be the best Cruise-In yet!!!! :welcome:

PneuBird,
Thanks. We have 19 members show interest. One is from IN and another from PA. I'm sure as we get closer I may need some help. I hope the initial interest doesn't peter out. I think the timing is perfect. In October the heat is down, the leaves are turning and the Oktoberfest is in swing.
Bob

CTSVLS6
07-11-05, 01:37 PM
My wife and I will be there. It sounds like a lot of fun. Can't wait to ''beat the cubes'' to Columbus.

AmesCTS-V
07-11-05, 01:55 PM
Looks like an 11 hour drive. Just a little bit too far I think.

Florian
07-11-05, 11:31 PM
Im a maybe...its too far out to tell, but Id like to make it.

F

v-Power
07-12-05, 06:16 AM
I'll try if I still have my V the way things are going it may be turning YELLOW! Yes folks i may have a Lemon on my hands. Well have to wait and see..

RobertCTS
07-12-05, 09:48 AM
Florian & V-Power,

I hope you guys can make it. I think the possibilities of a great time are numerous. Hopefully we will all see you there. It's far enough out that most of us can plan around it.:)

2005V
07-12-05, 12:22 PM
I put it on my calendar. See you there.

illumina
07-12-05, 04:28 PM
I should be able to make it there, but 10:00 AM!?! :D Sorry, I'm one of those late sleepers on the weekend, but I should still be able to make it, so count me in :thumbsup:

RobertCTS
07-12-05, 04:41 PM
I should be able to make it there, but 10:00 AM!?! :D Sorry, I'm one of those late sleepers on the weekend, but I should still be able to make it, so count me in :thumbsup:

I figured around 10:00AM to get all the cars lined up for a photo shoot. As the day progress some members may start to wander and even move their cars.

Suggestion: I have a full grown black Lab. He doesn't know what a weekend is. At 6:00AM every day his nose is under my arm trying to get me up! I know that mean ass dog that use to be in your Avatar would get you up. Sleep with the dogs!

feline
07-13-05, 12:41 AM
Robert, COUNT US IN!!!! It's about a 3 1/2 hour drive so we will be leaving around 6 or 6:30 in the morning. We will set the Navigation System as our guide. Ashtabula to Columbus here we come!! Let's see the last meet I got a CORSA EXHAUST out of the trip -- what can I get this time??
Take care, Ginnie

Florian
07-13-05, 12:42 AM
a good buzz and great bratwurst!

Florian

2004ctsv
07-13-05, 12:57 AM
a good buzz and great bratwurst!

Florian

You'll prolly make more noise than the exhaust with a meal of brats and beer.

But, no drone

Tony

RobertCTS
07-13-05, 06:17 AM
Robert, COUNT US IN!!!! It's about a 3 1/2 hour drive so we will be leaving around 6 or 6:30 in the morning. We will set the Navigation System as our guide. Ashtabula to Columbus here we come!! Let's see the last meet I got a CORSA EXHAUST out of the trip -- what can I get this time??
Take care, Ginnie

BEER? :cheers: :cheers:

RobertCTS
07-13-05, 08:22 AM
You'll prolly make more noise than the exhaust with a meal of brats and beer.
But, no drone
Tony

Hey Tony,
You gonna be able to make it here from Pittsburg? The confluence river park at Pittsburg is really a cool spot! That's the beginning of the mighty Ohio River.

Bob

RobertCTS
07-18-05, 09:17 AM
Here's the list of Forum names I have so far. Have I missed anyone? I'll put this on the back burner until mid August and bring it up again and again in September.

1. PnueBird
2. RobertCTS
3. Mowgli
4. Deftones 1331
5. CTSVLS6
6. OldRoadDawg
7. Chuck C
8. SlapShot 70
9. Rocket V
10. Florian
11. V-Power
12. 2005V
13. Bozzman
14. Feline
15. Illumina

2004ctsv
07-18-05, 11:52 PM
Hey Tony,
You gonna be able to make it here from Pittsburg? The confluence river park at Pittsburg is really a cool spot! That's the beginning of the mighty Ohio River.

Bob

I'm going to try but can't commit yet - still too early.
Is there a game that weekend? Maybe the Buckeyes are visiting Happy Valley to thump the Penn State ***** Cats.

Tony

RobertCTS
07-19-05, 07:58 AM
Is there a game that weekend? Maybe the Buckeyes are visiting Happy Valley to thump the Penn State ***** Cats.
Tony

Tony,
OSU Buckeyes play Penn State 10/08/05 :helpless: Wanna hang around for a week?
Actually OSU is off the weekend of the 1st. Probably learned about our plans and saw a conflict.:p

Bob

2004ctsv
07-22-05, 11:46 PM

Tony

All right, who censored my decsription of the type of cats that pretend to play football at Penn State?

IT HAD NO SEXUAL CONTENT - IT WAS A REFERENCE TO THEIR (LACK OF) PROWESS. SOMEONE HAS A PRUDISH PROBLEM AND IT AIN"T ME.

Tony
Hail to Pitt

msheri01
07-23-05, 12:26 AM
I figured around 10:00AM to get all the cars lined up for a photo shoot. As the day progress some members may start to wander and even move their cars.

Suggestion: I have a full grown black Lab. He doesn't know what a weekend is. At 6:00AM every day his nose is under my arm trying to get me up! I know that mean ass dog that use to be in your Avatar would get you up. Sleep with the dogs!

If that won't work, I will loan you three full grown Weimaraners who know that it is time to eat at 5:30 a.m., no matter what day of the week, and one of them will eat your pillow so you won't sleep anyway.

RobertCTS
07-23-05, 08:17 AM
If that won't work, I will loan you three full grown Weimaraners who know that it is time to eat at 5:30 a.m., no matter what day of the week, and one of them will eat your pillow so you won't sleep anyway.

I had a Weimaraner. I loved that dog. He got loose and run over by a truck:crying2:

Tony, You serious about the cats being deleted? I check the Forum several times a day and never saw any cats. Post them again and see what happens.

RobertCTS
07-25-05, 09:09 AM
We just got two more, putting us to 17!:D

1. PnueBird
2. RobertCTS
3. Mowgli
4. Deftones 1331
5. CTSVLS6
6. OldRoadDawg
7. Chuck C
8. SlapShot 70
9. Rocket V
10. Florian
11. V-Power
12. 2005V
13. Bozzman
14. Feline
15. Illumina
16. 05STSon21s
17. Mark Bunds

v-Power
08-29-05, 03:35 AM
I met another V owner at the dealership and told him about the event we are in as of now. We both are talking to the same attorney for claiming Lemon Law on our V's. as of now we will both come up. I will get in touch with him to make sure he is still in..

v-Power
08-29-05, 03:36 AM
Is there any way to search for users of the Forum located in OH?

RobertCTS
08-29-05, 08:08 AM
Is there any way to search for users of the Forum located in OH?

I don't think so as many member don't post where they are from. When I see one I send them an invite. I hope everyone is doing something similar.:)

RobertCTS
09-02-05, 11:19 AM
Just a reminder that the Ohio Meet is less than a month away.:bouncy:

chesrowncadillac
09-02-05, 03:59 PM
You should all pre register for the SCCA solo event at cooper stadium in downtown Columbus, it is on October 2nd.
You would all enjoy it. Chance to run the car thru slalom course.

Here is the link.
http://www.ovr-scca.org/eventSchedules/solo.asp

RobertCTS
09-02-05, 05:24 PM
You should all pre register for the SCCA solo event at cooper stadium in downtown Columbus, it is on October 2nd.

Here is the link.

That has to be in their parking lot.:rolleyes: They ain't racin' in the grass!:D

CTSV05
09-03-05, 12:41 AM

Here is the link.

Yeah, so when ours cars break Cadillac and Gm can void all their responsibility to the V owners for abuse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure it would be a blast, but who can afford to take the chance.

Robert, I am hoping my car will be running then, its going to be hard to predict at this time.

A new diff is going in next week, half of the part on the dealer, the larger part on me.

But I got slapped for using my kit, so I'm going with the GM fix, I am not sure how long the car will be together.

If its running I'll be there.

steve711
09-03-05, 12:54 AM
A new diff is going in next week, half of the part on the dealer, the larger part on me.

But I got slapped for using my kit, so I'm going with the GM fix, I am not sure how long the car will be together.

Im glad to hear you got it straightened out Doug.
Just a shame that you had to dish out $$ in the proccess.
2 Qs
1 Is chesrown doing the work?.
2 Is your diff the new 06 version?

You'll be :burn: in no time
:cheers:

RobertCTS
09-03-05, 08:33 AM
Yeah, so when ours cars break Cadillac and Gm can void all their responsibility to the V owners for abuse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure it would be a blast, but who can afford to take the chance.

Robert, I am hoping my car will be running then, its going to be hard to predict at this time.

Doug,
If you break it tell them you were a a Columbus Clippers game trying to find a parking place in the lot.

Hope you can make it. It's a chance to re-unite with your old V OEM exhaust:) I've painted my OEM grill the body color and I have the CTS-V front bumper. The lower grill is also painted the body color. Awesome IMO.

Bob

CTSV05
09-03-05, 10:05 AM
Steve, yes and no. #1, because they offered to help.

#2 The part # won't be out until the first of Oct..

Robert, for an old guy you are pretty active!!!!!!LOL!!!!!

The problem with your theory, is I have a snitch of a SM. Not to mention he is a liar as well.

RobertCTS
09-03-05, 12:00 PM
Steve, yes and no. #1, because they offered to help.

#2 The part # won't be out until the first of Oct..

Robert, for an old guy you are pretty active!!!!!!LOL!!!!!

The problem with your theory, is I have a snitch of a SM. Not to mention he is a liar as well.

Come on Doug you met me. I'm not real old. And your snitch has to be the San Diego Marine. He's a cool guy. He's putting a ton of time and money in his 3.6 auto. He's putting Lund shorty headers and high flow cats on it this weekend. Then to the Dyno next week. Here's a peek at your old mufflers.:)

CTSV05
09-03-05, 04:28 PM
No, the service manager doesn't strike me as a car guy at all. No, not at all.

2004ctsv
09-04-05, 11:59 PM
I made reservations at the Marriott in the center of Columbus. It's just a couple miles from the German Village. If the beer is good, I don't want to have to limit the intake so I can drive two hours to get home.

I need to see a Maggie install. I believe Nick will bring his V with S/C installed by Strope but I'd like see another for comparison.

Is anyone else staying over?

Tony

RobertCTS
09-06-05, 09:13 AM
HERE'S A MAP OF THE GERMAN VILLAGE AREA. THE RESTAURANT MEETING AREA IS ON KOSSUTH STREET.

Zeppelin
09-06-05, 10:08 PM
I am in Pickerington. I am also into saltwater reef tanks. My reef club, CORA, is having their big coral swap the same day, Noon to 4. Going to try and make both events. BTW, shameless plug here, check out my site www.edensgatecorals.com

Hope to make both parties.

Larry

RobertCTS
09-07-05, 05:59 AM
I am in Pickerington. I am also into saltwater reef tanks. My reef club, CORA, is having their big coral swap the same day, Noon to 4. Going to try and make both events. BTW, shameless plug here, check out my site www.edensgatecorals.com (http://www.edensgatecorals.com/)
Hope to make both parties.
Larry

Wow, 300 gallon tank!:D Beautiful:thumbsup:

We sure hope you can make it. Coral grows slow so you won't miss much on that end. Beer at German Village is short lived!

Zeppelin
09-07-05, 06:25 AM
Coral grows slow so you won't miss much on that end. Beer at German Village is short lived!

YA, I know. I am one of the early members of the club though, and this is our only big event of the year. We usually draw upwards of 300 people to buy/sell coral.

Trust me, beer will flow there too. :) Our monthly meetings are usually at Kingys, or some other bar. This months is this Friday at La Fogata in Pickerington. Its their anniversary party. $1.50 drafts, $2.50 margaritas, and the Jose Cuervo girls. Sounds like a party. :) Probably wont get a whole lot accomplished. ;)

I know everyone is meeting early for pics, but is there a daily itinerary planned? What time will things wrap up?

RobertCTS
09-07-05, 08:58 AM
Here's the list I have so far. Do I need to add or remove any names?
I could make us some small name cards so we know who everybody is.
I could put your Forum Name and your real name under it. To do that you need to PM me the info.

1. PnueBird
2. RobertCTS
3. Mowgli
4. Deftones 1331
5. CTSVLS6
6. OldRoadDawg
7. Chuck C
8. SlapShot 70
9. Rocket V
10. Florian
11. V-Power
12. 2005V
13. Bozzman
14. Feline
15. Illumina
16. 05STSon21s
17. Mark Bunds
18. Zeppelin
19. CTSVO5

CTSV05
09-07-05, 09:27 AM
Robert, put me on the list, and I won't need a name tag thank you, I usually stand out in a crowd!!! LOL!!!

RobertCTS
09-07-05, 10:47 AM
Robert, put me on the list, and I won't need a name tag thank you, I usually stand out in a crowd!!! LOL!!!

YEEHAW! THAT GIVES US 19 NAMES :D THIS SHOULD BEEN FUN! :yup:

You stand out in a crowd while I'm outstanding in my field!

2005V
09-10-05, 08:45 AM
Robert,
You'll have to remove my name from the list. I have to travel to Baltimore that weekend for business. I'd rather stick a hot fork in my eye but business pays the bills. I hope you have a great turnout. Please post pics afterwards.
Nick

Zeppelin
09-10-05, 10:16 AM
I'm going to probably be there early. Probably stay 'til about 1 or so, then head to the frag swap.

al35hd
09-11-05, 02:43 PM
I will probably make it down as I have the weekend off. see you all there.

RobertCTS
09-12-05, 12:38 PM
Here's the current list of names for the Ohio Meet. I need to know if you're bringing a friend or spouse. We're meeting at the Schmid's Sausage Haus and we'll probably being doing luch there about 11:30. I need to let the restaurant manager know how many.

1. PnueBird
2. RobertCTS
3. Mowgli
4. Deftones 1331
5. CTSVLS6
6. OldRoadDawg
7. Chuck C
8. SlapShot 70
9. Rocket V
10. Florian
11. V-Power
12. al35hd
13. Bozzman
14. Feline
15. Illumina
16. 05STSon21s
17. Mark Bunds
18. Zeppelin
19. CTSVO5

Mark Bunds
09-12-05, 02:16 PM
Is this meet for CTS owners only, or can I bring my lowly 2001 STS? ;-)

RobertCTS
09-12-05, 02:27 PM
Is this meet for CTS owners only, or can I bring my lowly 2001 STS? ;-)

Mark,
I posted this Meet in most of the Cadillac Forums. I was hoping to get a good Caddy mix. Most who plan to come are CTS-V owners, followed by CTS owners.
We would be happy to see you attend. It's a good date to visit German Village. Let me know if you can make it.:thumbsup:

Bob

CTSVLS6
09-12-05, 02:41 PM
Bob, put me down for two. My wife will be with me.

Mark Bunds
09-12-05, 03:23 PM
Put me down for two; my wife will be joining me as well. (I am on the list already at #17) By the way, where is this German village?

RobertCTS
09-13-05, 08:46 AM
I sent PMs to everyone on the list asking that they get back with me. Let me know if they still intend to come and if they will be coming alone or with a spouse or friend. I imagine many of us will want a quick lunch at the Schmid's Sausage Haus(Bahama Mamma's are great). So I need to get an idea how many plan to join us for lunch. I need to tell the restaurant manager. I really need some help here guys.

There are things to discuss later..like after lunch, do we all want to explore German Village and the Brewery district on our own? Do we want do do a "Victory Lap" around the Village for Awe and Pictures? Is there anything we missed and would be a good idea for all of us? Help please:o

Bob

RobertCTS
09-13-05, 11:04 AM
We just added another.

This is what the list looks like at this time. ( ) indicates the number attending. I need for you guys to get back with me ASAP.
Bob
1. PnueBird (1)
2. RobertCTS(2)
3. Mowgli
4. Deftones 1331
5. CTSVLS6(2)
6. OldRoadDawg(2)
7. Chuck C
8. SlapShot 70
9. Rocket V
10. Florian(N)
11. V-Power
12. 2005V
13. Bozzman
14. Feline
15. Illumina
16. 05STSon21s
17. Mark Bunds(2)
18. 2004CTSV(2)
19. Tripleought
20. al35hd

PneuBird
09-13-05, 12:38 PM
Hello Robert!!!....I'll be there alone since my wife has to do her softball thing with my daughter. Let me know if I can be of any help to you since I live right down the road in Reynoldsburg. :welcome:

RobertCTS
09-13-05, 12:44 PM
Hello Robert!!!....I'll be there alone since my wife has to do her softball thing with my daughter. Let me know if I can be of any help to you since I live right down the road in Reynoldsburg. :welcome:

Good. I updated the list. As we get closer I may call upon your services:)
If you know any of the guys on the list, you might goad them into replying.
Bob

Florian
09-13-05, 12:55 PM
goad.

English lesson over.

F

RobertCTS
09-13-05, 01:01 PM
goad.
English lesson over.

F

You're right of course Florian but this is a GM Forum so we say Goat!:D

Florian
09-13-05, 01:09 PM
Robert,

Im gonna be in CBus tonight refereeing the Blue Jackets game as well as tomorrow mornings scrimmage. Probably be on Short North after the game for a few beers. Look for the Silver V somewhere in front of a bar.

F

RobertCTS
09-13-05, 01:15 PM
Robert,

Im gonna be in CBus tonight refereeing the Blue Jackets game as well as tomorrow mornings scrimmage. Probably be on Short North after the game for a few beers. Look for the Silver V somewhere in front of a bar.

F

The recent upgrades to the Short North have really improved the area. Once a month, 1st Saturday, they have an event there, "The Gallery Hop", but the sidewalks are loaded with people as are the bars. Hot cars cruise the streets. Tough to find a parking area.

Fan of the Columbus Blue Jackets?

Florian
09-13-05, 01:43 PM
no, just an on ice official. Dont care whos playing...I go where they send me.

F

2004ctsv
09-13-05, 05:53 PM
Okay, I have a potential problem

Beaverun has a flat out friday on sunday 10/2. I want to see if the new bushings effect the performance. I can't drain the keg on Saturday then hit the back apex at 100 and the straight away at 120 on sunday.

I may bail at the last moment or just join the group for lunch and only one or two brews.

On the other hand, a couple of you wussies may want to join me on Sunday. I guarantee that I'll leave the last 1000 miles of my run flats on the track in turns 10 to 12. Dado calls it drifting - I call it the limit of control.

Hey Nick, I got passed by a 500hp Viper coupe in August on the back stretch at beaverun. Do you think your 550 hp can run with him????????

Tony

RobertCTS
09-13-05, 09:04 PM

Beaverun has a flat out friday on sunday 10/2. I want to see if the new bushings effect the performance. I can't drain the keg on Saturday then hit the back apex at 100 and the straight away at 120 on sunday.

I may bail at the last moment or just join the group for lunch and only one or two brews.

On the other hand, a couple of you wussies may want to join me on Sunday. I guarantee that I'll leave the last 1000 miles of my run flats on the track in turns 10 to 12. Dado calls it drifting - I call it the limit of control.

Hey Nick, I got passed by a 500hp Viper coupe in August on the back stretch at beaverun. Do you think your 550 hp can run with him????????

Tony

Ahhh Tony...You worked so hard to join us from PA. This Ohio Event probably won't happen again. You would be missed. Rethink.
Bob

RobertCTS
09-14-05, 08:06 AM
Rocket V just Confirmed:yup: This is what the list looks like at this time. ( ) indicates the number attending. I need for you guys to get back with me ASAP. Only 8 out of 20 have confirmed. If you're not coming let me know please.
Bob

1. PnueBird (1)
2. RobertCTS (2)
3. Mowgli
4. Deftones 1331
5. CTSVLS6 (2)
6. OldRoadDawg (2)
7. Chuck C
8. SlapShot 70
9. Rocket V (1)
10. Florian (N)
11. V-Power
12. 2005V
13. Bozzman
14. Feline
15. Illumina
16. 05STSon21s
17. Mark Bunds (2)
18. 2004CTSV (2)
19. al35hd
20. TripleOught (?)

RobertCTS
09-14-05, 09:04 AM
I'm going to probably be there early. Probably stay 'til about 1 or so, then head to the frag swap.

Zep,
Will you be alone? Can you join us for lunch about 11:30. Coral is very patient and will wait for you:D
Bob

RobertCTS
09-14-05, 09:07 AM

Tony

Tony,
I have you down for (2) for lunch and maybe some quick pics?
Bob

RobertCTS
09-14-05, 09:18 AM
Just found out that Florian is a professional ice hockey official. He will be officiating our Columbus Blue Jackets. Maybe he would show up with his roller blades and entertain us in the parking lot?:dance: Anybody else with special talents?:D
I wonder if the parking lot is big enough for drifting?:hmm:

RobertCTS
09-14-05, 11:59 AM
I will probably make it down as I have the weekend off. see you all there.

al35hd,
Can we count on you being at the meet? Would you be alone?

Bob

RobertCTS
09-14-05, 12:01 PM

Larry,
You gonna be able to lunch with us? Will you be alone?

Bob

RobertCTS
09-14-05, 12:06 PM
I'm there.

If you're at Schmidts - get the buffet. :)

Mowgli,
You gonna join us? If you do will you be alone?
I need to know for planning.

Bob

CTS-VETTE 550HP
09-14-05, 12:19 PM
RobertCTS,
to bad so sad you guys weren't having this gathering the following weekend of 10/8 because i'll be in ohio for that week would have been great to see so many cadillacs
maybe next time.

RobertCTS
09-14-05, 04:59 PM
Illumina just Confirmed:yup: This is what the list looks like at this time. ( ) indicates the number attending. I need for you guys to get back with me ASAP. Only 8 out of 20 have confirmed. If you're not coming let me know please.
Bob

1. PnueBird (1)
2. RobertCTS (2)
3. Mowgli
4. Deftones 1331
5. CTSVLS6 (2)
6. OldRoadDawg (2)
7. Chuck C
8. SlapShot 70
9. Rocket V (1)
10. Florian (N)
11. V-Power
12. 2005V
13. Bozzman
14. Feline
15. Illumina (1)
16. 05STSon21s
17. Mark Bunds (2)
18. 2004CTSV (2)
19. al35hd
20. TripleOught (?)

2004ctsv
09-14-05, 09:56 PM
Just found out that Florian is a professional ice hockey official. He will be officiating our Columbus Blue Jackets. Maybe he would show up with his roller blades and entertain us in the parking lot?:dance: Anybody else with special talents?:D
I wonder if the parking lot is big enough for drifting?:hmm:

He strikes me as more the figure skating type. Florian Boitano, right??

Tony

Zeppelin
09-14-05, 10:45 PM

Larry,
You gonna be able to lunch with us? Will you be alone?

Bob

Ya, I'll be there for lunch for sure. Probably just be me.

Larry

Florian
09-14-05, 11:43 PM
Tony,

Easy there, I dont take it in the keister...but the toe picks look great on my skates! Im sure after a few pops, itll look like Im on wobbly rollerblades!

F

feline
09-15-05, 08:43 AM
Hi GUYS, put Us down for (2) Feline & HUSBAND!!!

RobertCTS
09-15-05, 01:11 PM
Feline just Confirmed:yup: This is what the list looks like at this time. ( ) indicates the number attending. I need for you guys to get back with me ASAP. Only 8 out of 20 have confirmed. If you're not coming let me know please. We still have seven who haven't confirmed.
Bob

1. PnueBird (1)
2. RobertCTS (2)
3. Mowgli
4. Deftones 1331
5. CTSVLS6 (2)
6. OldRoadDawg (2)
7. Chuck C
8. SlapShot 70
9. Rocket V (1)
10. Florian (N)
11. V-Power
12. 2005V
13. Bozzman
14. Feline (2)
15. Illumina (1)
16. 05STSon21s
17. Mark Bunds (2)
18. 2004CTSV (2)
19. al35hd
20. TripleOught (?)
21. Zeppelin (1)

2004ctsv
09-15-05, 09:08 PM
I was looking at the Blue Jackets website. If you local guys want to see the start of something big, check out the exhibition game w/ the Pens on Monday 9/19.

This town (Pittsburgh) is going crazy over Crosby. Even when he's just practicing they report everything he does.

Too bad the Blue Jackets play 10/2. It would have been a great way to end Saturday if they played then. But it ain't a hockey night in Columbus.

Tony

RobertCTS
09-15-05, 09:35 PM
I was looking at the Blue Jackets website. If you local guys want to see the start of something big, check out the exhibition game w/ the Pens on Monday 9/19.

This town (Pittsburgh) is going crazy over Crosby. Even when he's just practicing they report everything he does.

Too bad the Blue Jackets play 10/2. It would have been a great way to end Saturday if they played then. But it ain't a hockey night in Columbus.

Tony

Blue Jacket Ice official Florian will be there at the Ohio Meet for autographs!!
Be there guys and gals!!

RobertCTS
09-16-05, 08:14 AM

Tony

So Tony, stay another day and catch the game. Make it a weekend event.:)

RobertCTS
09-16-05, 08:50 AM
OHIO MEET CONFIRMED ......................UNCOMMITTED
Includes lunch at Schmid's

1. PnueBird (1) ..................................Mowgli
2. RobertCTS (2) ................................Deftones 1331
3. CTSVLS6 (2) .................................Chuck C
4. OldRoad Dawg (2) ............................SlapShot 70
5. RocketV (1) ...................................V-Power
6. Florian (1) nl .................................al35hd
7. Feline (2) .....................................Bozzman
8. Illumnia (1) ...................................05stson21s
9. Mark Bunds (2)
10. Zeppelin (1)
11. 2004CTSV (2)?

If any new members want to add their names to the list
either post your name or PM me. This is really looking
like an excellent turnout.

Bob

2005V
09-16-05, 12:40 PM
i'll be in ohio for that week would have been great to see so many cadillacs maybe next time.

Where in Ohio will you be? I'd be happy to meet up with you if you going to be anywhere close to me.

Nick

2005V
09-16-05, 12:43 PM

I'm sure my car can run with his, you just may have to be driving it...

Nick

RobertCTS
09-16-05, 12:45 PM
Where in Ohio will you be? I'd be happy to meet up with you if you going to be anywhere close to me.

Nick

Nick,
German Village. Go to page 1 of this thread for all of the details. Let me know if you plan to come and if you plan to bring a spouse or friend.
Bob

2005V
09-16-05, 12:50 PM
Nick,
German Village. Go to page 1 of this thread for all of the details. Let me know if you plan to come and if you plan to bring a spouse or friend.
Bob

Bob,
I was replying to 550HP V since he said he would be in the next week. I will still be required to travel that weekend and won't be able to make the meet.
Nick

RobertCTS
09-16-05, 12:57 PM
Bob,
I was replying to 550HP V since he said he would be in the next week. I will still be required to travel that weekend and won't be able to make the meet.
Nick

I figured that out later. Dumb me:bang2:

CTS-VETTE 550HP
09-16-05, 01:54 PM

Nick

I will be in Cincinatti visting friends and later that week travel up to Columbus to visit relatives.

2005V
09-16-05, 02:50 PM
I will be in Cincinatti visting friends and later that week travel up to Columbus to visit relatives.

Send me an e-mail if you are interested in meeting while you are in the Columbus area. You probably have quite a bit on your plate with all of that travel but just in case, my e-mail address is tomlinATdivergenttechnologyDOTus.

Nick

hd750
09-17-05, 12:03 AM
Will consider, The last meet at Corsa and Mallett was great!

RobertCTS
09-19-05, 08:16 AM
Will consider, The last meet at Corsa and Mallett was great!

I'M CALLING SCHMID'S TODAY TO LET THEM KNOW HOW MANY ARE COMING AND HOW MANY WILL BE JOINING US FOR LUNCH. I HOPE EVERYBODY HAS CHECKED IN WITH ME.

BOB

Zeppelin
09-19-05, 01:41 PM
I think my wife may be joining me. Not sure, but add her into the count in case. :)

RobertCTS
09-19-05, 03:38 PM
I think my wife may be joining me. Not sure, but add her into the count in case. :)

Gotcha down Zep. Here's what I have now:

1. PnueBird (1)
2. RobertCTS (2)
3. CTSVLS6 (2)
4. OldRoad Dawg (2)
5. RocketV (1)
6. Florian (1) nl
7. Feline (2)
8. Illumnia (1)
9. Mark Bunds (2)
10. Zeppelin (2)
11. JSPridge (1)
12. 2004CTSV (2)?

If any new members want to add their names to the list
either post your name or PM me. This is really looking
like an excellent turnout.

Bob

jspridge
09-19-05, 04:13 PM
I'm going to try to make it as well.

RobertCTS
09-19-05, 04:32 PM
I'm going to try to make it as well.

I added you to the list. By yourself? From Hebron you can almost coast to German Village. :thumbsup:

Zeppelin
09-25-05, 09:36 AM
Bumpin' it up. Less than a week to go.

Harley Guy
09-25-05, 01:28 PM
Put me and the wife down as a maybe. Would love to make it, but still not sure of schedule for the weekend. Is there one place that people spending the night Saturday are staying?

2004ctsv
09-25-05, 03:43 PM
If I can make it, I plan to stay the night instead of driving home.

I have reservations for Saturday night at the
Columbus Renaissance Marriot
50 North 3rd Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215 USA
Phone: 1-614-228-5050

Tony

RobertCTS
09-26-05, 06:31 AM
Here's a small update. I called Schmid's and found they don't take reservations. They know we're coming though. We wanna make sure we don't trash their parking lot.

It's OctobertFest Weekend so the villiage will be busy. Rose at Schmid's said the earlier you eat the better your chances.

PnueBird is making a parade route around Schiller Park for us.

I plan to be there at 10:00AM.

Bob
RobertCTS

Florian
09-26-05, 09:48 AM
Bob,

Im out. Just found out this morning that Ill be in Chicago for business much to my dismay. Hope you have a kick ass get together. Dont forget to post pix.

Florian

RobertCTS
09-26-05, 09:57 AM
Bob,

Im out. Just found out this morning that Ill be in Chicago for business much to my dismay. Hope you have a kick ass get together. Dont forget to post pix.

Florian

Aw man..you were in charge of entertainment.:annoyed:
We'll definetly have more fun than you.:)

Florian
09-26-05, 10:07 AM
Without a doubt you WILL have a better time. (and I absolutely LOVE Schmids food) Have a great time.

F

RobertCTS
09-26-05, 10:21 AM
Put me and the wife down as a maybe. Would love to make it, but still not sure of schedule for the weekend. Is there one place that people spending the night Saturday are staying?

Glad to see you make it Harley Guy. Florian had business come up and had to bag. 2004ctsv posted a place to stay that's pretty close.

RobertCTS
09-26-05, 10:23 AM
This is where we meet:

http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~cookt/images/history/schmidt.jpg

RobertCTS
09-27-05, 11:28 AM
OKTOBERFEST AT GERMAN VILLAGE MAY PRESENT PROBLEMS FOR PARKING. MOST OF THE PARKING AT SCHMIDT'S IS IN THE REAR. THE EARLY BIRDS MAY NOT HAVE A PROBLEM BUT THOSE DRIVING SOME DISTANCE MAY ARRIVE LATER AND NOT BE ABLE TO PARK WITH THE CADILLAC GROUP. IF WE DO OUR PARADE ROUTE WE MAY COME BACK TO FIND OUR PARKING SPOTS TAKEN. FOR BACK UP PLANNING YOU MAY WANT TO LOOK AT OTHER RESTAURANTS & TAVERNS IN THE VILLAGE.

SOME POSSIBILITIES ARE MAX & ERMA'S, LINDEYS AND THE BREWERY DISTRICT. THE WEATHER IS FORECASTED AS EXCEPTIONAL SO THE TURN OUT FOR ALL OF THE FESTIVITIES.

THE OKTOBER FEST IS AN EXTRA COST EVENT. THERE'S ENTERTAINMENT AND BEER VENDORS TO ENJOY. SCHMIDT'S ALSO HAS A NICE ASSORTMENT OF IMPORTED BEERS.

Mark Bunds
09-27-05, 10:50 PM
Does anybody have the exact coordinates of Schmidts? We intend to be there around 10:30.

RobertCTS
09-28-05, 08:05 AM
Does anybody have the exact coordinates of Schmidts? We intend to be there around 10:30.

Mark,
My Suggestion is to use www.MapQuest.com (http://www.MapQuest.com)
The address is 240 E. Kossuth Street
Columbus, Ohio, 43206

I posted a pic so you can recognize the building. Parking in the rear.

Bob

RobertCTS
09-29-05, 10:38 AM
This will probably be my final post for the event. I plan to take a couple of folding chairs and you may want to consider that. My Cadillac is waxed and ready to go.

