: Have streaks in windshield,need help removing.

HowieSRX
07-09-05, 10:58 PM
I have streaks on my 04 2wd srx v8's windshield from Rainx. The streaks do not want to come off. I tried all kind of cleaners and cleansers for windshields and nothing gets it off. The streaks are only visible when it rains and I am using the wipers. It is driving me crazy. any suggestions

c5 rv
07-10-05, 01:09 AM
If Stoners doesn't get them off, I'd use claybar.

Kipp
07-10-05, 04:21 AM
Also try putting new wiperblades on after the cleaning

syrob@MSN.COM
07-10-05, 10:18 AM
Are you sure the problem is from rain-x. My windshield had streaking, Bonami, steel wool (as tried by the dealer) did not solve the problem.

Ironically, the windshield developed a stress fracture and had to be replaced under warranty.

I would try this, Bonami (the one for glass (read canister)), softscrub (very lightly), and the other cleaners for windshields (clay as above etc)...

Wash very well with a no waxed dishwashing detergent.

Then followed by a treatment with PIAA silicone treatment that comes with the PIAA silicone wiper blades. It has acid and etches the silicone into the glass.

I have used this on my "new" windshield and the results are superior to Rain-x. Rain-x causes noting but chatter when you use it with wiper blades while the PIAA system is designed to work together. Best of all you only treat once a year !!

SYROB

HowieSRX
07-10-05, 01:36 PM
The windshield was replaced twice for stress cracks. I went back to the dealer because it looks like also the they might of dropped adhesive on the windshield and tried to clean it. When the second windshield was installed the moldings that connect the windshield to the truck's roof flew off on the highway. They weren't tightened properly and grease prints were on top on the headliner. I had numerous problems with this dealer and all problems came from the dealer not the truck{radio was replaced and programmed wrong, dashboard scratched when radio was installed, and two windshields replaced but I am trying to finish with them in order to go to another. The dealer Sun Auto in Bohemia NY uses an outside company for window installations. I am going to try the Bon ami. Thanks

Kipp
07-10-05, 02:27 PM
The windshield was replaced twice for stress cracks. I went back to the dealer because it looks like also the they might of dropped adhesive on the windshield and tried to clean it. When the second windshield was installed the moldings that connect the windshield to the truck's roof flew off on the highway. They weren't tightened properly and grease prints were on top on the headliner. I had numerous problems with this dealer and all problems came from the dealer not the truck{radio was replaced and programmed wrong, dashboard scratched when radio was installed, and two windshields replaced but I am trying to finish with them in order to go to another. The dealer Sun Auto in Bohemia NY uses an outside company for window installations. I am going to try the Bon ami. Thanks

Not to change the subject but I had greaseprints on the headliner and a scratch on the fender, This drove me nuts!! I ripped them on the Cadillac survey. Whats wrong with these techs?? Stay away from Grossinger if in Chicago!!! Now Im done venting.........thx