: Dealer Messed up Sales Contract...

naiculnila
07-11-05, 08:40 AM
Long story short, my dealer called on friday to tell me they made a mistake on my contract and i need to come in and redo it!

so i was like sure! until...my sales guy adds "for your trouble management will take $10/mo off ur agreement"

This made me think as to why? What's the problem that they are willing to give me more money off?

So now i'm pondering ideas on how much more i can get them to discount it! and MAYBE i could even get a free CORSA system out of it!

Or it might be that they sold me a car with loose panels, scratched rims, and burnt pixels on the navi screen!!!

07-11-05, 09:51 AM
not enough info to hazard any real guesses. Likely they made some administrative or clerical error, and as a customer relations move they are throwing you a bone to make it less irritating to spend the time to redo it. Unless of course they have recalculated other things and it actually is costing you more money.

It is unlikely that they decided that they are selling you damaged goods and decided to charge you less just to be nice. If they are foolish enough to knowingly sell you drec then they would also try to get every nickel of your $$ in the process.

D

AmesCTS-V
07-11-05, 10:13 AM
I would think it would be something like a wrong VIN type deal. If it was damaged goods and you didn't figure it out when you bought it I don't see why they would point it out to you later.

naiculnila
07-11-05, 10:16 AM
I will update later tonight when i stop in. Hopefully it works out in my favor!

GNSCOTT
07-11-05, 04:21 PM
I'm going to guess it had something to do with the financing rate. You are problably legitimately supposed to have more like $20 off your payment. Make sure the apr does not change, the price of the vehicle does not change, the trade in allowance does not change, and no added fees.

It may just be a dealership that wants you to give them a good score on the satisfaction questionare.

Rikmyster
07-11-05, 05:49 PM
let us know what was changed or they "TRIED" to change, also which dealer. Maybe CADILLAC should know about this

naiculnila
07-11-05, 06:30 PM
well it wasn't as bad as i thought.....they were just trying to put me on a different plan because of the lease terms. They wanted to increase the residual value and thus minimize my payment by 10/mo.
I decided against it and stuck with my current setup which is perfectly fine!

Anyhow, my car is in there with 2000 miles on it. Transmission is sticking in reverse, 2nd and 3rd gear. I have two loose pillar panels..!
nav screen has burnt pixels, my two rims on left side are scratched from when they had it and a few other issues! We shall see how they deal with this matter; so far they have been very good!

V-Beach
07-11-05, 09:30 PM
Sounds like a Philly deal....

v-Power
07-12-05, 05:31 AM
man I thought that I had issues with mine. I have had it in the shop only 4 times as of yesterday with only 3 more visits to schedule.

07-12-05, 07:05 AM
the sail panels are a common problem. Somebody else here had an issue with dead pixels on his display....and I think the answer was that a small percentage of dead pixels are normal????

gswoff
07-20-05, 12:53 PM
I'd be sure to hold onto that Lease Agreement and make sure the problems w/ the scratched wheels and navi are written somewhere.... I'm 99% sure you leased thru GMAC and while the navi pixels might get passed up after your turn-in, the scratched wheels (if it gets worst) might not.

If a contract comes into a lender w/ the wrong rates, residuals, etc.. they'll send it right back to the dealer to have corrected.. and that's usually the case when you get a buzz from the dealer to come back in to resign.

05StealthGray
07-20-05, 01:07 PM
I have a GMAC lease on my new V also, since the Corsa exhaust is a dealer installed option, I wonder if it would cost me for replacement at turn in? I know any other options (CAI, etc) would have to be removed by me but how about dealer installed options?

naiculnila
07-20-05, 01:09 PM
i've returned leases with extras on them.....unless it's a big deal like New Wheels, exterior modifications etc....my dealer didn't really care!

gswoff
07-20-05, 02:49 PM
You're fine w/ Dealer installed options... just remember, it's not up to the Dealer, it's up to the lender when it comes to mods...

Corsa wouldn't be a problem... but a 7 foot custom wing on the back of your V might be a problem, hah.

naiculnila
07-20-05, 02:53 PM
but a 7 foot custom wing on the back of your V might be a problem, hah.

i wouldn't be surprised if someone did this already!:histeric:

Chuck_V
07-20-05, 06:27 PM
and I think the answer was that a small percentage of dead pixels are normal????

Had a single pixel out on mine, but I refused to accept it because it is after all also a DVD player... They replaced it and the new one is perfect.

C

naiculnila
07-20-05, 08:29 PM
i agree.....it's a new car....there shouldn't be a dead pixel on it so sooon! besides why else did we pay 50K