: Anybody near Plattsburgh, NY?

Rich64SS
07-08-05, 09:16 PM
I'd bet anything this is a scam, can anybody go check it out?
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=185572973&dealer_id=56578573&car_year=2004&search_type=both&make=CAD&transmission=&model=CTS&distance=200&address=01569&make2=&advanced=y&certified=&max_mileage=&max_price=&min_price=&end_year=2004&color=&start_year=1981&drive=&isp=y&engine=8+Cylinder&doors=&fuel=&lang=en&cardist=200

JOEYCTS-V
07-08-05, 11:06 PM
It's either a scam or a typo.

OldRoadDawg
07-15-05, 06:21 PM
I'd bet anything this is a scam, can anybody go check it out?
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=185572973&dealer_id=56578573&car_year=2004&search_type=both&make=CAD&transmission=&model=CTS&distance=200&address=01569&make2=&advanced=y&certified=&max_mileage=&max_price=&min_price=&end_year=2004&color=&start_year=1981&drive=&isp=y&engine=8+Cylinder&doors=&fuel=&lang=en&cardist=200

Rich64SS:
Being curious about a 'V' being offered through AutoTrader.com for $15K,
I e-mailed the owner a little over a week ago and got this response today . . shown below. Still smells like a scam and the car is no longer shown on AutoTrader. Maybe I'm passing on the "deal of the century", but I think I'll pass just the same.
Any thoughts? :hmm:

The owner's e-mail response:

"Hi,

Thanks for your interest. First of all I must inform you that I'm currently in London , U.K and also that the CTS-V is here with me and it is in a perfect condition. If you are really interested we can work something out... I can ship out the car to you or something like that. What do you say?

Now, to tell you something about the car. The car is well equipped with Bose, in dash CD changer, navigation, xenon headlamps, on-star, moonroof, 6 speed transmission, suede seat inserts, homelink, and auto dimming rear view mirror. It has only 4663 miles on it. beautiful. everywhere you park people come and look at it. I really can't stress enough how clean and new this car is.

The price that I ask is $15000 non negotiable.

I have a clear title which you will receive with the car. It can be registered into your name, so stay cool about this.

I must tell you that for security reasons I won't be able to fax or e-mail you any paper of the car, you'll get them with the car.

The car is US street legal, does not need any conversion and it meets all DOT and EPA regulations. It has a miles odometer, etc. The car is as new, with no scratches and it was never involved in an accident. You can check the VIN (1G6DN57S140183666) on http://www.carfax.com/ (http://www.carfax.com/) . The paint looks just as new, the car was always garaged.

When I brought the car in England, I tried to register it, but when I found that the import and register taxes are very high. I was very dissapointed, because I love this car and now I am forced to sell it. I can't sell it here in England or in Europe, because it is US street legal. You can see this, if you will check the VIN. The car was registered in US before. This is the reason that I want to sell the car in USA because european people do not like it prepared this way. The other offers that I have are also from the US.

Thanks!"

Ryan's '05-V
07-15-05, 11:14 PM
This is definitely scam just because of the price. I bid on one on ebay about week or so ago below $30K and it went for $35K. I later received an e-mail from a detective in Rochester, NY where the car was supposed to be located. I guess the owner solicited buyers and they were wondering if I rec'd a note and I hadn't. It also said someone sent $35,000 to Europe somewhere, like London and was scammed. Damn, that would suck but the person must have been a dumbass to send all the money and not just a deposit of some sort. I would suggest leaving this car alone until it is brought back to the US if it exists and they looking at it. We all know you could never get a real CTS-V for $15K.
I went to college in NY and played hockey in the SUNYAC league which included SUNY Plattsburgh. It's a small place but Vs can be anywhere and they get a ton of snow.

BTW, I almost got scammed buying a laptop from someone in Europe and they have different rules there I have heard there are a lot of scammers there.

Good luck but I would leave it alone.