: Interesting Listing........ pre-2000 Northstar and transmission

98eldo32v
02-06-14, 03:27 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CADILLAC-ELDORADO-4-6L-DOHC-NORTHSTAR-V8-ENGINE-4T80E-AUTOMATIC-TRANSMISSION-/271351515639?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f2dcf89f7

Submariner409
02-06-14, 03:41 PM
Asking way too much.

Ranger
02-06-14, 09:35 PM
They ALL have 55-60K on them. Just check with any junkyard.

rodnok01
02-07-14, 12:26 AM
Unless I see actual mileage on a car forget it, they all have 100k on them in my mind.
You can get trans and engine here for less than a K. Plus no way I'm dropping a N* without studding it so add another K to that used price.

stoveguyy
02-07-14, 10:45 AM
The plug wires are perfectly aligned in plastic guides. Must be original.

Submariner409
02-07-14, 02:46 PM
Unless I miss my guess, that engine has been cleaned and sprayed with the used car lot detail stuff that makes things look new.

Ranger
02-07-14, 03:46 PM
Yeah, it's pretty onvious that the whole thing has been shot with a clear lacquer.

98eldo32v
02-07-14, 06:21 PM
One thing I can say gentlemen,

The emissions requirements must be quite different in Japan versus here in the states. For some reason most of the engines that come out of Japan have very low mileage most of the time by our standards.

There is a company here that I deal with when I have to source and Asian engine or transmission and every engine I have ever picked up has looked to me practically brand new, down to the original spark plugs.

It has freaked me out a couple of times that the motors look barely broken in, but I've never had an issue.

The Asian guys here love the place, they pick up all the Asian spec motors and put them in their cars.

The Asian spec stuff, for the most part I've noticed when I've done motor swaps have free flowing manifolds and intakes versus the U.S spec engines. Internals are probably different too.

I guess that's what those guys are looking for........

Submariner409
02-07-14, 08:17 PM
Does the transmission ID tag identify the posted Northstar engine/transmission as an Asian re-import ? What would the sea freight cost be to bring it back ? If there is a decent supply of these overseas Northstar packages it might be profitable to look into the supply chain.

Ranger
02-07-14, 09:55 PM
The emissions requirements must be quite different in Japan versus here in the states. For some reason most of the engines that come out of Japan have very low mileage most of the time by our standards.
That's probably because fuel is too expensive to be able to drive them.