This is the Oktobertfest schedule for Saturday. Here's the link. Print yourself a copy.
http://germanvillage.com/oktoberfest/e_schedule_2005.htm (http://germanvillage.com/oktoberfest/e_schedule_2005.htm)

http://germanvillage.com/fw4/images/spacer.gifhttp://germanvillage.com/oktoberfest/images/accordian1.gif

http://germanvillage.com/oktoberfest/images/beer1.gif

RobertCTS
09-29-05, 04:30 PM
Hey, you out of towner who might want to make it a big weekend..there is also a Italian Festival going on Friday thru Sunday. Brats & Pizza!!:thumbsup:

http://www.columbusitalianfestival.com/schedule.htm (http://www.columbusitalianfestival.com/schedule.htm) :cheers:

PneuBird
09-30-05, 05:06 AM
I'm loking forward to seeing all of you and checking out your mods. This should be one hell of a great get together!!! Look out Columbus....Hear We Come!!! :bouncy:

RobertCTS
09-30-05, 08:48 AM
Wow, even the weather is working for us Saturday!!
http://image.weather.com/web/blank.gif
http://image.weather.com/web/blank.gifSATURDAYhttp://image.weather.com/web/blank.gif
http://image.weather.com/web/common/wxicons/31/32.gif
SunnyHigh
78 Fhttp://image.weather.com/web/blank.gifPrecip: 20%http://image.weather.com/web/blank.gifhttp://image.weather.com/web/blank.gifMainly sunny. High 78F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
http://image.weather.com/web/blank.gif

feline
09-30-05, 10:02 AM
See you "ALL" Saturday (if my RADIATOR comes in and gets put on today).
SAFE Trip Everyone!!
Feline

RobertCTS
09-30-05, 10:45 AM
See you "ALL" Saturday (if my RADIATOR comes in and gets put on today).
SAFE Trip Everyone!!
Feline

Ginnie,
That's not sounding good! Your radiator is not even in!:nono:
You gotta go and stand on somebody's head and kick butt.:mad2:
Cry crocidile tears:crying2:
You don't want to miss this event.:bouncy:

illumina
10-01-05, 12:05 AM
Umm...Please don't hate me for this, but I might not be able to make it...If I do show up, it may be closer to noon, if not, I'm sorry for any inconvenience...:(

PneuBird
10-01-05, 01:13 AM
Noon is gooooooooood!!!!!!!!! :alchi:

RobertCTS
10-01-05, 07:41 AM
Noon is gooooooooood!!!!!!!!! :alchi:
But the Beer will all be consumed by then!:cheers: :excited:

Zeppelin
10-01-05, 09:13 AM
Sorry for the late notification, but I have to bail on today. I have an order of coral that was supposed to be in this afternoon, but got moved to an earlier flight. I have to be at the airport at 11:00 for pickup, then have a couple hours in unpacking and acclimating the corals. From there, its the coral swap for the afternoon.

Was looking forward to meeting everyone. If anyone is planning a second gathering for dinner somewhere, please post here. Hooters on the east side, in Reynoldsburg, comes to mind. :devil:

RobertCTS
10-01-05, 09:17 AM
Sorry for the late notification, but I have to bail on today. I have an order of coral that was supposed to be in this afternoon, but got moved to an earlier flight. I have to be at the airport at 11:00 for pickup, then have a couple hours in unpacking and acclimating the corals. From there, its the coral swap for the afternoon.

Was looking forward to meeting everyone. If anyone is planning a second gathering for dinner somewhere, please post here. Hooters on the east side, in Reynoldsburg, comes to mind. :devil:

Oh Man... I hate the thought of getting stood up for some stupid Coral that doesn't have a brain or tits.:helpless:
You're on our Sh!t list Zep. If we get together for a dinner, you're buying!:rant2:

Zeppelin
10-01-05, 09:22 AM
Ya, but I have some nice (.)(.) that come by and buy the stuff from me. :cool: This is a big order from California. Three nice sized boxes. Cant let the stuff sit at the airport and risk(or afford) it dying, ya know. Not quite as expensive as the caddy parts, but still the saltwater hobby isn't cheap by any means.

RobertCTS
10-01-05, 09:28 AM
Ya, but I have some nice (.)(.) that come by and buy the stuff from me. :cool: This is a big order from California. Three nice sized boxes. Cant let the stuff sit at the airport and risk(or afford) it dying, ya know. Not quite as expensive as the caddy parts, but still the saltwater hobby isn't cheap by any means.

We'll have lotsa pics ZEP. You'll look at them and wish you left your coral at the airport. We'll miss you man!:p

I'm loading up the Cadillac now and will leave in a few minutes.:bouncy: :banana: :dance: :excited: :excited:

Zeppelin
10-01-05, 09:34 AM
I might surprise ya and pop in early for a few. Wont be able to stay for lunch though, if I make it there.