: Glam Shots: Widened Rears; GS-D3's

lawfive
07-10-05, 06:38 PM
Here are some pics of my baby with 9.25 rear rims, no spacers, 275/40's in the back (GS-D3's all around). I apologize if only ww & dreamin care...

Oh: the last is a pic of Dennis' work on routing around the Magnacharger.

WA 2 FST
07-10-05, 06:47 PM
It looks great. Nice fit with the edge of the fenders.

The most important question now is, "does it hook up better?" :)

urbanski
07-10-05, 07:07 PM
yeah, nice fit, they don't stick out at all
mine stick out 'bout 1/2 inch
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40907&highlight=ccw

Shane's 295s stick out even more, I think. All depends on what a person likes :)

moldowan
07-10-05, 07:18 PM
did you have your rims widened by that guy in california? $300 per???

Looks great!!
-Moldy

VELOSE
07-10-05, 07:36 PM
Very good fit. Now we know what widened stock rears look like.:thumbsup:

CVP33
07-10-05, 07:59 PM
Wow, those tucked up under there nicely. Same questions as the others: cost, hook up, handling, etc.

Anyone have a picture of the wheels that were widened prior to installing wheels? I'd like to see how, where they actually cut them up.

lawfive
07-10-05, 08:01 PM
did you have your rims widened by that guy in california? $300 per???

Looks great!!
-Moldy

Yep, Eric Vaughn in Monrovia. I can post his info if you want, but also you can search for Dreamin's original post on the subject.

:worship: Dreamin!

urbanski
07-10-05, 08:14 PM
:worship: Dreamin!
i'll second that!

lawfive
07-10-05, 08:46 PM
Wow, those tucked up under there nicely. Same questions as the others: cost, hook up, handling, etc.

Anyone have a picture of the wheels that were widened prior to installing wheels? I'd like to see how, where they actually cut them up.

D'oh! I didn't think of snapping them before I put tires on.

Cost: $300 per.

Handling: No diff as far as I can tell.

Hook up: See http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45514

WA 2 FST
07-10-05, 09:18 PM
I would really like to know if you ever take your car to the dragstrip. I'm not as interested in ET as I would be the 1/4 mile trap speed.

Cool wheels and good read on the bushing install. Thx

lawfive
07-11-05, 03:09 PM
Well, the wheels started rubbing against the trailing arms on both sides; worse on the right side. Only when going over bumps. It didn't happen on Friday night when I first got the wheels on; it's possible that the tweaking underneath to put on the LPE bushings changed things just enough to make them rub.

I bought a couple of 1/8" spacers and drilled/hacksawed/filed them to fit our lug pattern. No more rub!

ATTACHMENTS: Photos of the rub point, the spacers, and the lug that's left with spacers on and after the nuts have been torqued down.

urbanski
07-11-05, 03:11 PM
yep, i have spacers too :cool:

OCESCALADE
07-11-05, 03:52 PM
yes these really hook. I have them on my Cobra.

Dreamin
07-11-05, 09:39 PM
Crap, i thought I compensated for suspension travel... the control arms do move closer to the wheel under suspension compression.

So 9.125" max widening... or 9.25" with 1/8" spacer.

Law, if you want to be 100% sure of no more rubbing, wrap that area of the control arms with masking tape... you'll notice light rubbing (well before it rubs the paint off).

Btw, the 1/8" spacer looks fine... you are on all but the last thread of the lug nut.

lawfive
07-11-05, 10:19 PM
Yeah, seems OK: nice and tight with most of the lug used. I wouldn't want to go much more than 1/8th. Although Bill will probably be OK with his 1/5th.

wildwhl
07-11-05, 10:35 PM
The .2" spacers are perfect. I had the wheels off today to double check thread count. 6.75 full turns - and torqued with a lug wrench - all is good. I'm going to put them on the front too, just because I can ;)

Still have four more, very nice, perfectly machined, perfect fit spacers is anyone is interested, PM me. Lawfive's are fine...but mine look better, I promise :lildevil: