: Pricing/Deals

carperson
07-10-05, 04:31 PM
My dealer has 2 leftover '04s (brand new)...Lincoln dealer willing to discount $18-19k off sticker...told me up front he's tired of paying taxes on 'em, but Cadillac dealer is being harder to deal with. in the end, will he do this? I'd rather have the escalade, of course...

Also, how much better is the new Nav system than the old, and could i replace the old with the new?

FYI, the MSRP sticker for this Blue Chip '04 is $59,500.

nickc280
07-10-05, 06:49 PM
instead of trying to make your post shorter, put the missing words back in so we can understand what your really saying, it sounds like your debating between a Lin. Nav. or a Lade??? right?

Spittin Game
07-10-05, 07:08 PM
I think you can get a brand new 05 Lade out here for around 48-49K +/-

Rolex
07-10-05, 08:51 PM
instead of trying to make your post shorter, put the missing words back in so we can understand what your really saying, it sounds like your debating between a Lin. Nav. or a Lade??? right?

I'm glad I'm not the only one lost. If you want to get a price check we'll need details.

Boombotz
07-10-05, 09:40 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one lost. If you want to get a price check we'll need details.

I too am lost. :hmm: But what ever it is get the Caddy. :D

From what I can gather he can get a good deal on some leftover 04' Lades but the dealer is difficult to deal with. Then at the Lincoln dealership he can get the dealer to discount 18-19,000 of the sticker for a Lincoln Nav.

He would also like to know if the Nav in the 04 Lade can be changed out to the touchscreen style in the 05'.

I don't know for sure but thats what I got out of it.

Dif
07-10-05, 10:21 PM
I think you can get a brand new 05 Lade out here for around 48-49K +/-
Yes, I've seen a 2005 EXT with White Diamond paint, Navigation, Moon Roof and Chrome Wheels.. $58,700.00 ..
With the Employee discount it's listed at $48,800.00 ..

carperson
07-10-05, 11:17 PM
SOrry for the confusion...Yes...I have been pricing Escalades, and for something to compare against, Navigators and Denalis. The Cadillac dealer here has 2 leftover 04 models (never titled). The Lincoln dealer also has 2 leftover 04 models (also never titled). The Lincoln dealer UP FRONT told me he will give me 18-19 off sticker, period. The Cadillac dealer will not be as up front, and i do not like to haggle. Obviously i would rather have the '05, but I would rather spend in the $41-42 range, not any higher. I am trading out of an '04 Tahoe z71 Loaded, and know i could get a new 05 tahoe z71 loaded for $40 or less.

Any good ideas of price check on whether I should expect the Caddy dealer to come down as much as the Lincoln dealer on the 04's. (no way i will buy the nav's-just priced for comparison...would definitely buy the lade if priced right).

also, on the nav issue, the 04 i am considering has navigation, but it is obviously not the 05 touchscreen version...does it suck? Is it replaceable with the 05 version?

Hope this clears up the confusion...thanks in advance.

Boombotz
07-10-05, 11:32 PM
As for the Nav. I have the 03' model and enjoy the Nav in it. As for the 05' model they have a safety feature in it that it does not allow you to play with the Nav unless you are in Park or the E-brake is applied. Haggle down the dealer as low to low 40's as you can get. I would prefer the 04' Lade over the 05' Lade. They took some little things away in the 05 model, like keyfoab memory seats, mirror's, gas and brake pedals, radio station presets for key # 1 and #2. Get the Lade you won't be sorry. I just wish I could of bought my truck for that.

pimp-cadi-danny
07-11-05, 02:15 AM
i was at the dealer in my area 05 lades and ext's are 47-49k new 0 miles

hcvone
07-11-05, 07:55 AM
The Caddy dealer can not go 18k off sticker (unless he is in the business to lose money) I have seen Escalade's at 12k off sticker but not any higher than that. :)

Edscalade
07-11-05, 08:44 AM
I bought a 2004 EXT (with all extras & Chrome wheels) in december 2004 as the dealer was shifting them out at discount. I paid $52300, included i got 100,000km free servicing and maintanance, 1 years free fully comp insurance, free registration, plus they fitted the tow bar free of charge (something left off the '04's). I was happy with that - plus 3% finance with HSBC...
Only thing different is i am in Dubai...

videojoe
07-11-05, 12:07 PM
Are you speaking of EXT leftovers (2004)? Where is the dealer located (State). I have been looking for a used 2003 EXT for about a month. I spoke with a dealer this weekend in NJ as he has an 03 EXT with 18000 miles. He says it's got a minor scratch on the tailgate. He asking $35.5K. Extras are the moonroof.

Rolex
07-11-05, 03:25 PM
The Caddy dealer can not go 18k off sticker (unless he is in the business to lose money) I have seen Escalade's at 12k off sticker but not any higher than that. :)

+1. I have to wonder if the Lincoln dealer's willingness to drop 18k off the sticker reflects its somewhat poor resale value? It seems to me that the Cadi dealer would be able to chip off a little more than 12k on last years model. Just a thought...