: to the peeps that have been jacked...

MISTERK
07-08-05, 02:43 PM
to all that unfortunately had their trucks stolen...

can you please give me the details on how it was stolen? did they use a screwdriver into the door? what door? broke window? hotwire? screwdriver into ignition? what kind of deterrents did you have? any help would be greatly appreciated.....and sorry to bring up bad memories

fast66
07-08-05, 02:46 PM
for me they drilled a hole below the handle, supposedly they stuck a metal wire hook in there to unlock the door. Thats it plain and simple. I later removed the door locks so it cant happen again.

MISTERK
07-08-05, 02:49 PM
how did they start the car? can you elaborate on removing the door locks? just the keyhole on the door?

Sta11ion
07-08-05, 03:18 PM
There are two ways break the window or break the lock. As for starting it its like any other ignition lock. If you want to help to prevent put a club or the other one under the brake pedal. No one here is going to give you step by step instructions in how to steal a car.

MISTERK
07-08-05, 03:21 PM
i know that...but you cant just throw a screwdriver into a mercedes for example and think the car is gonna start. i was wondering if its that easy for a cadillac.

Rolex
07-08-05, 03:53 PM
i know that...but you cant just throw a screwdriver into a mercedes for example and think the car is gonna start. i was wondering if its that easy for a cadillac.

A car thief can pop the ignition and start most cars with a screw driver. If you're that concerned with your vehicle being stolen I suggest you remove the under hood fuse for the ignition. That would take most car thieves more time to figure out than they would be willing to invest.

ETA: and it's an inexpensive solution.

blingblingcv
07-08-05, 09:23 PM
passenger keyhole was destroyed, so it was prob a screwdriver or something. Dent in the door as well.

pimp-cadi-danny
07-09-05, 06:54 AM
my passenger keyhole was drilled out and then the ignition was

outofdablue
07-09-05, 03:44 PM
They got a spare key made for mine and just drove off with it. They stole mine right in front of my job. :hmm: Luckly onstar tracked it down and it was found within an hour on a quiet street with all the doors locked and the mirror folded in. They stole a couple of personal things out of the truck, but there was no damage at all. So i suggest that everyone cover their vin #'s.

jdub
07-09-05, 08:04 PM
SO HOW DO YOU COVER ALL YOUR VINS IF THEY ARE PRINTED/ ETCHED ON THE GLASS OF EVERY WINDOW?
They got a spare key made for mine and just drove off with it. They stole mine right in front of my job. :hmm: Luckly onstar tracked it down and it was found within an hour on a quiet street with all the doors locked and the mirror folded in. They stole a couple of personal things out of the truck, but there was no damage at all. So i suggest that everyone cover their vin #'s.

Boombotz
07-10-05, 03:58 PM
SO HOW DO YOU COVER ALL YOUR VINS IF THEY ARE PRINTED/ ETCHED ON THE GLASS OF EVERY WINDOW?

My VIN is not etched on the window. If yours is your dealer probaly did that.

Spittin Game
07-10-05, 04:12 PM
The dealers out here require ID to verify that the vehicle is yours before they will just make you a new key.

pimp-cadi-danny
07-11-05, 02:19 AM
my friendworks at a dealership.they have a master key to the doors not the ignition.i didnt believe him til he prooved to to me,we drove around lookin for a madza.we found 5 in 20 min he opened every 1.now that scared me.......

Boombotz
07-11-05, 06:47 AM
my friendworks at a dealership.they have a master key to the doors not the ignition.i didnt believe him til he prooved to to me,we drove around lookin for a madza.we found 5 in 20 min he opened every 1.now that scared me.......

My door key and my ignition key are the same key.

turbojimmy
07-11-05, 02:36 PM
My door key and my ignition key are the same key.

Yes, but I bet the 'master' key doesn't have a transponder in the head to start the car.

I'm kind of curious how any late-model car gets stolen these days, but they do. There is a lot of electronic protection in them but I guess there's always someone trying to figure out how to defeat it.

Jim

Fast Eddie
07-11-05, 04:31 PM
The dealers out here require ID to verify that the vehicle is yours before they will just make you a new key.

That doesn't mean all of them do, all you need is one that doesn't.

84caddy
07-11-05, 05:20 PM
most are dragged up a flatbed

vietfob714
07-12-05, 01:42 PM
does the autoloc help at all? (the thing that goes under your brake pedal) I know the club they'll just cut ur steering wheel.

1SLOMOFO
07-13-05, 05:24 AM
first mod I did to my lade was replacing the door handle with the key hole with a passenger (no key hole) door handle, and then invested on a nice alarm system....the stock systems are too crappy for my liking, they're almost identical to all GMs, some of the tricks I've learnt in my Camaro works for the Escalade too.....scary