: LS6 Guru's ?

Avejoe
07-11-05, 10:16 AM
Had my V Dyno tuned friday. My timeing is irratic from 2000 to 2700 rpm. Changed the plugs to NGK Aridium, thought I may have cracked one installing headers. Gained 8hp with the plug swap : ) but still have the same problem. I even see a blip in the stock dyno run at 2400 rpm. I know it could be wires or a senser, but is there something in the programing I'm missing before I go that root or is there something else I should check first. I'm attaching the dyno sheets and check out the one that says plugs at the top right corner. 8 hp gain!!! Most Bang for the Buck !!!

Rey
07-11-05, 11:55 AM
I am not a LS6 guru, but I did have a somewhat similar problem after I installed Bosche +4 plugs and TPIS ignition wires. Car ran fine except at wot in higher gears at low rpm when it missed. There were no check engine codes. Took the car to TPIS, and using their handheld diagnostic equipment we quickly determined that missing was on #2 cylinder. The rest was easy. We swapped first a new plug, then a coil and finally a new wire. The wire was the culprit. It had a hairline crack in the plug cap, and was replaced under warranty by TPIS, even though it was equally probabable that I caused the problem in my installation.
You would think that this problem would cause the car's computer to register a code. TPIS says that in their experience GM does not register a code with every little problem.

PneuBird
07-11-05, 12:46 PM
Hey REY.....What part # did you use for your Bosche +4 plugs? Sorry about the threadjack!! :wave: :hmm:

Barak
07-11-05, 06:22 PM
My timeing is irratic from 2000 to 2700 rpm.

I hope your timing is not as erratic as your spelling, but my guess is that you may be getting some knock retard. No pun intended.:histeric:

You would think that this problem would cause the car's computer to register a code. TPIS says that in their experience GM does not register a code with every little problem.

The manufacturer is only required to set a code when emissions exceed 1.5x the standard. Your misfire must have been less than this threshold. GM does not set the rules for when to set a code or when not to, the gov't determines that, at least when it is related to emissions.

Rey
07-11-05, 11:31 PM
The Bosche +4 plugs I am using are #4458.

PneuBird
07-12-05, 06:01 AM
Thanks REY!!!! Hey StealthV....are you using the same plug??? :confused:

StealthV
07-12-05, 08:01 AM
But of course; there can be only one. :)

Avejoe
07-13-05, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the info. But upon looking at the data in the lap top, while driving, with the new tune. There is no uneven timeing, and the tune is on the pipe !:thumbsup:

Avejoe
07-13-05, 05:38 PM
365+ rear wheel hp, with billy boat exhaust, headers, Xpipe, Ling. cai and dyno tune with NGK's not to shabby !!!