: Weekend Almost Ruined!!!

N V myCaddy
07-08-05, 01:28 PM
Heading up to the cottage on our Canadian long weekend holiday to meet up with the CEO club for the first Annual Wasaga Beach Cruise. My tire blew sending my truck to swerve all over the road. I had it all under control and prevented any damage to my truck. Due to the long weekend no tire shops were open to replace my tire. Luckily for me I called one of our sponsors from the CEO club who owns Racetech performance and styling. He happened to have a set of 20Ē rims sitting in the shop which he loaned to me for the weekend. He saved my weekend from being ruined. Has anyone ever had a tire blow out like this?

liftdlegend
07-08-05, 01:45 PM
That looks like it might have been a defective tire.

fast66
07-08-05, 02:04 PM
or not enough pressure in the tire, this cause the tire to squeeze and more force is put on the sidewalls. The force on the sidewalls causes them to heat up and eventually at high speeds they will burst. What was the psi you were running? SHould have been in the 40's atleast.

fast66
07-08-05, 02:05 PM
nice grille though...same as mine

Sta11ion
07-08-05, 03:19 PM
Cover your license plate.

Sycosis
07-08-05, 06:27 PM
This kinda athing has been posted before. Big Truck + Big wheels + Big tires = Big Problems

BIG SPENDER
07-08-05, 07:02 PM
If you don't mind me asking how fast were you going? Nice guy to lend you some wheels.

nukeduster
07-08-05, 07:06 PM
tires fail like that almost 100% of the time when tires are too low on pressure and driven too high of speed. the higher the speed the higher the psi needs to be, if it was too low to begin with, trouble will always ensue.

more then likely operator error.

Boombotz
07-08-05, 07:39 PM
:yeah:

clickart
07-09-05, 12:36 AM
what kind of tires do you have?

N V myCaddy
07-10-05, 01:23 PM
Iím using a FALKEN STZ 305/45/22 Tires, which isnít the best tire on the market but Iím happy with them. These tires call for 50 PSI which I had checked before going on my road trip. For it being defective, I canít see that because Iíve had them over a year now. The only thing that I can think of why this tire blew out is that I was going at a high speed around a bend with a loaded truck(165 km, in miles I think that would be around 90-100 mils) and the tire may have rubbed or cut the inner wheel well causing it to blow out.

Boombotz
07-10-05, 03:51 PM
Iím using a FALKEN STZ 305/45/22 Tires, which isnít the best tire on the market but Iím happy with them. These tires call for 50 PSI which I had checked before going on my road trip. For it being defective, I canít see that because Iíve had them over a year now. The only thing that I can think of why this tire blew out is that I was going at a high speed around a bend with a loaded truck(165 km, in miles I think that would be around 90-100 mils) and the tire may have rubbed or cut the inner wheel well causing it to blow out.

That would explain it. Did you damage the rim? looks like from the pic's you etched a nice line in the road.

N V myCaddy
07-10-05, 04:35 PM
No I didnít damage my rim at all not even a chip on the chrome, the etch on the road is from the tow truck that tried to put my truck on dollyís, but he had to take the dollyís off because he would of damaged the chrome on my rim do to not having any rubber on the rime, so I had to wait for 2 Ĺ hours for a flat bed.

Boombotz
07-10-05, 11:18 PM
No I didnít damage my rim at all not even a chip on the chrome, the etch on the road is from the tow truck that tried to put my truck on dollyís, but he had to take the dollyís off because he would of damaged the chrome on my rim do to not having any rubber on the rime, so I had to wait for 2 Ĺ hours for a flat bed.

That is good to hear.

Frank White
07-11-05, 06:44 PM
you didnt have a spare tire ?

N V myCaddy
07-11-05, 08:04 PM
I did have a spare tire but it was only a 17Ē stock tire. Because itís an all wheel drive vehicle you have to have all the same size tires. I didn't have a spare 22".