: Forza Motorsports...(xbox live)

garyv
07-10-05, 05:45 PM
Anyone play Forza online? Interested in racing CTS-V's online?

adderall
07-10-05, 07:03 PM
I've been hooked on need for speed 2. I wasn't aware of a V in game form. I will definately try to get that game soon.

ace996
07-10-05, 10:30 PM
I bought the Xbox just for Forza!!! I am addicted to this game, way too much fun...but the controller sucks. I'd like the Fanatec wheel, but I'd rather have StealthV tune the ECU. I'll probably be online in a month or so, so stay close....

Ve good,
ace996

akm2k5
07-10-05, 10:36 PM
yeah, I had my V get the works in that game... Love the sound of the turbos with that engine.. I think I have something like 800hp..

V_Power
07-10-05, 10:40 PM
good luck driving that thing at 800 hp

04CTSVforMe
07-11-05, 01:16 PM
Good luck driving anything in Forza with those tire wear physics!
:banghead: :mad: :madtalkin :mad: :banghead:

CTS-VETTE 550HP
07-11-05, 03:46 PM
i'm a big gamer and have played several racing games but no other racing game can even come close to FORZA. the V is wicked with the 350 5.7 liter 800hp turbo package or even the 427 7.0 liter 800hp motor, either one is a good choice but at speeds of 220mph the rear end will dance all over the track. the best racing game i have ever played.

V-seriesTech
07-11-05, 04:07 PM
i'm a big gamer and have played several racing games but no other racing game can even come close to FORZA. the V is wicked with the 350 5.7 liter 800hp turbo package or even the 427 7.0 liter 800hp motor, either one is a good choice but at speeds of 220mph the rear end will dance all over the track. the best racing game i have ever played.

Better then GT 4?

Mutlu
07-11-05, 04:08 PM
Wayyyy better than Gt4

V-seriesTech
07-11-05, 05:05 PM
hmmmmmmmmm

DeVillish
07-11-05, 06:19 PM
iam getting an X-box this weekend just for forza. doesnt it have an STS too?

akm2k5
07-11-05, 07:34 PM
im going to try to capture me playing with the v and post it here..

heavymetals
07-11-05, 07:40 PM
You need one of these:

http://www.gameracer.us/

04CTSVforMe
07-11-05, 10:11 PM
If you think Forza is the best racing game ever, you must not have ever played a real simulator on the PC.

Grand Prix Legends & Sports Car GT put either Forza or GT4 to shame in physics simulation. The older graphics may not be as good, but the GPL gameplay of 1967, no aero-effects, 1200hp in a 900lb car on old tech tires will make you smile all day wide when you figure out how to steer it with the right foot more than the wheel. Racing sim genius, that game.

Tell me this, regarding Forza, when you drive your V (or any real world car) spiritedly for 1/2 mile, are you able to take a tight turn at 20-30mph? You can't in the game. The tire wear physics model is SO overly sensitive. If you take one (one!) aggresive turn in Forza, you might as well have oil all over the track.

It's not only in powerful cars...I used to drive my wife's MR-2 spyder around parking lots, trying with difficulty to get it to oversteer or whatever...in the game, it is impossible NOT to oversteer or understeer like you're on ice. I find it a fun mod 'em and race 'em game, but it is no simulator.

ace996
07-11-05, 10:37 PM
Forza is...as some have put it...TOO REAL when it comes to the physics, tire longevity, ect. Just as any high horsepower car on the track, you can't just floor it and expect tires to last. There is a way to balance grip/longevity, it just takes a looong time testing and re-testing to get it right...and its different on every track. It is not an easy game to do right...I'm in a career now and only up to level 17...and its getting harder and harder to beat the AI. I can't mod past my level, so I must make due with what can be done.

I do like the Nurburgring with the Caddy LMP, though....insane.

garyv
07-11-05, 11:05 PM
04CTSVforMe, I agree...GPL is in my opinion, the best driving simulator I've played. Too bad the graphics are a little old school and there was no online racing options.

Check out http://www.racing-legends.com/news.htm - the game was never finished, but looks awesome!

Vrocks
07-12-05, 12:32 AM
Grand Prix Legends & Sports Car GT put either Forza or GT4 to shame in physics simulation. The older graphics may not be as good, but the GPL gameplay of 1967, no aero-effects, 1200hp in a 900lb car on old tech tires will make you smile all day wide when you figure out how to steer it with the right foot more than the wheel. Racing sim genius, that game.

Tell me this, regarding Forza, when you drive your V (or any real world car) spiritedly for 1/2 mile, are you able to take a tight turn at 20-30mph? You can't in the game. The tire wear physics model is SO overly sensitive. If you take one (one!) aggresive turn in Forza, you might as well have oil all over the track.

GPL... I was hooked on that game 6 years ago. SPA and the Glen were my favorite courses (the ring was cool). The lowest time I ever got at the Glen with the Lotus was around 1:04.20.

I've played Forza and it isn't near as 'quick' or 'real' as GPL but it's the best simulator on a game machine that I've played. They did get the characteristics of the cars, the V behaves a lot like the real thing and so did the C5.

04CTSVforMe, I agree...GPL is in my opinion, the best driving simulator I've played. Too bad the graphics are a little old school and there was no online racing options.

Check out http://www.racing-legends.com/news.htm - the game was never finished, but looks awesome!
Damn, I'd have to buy another steering wheel for the computer if that game was on the market.

akm2k5
07-12-05, 05:16 AM
Alright, I was able to capture me playing forza with the ctsv. Few things first. I couldnt capture the sound, so its just vid, and I added a song just for the hell of it.

Here is the direct link to the file
http://dl4.rapidshare.de/files/2991977/41103867/forzaakm.wmv

If that doesnt work, click on this page and you should be directed to the file
http://rapidshare.de/files/2991977/forzaakm.wmv.html

04CTSVforMe
07-12-05, 11:21 AM
The LMP cars epitomize my faults with this game perfectly...they don't slide around corners, they stick like friggin glue. Even after 2 hours of high speed driving they don't drift around coners like Forza makes them do after 2 laps. I just think it is over-dramatized for the console crowd. (not that I fault them for that marketing move though!)Anyone ever play LeMans 24 on the Sega Dreamcast? That was a good console sim...I even played a ful 24 hour race (although it was too easy to win, IMHO).

I also hear Midway is making a new Rush game...LA Rush, I think? Now those are some fun arcade racing games! : )

V-seriesTech
07-12-05, 12:03 PM
DAMMIT. I have to buy an X-BOX now.

akm2k5
07-12-05, 12:24 PM
Awsome, I used to have every rush they made before I got my xbox.

The LMP cars epitomize my faults with this game perfectly...they don't slide around corners, they stick like friggin glue. Even after 2 hours of high speed driving they don't drift around coners like Forza makes them do after 2 laps. I just think it is over-dramatized for the console crowd. (not that I fault them for that marketing move though!)Anyone ever play LeMans 24 on the Sega Dreamcast? That was a good console sim...I even played a ful 24 hour race (although it was too easy to win, IMHO).

I also hear Midway is making a new Rush game...LA Rush, I think? Now those are some fun arcade racing games! : )