: Cold Blue ???

adderall
07-10-05, 10:52 AM
I was asking someone about Redline water wetter. They said that there is a new product called something like "cold Blue" that is supposed to be better and that it has to be used with distilled water. I can't find anything on it. Do I have the name wrong?

wildwhl
07-10-05, 12:15 PM
Personally, just grab a bottle of the Water Wetter (or whatever is easy to find and locally availalbe to you) and add to the system (can be done throught the overflow tank over time)...How much better could "cold blue" be...and with Water Wetter you just Add To The System....no other changes required.

adderall
07-10-05, 12:32 PM
Yeah that was my plan if I couldn't find anything on this Cold Blue. This mechanic said that he heard that a lot of the track guys are using this stuff and that it had just come out. Figured I would check it out. The only info I could find was about cooling computers with the stuff but no product or dealer info and nothing about automobiles.

ace996
07-10-05, 01:05 PM
Please, Please....ONLY USE DISTILLED WATER WHENEVER YOU ADD FLUID TO YOUR SYSTEM. Over time, the deposits and scaling that can occur with tap water is not a good thing. If you go without coolant, such as a 100% water/waterwetter mix, there will be NO anti-scaling protection and distilled water is is a must.

WaterWetter is a fantastic product that works best with ONLY water. You can add it to coolant but its effects are diminished. Most tracks require a NO COOLANT policy when running bikes, so everyone uses water/WaterWetter.

You may notice an increase with normal operating temps (+10degs) but the top threshold of temps are always kept cooler. WaterWetter allows the system to pull heat away from the block more efficiently, so the fluid is usually hotter....but as you get closer to boiling point (212degs), the mix does its thing.

Best product I've ever used for the coolant system, if this ColdBlue is similar or better...you probably can't go wrong.

wildwhl
07-10-05, 01:54 PM
Yes, ace996, is correct...I agree...distilled water only when adding fluid.

In the Maggie I/C I'm running water wetter and distilled water only at the moment :) Hope I don't forget to charge some antifreeze back in there before winter :hmm:

adderall
07-10-05, 02:45 PM
Great info! Thanks!