: The LPE Bushings Are On...

lawfive
07-10-05, 06:09 PM
Today I installed the LPE bushings. Big step for me; first real wrenching in many, many years. (I was putting off routing the S/C plumbing to get the FRC's back on because I was afraid of effing something up; Denniscars did it for me.)

What I learned:

The front bolt is 24mm, not 21 as the instructions say.
The Corsa needs to be disengaged from the rubber snubbers; otherwise, the exhaust will actually hold up the differential cradle.
Pictures are really, really helpful when paired with written instructions. Thanks, LPE!
Guys should always have a sheet of plywood laying around (this is a re-learned lesson).
My torque wrench only goes up to 160.
Women can be tolerant of it, but they don't 'get it'.
Cars are female.
When working on cars, especially when they aren't fully cooperating, you remember the style of cursing your dad used when HE was wrenching... and you start using it, too. When you put this together with "Cars are female," you get lines like, "C'mon, you bitch! Line up!!"
Suck in your gut for the photos.
Difficulty on the Urbanski scale: I have no idea. Five? The right tools make it easy.

Verdict: She still hops, but not as bad or as often. After several test runs I concluded that if I keep the launch RPM at 3500 or so, I get squeals and not much hop. If I don't feather enough, or rev closer to 4000... BUNNY HOP! I kept testing until I could smell the clutch.

Marty: still making the kit? I'm in the market now...

ATTACHMENTS: Couple of in-process photos.

wildwhl
07-10-05, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the info, lawfive.

What "kit" are you referring to from Marty :hmm:

lawfive
07-10-05, 06:21 PM
Shit, sorry, that wuz Doug's kit, not Marty's.

urbanski
07-10-05, 07:02 PM
5 on my scale eh?
LOL
My torque wrench only goes up to 170 and I'm too weak to make it click at that!!
The plywood/jack was to hold up the cradle??
urb

lawfive
07-10-05, 07:58 PM
Yeah, plywood as a cradle for the cradle.

Oh yeah, adding to lessons learned:

Cold beer tastes really good at 9:40 AM on a Sunday, when well-earned.