: msheri01 or anyone....How much HP will the 06 LS2 V Have??

GNSCOTT
07-10-05, 04:28 PM
OK, can anyone here that works for a dealership call someone at GM and ask the question. I am assuming orders can now be placed for the V so there should be performance numbers out? Even a "we do not know yet" is an extremely positive answer.

CVP33
07-10-05, 04:43 PM
Obviously there's a presidence of this with the 385hp Z06 followed by 405hp the next model year.

GNSCOTT
07-10-05, 07:09 PM
Obviously there's a presidence of this with the 385hp Z06 followed by 405hp the next model year.

I have no idea what you are trying to say. THe V has had 400hp for 2 model years, the Z06 had 405hp for 4 model years. You have the Vette, Silverdo SS, GTO, and SSR all with LS2's all with 400hp or lower. I don't think it is obvious that they will put more HP in the V. I think its more wishful thinking. If there is more HP. I would like to get an order in as early as possible before dealers realize this. I think its much easier now to get someone to honor a Driveway certificate right now see how they are giving GMS on 05's. A rear end fix and 425HP would get me into a new V for 06.

Devil_concours
07-10-05, 07:25 PM
I have no idea what you are trying to say. THe V has had 400hp for 2 model years, the Z06 had 405hp for 4 model years. You have the Vette, Silverdo SS, GTO, and SSR all with LS2's all with 400hp or lower. I don't think it is obvious that they will put more HP in the V. I think its more wishful thinking. If there is more HP. I would like to get an order in as early as possible before dealers realize this. I think its much easier now to get someone to honor a Driveway certificate right now see how they are giving GMS on 05's. A rear end fix and 425HP would get me into a new V for 06.

well z06 did have 385hp in its launch year and gm upped the horsepower to 405 as well as a new badge to indicate the 405hp change. This pissed off a quite a bit of first gen z06 owners.

CVP33
07-10-05, 08:51 PM
GNSCOTT,

Sorry I thought you'd been following this topic. There are rumors afloat that because GM listed the LS2 for the CTS-V but did not list the HP rating that it may be tweaked to higher levels. I thought you were "fishing" for info' regarding this.

As for my comment regarding presidence. The initial year of the ZO6 was in fact equipped with 385 horses. The following year it was raised to 405. My opinion is that maybe GM has heard the inside pressure regarding us CTS-V guys wanting to feel special. Afterall we do pay $55,000+ for our LS2 VS. GTO's paying $33K and base Corvettes paying $45K.

The other argument that could be made is that with new competition from the SRT-8 and the similarly equipped Charger that we are due for a horsepower increase to maintain the alpha male status. Added to this is the claim that the engineers have somehow improved the rear end. Maybe enough to handle say 435 hp to be above the new M3's 400 and the SRT-8's 425.

Who know's?

benjet
07-11-05, 05:10 AM
OK, can anyone here that works for a dealership call someone at GM and ask the question. I am assuming orders can now be placed for the V so there should be performance numbers out? Even a "we do not know yet" is an extremely positive answer.

Orders don't get accepted for about another month, and that's without them delaying it further (there is really not much holding them to their previously set date).

msheri01
07-11-05, 10:28 AM
Current info is still 400 HP.

Koooop
07-11-05, 02:00 PM
The STS-V was supposed to be 440HP, it seems that's been bumped to 469HP. GM has been full of surprises the past few years.

GNSCOTT
07-11-05, 05:17 PM
Thanks guys and gals. What gets me on this is they have to be doing some kind of change to the car or else they would already be out. If they were not either fixing the rear, or upping the ho, or both, why wouldn't the car have been released in June like the 05's were? Do you think they are waiting just to release all the new V's at the same time?

I agree we need to feel and be more special for $55k. If you look at a base Vette with 400HP starting at $44k+ and a base CTS starting at $31k I think we deserve it paying that kind of money. Also they build alot more CTS' than Vettes so that would/should give us more bang for the buck. I really expect the wheel hop to be fixed. That can be done real easy by a co. like GM.

lawfive
07-11-05, 06:31 PM
upping the ho

I'm not familiar with this option, but it sounds good somehow!

AustinV
07-11-05, 06:51 PM
Just wanted to point out...

If you up your ho, make sure her rear can handle it.

lawfive
07-11-05, 07:07 PM
Just wanted to point out...

If you up your ho, make sure her rear can handle it.

Heh-heh, heh-heh, you said, "Rear can." Heh-heh.

AustinV
07-11-05, 07:23 PM
:yup: