: Finally got my Corsa installed and also had my stock exhaust installed on a CTS 3.6L.

kimcheejeegae
07-08-05, 12:04 PM
It's a shame the weather sucks right now.. we were hoping to go do a CTS photoshoot and some video and sound clips. Maybe we'lll get to it this weekend. Stay tuned.. pics and video to come. I love the exhaust. It really is the best of both worlds.. quiet when it needs to be and loud when I romp on the pedal. My gas mileage on this tank sucks... but that's ok. Surprised a few people as I rolled by them. I love the sound of the LS6 under load and I wanted to be able to "amplify" that exact sound and I think the Corsa does exactly that. WHOOO HOOO!!

The CTS with the V exhaust sounds great at idle and at low rpms. It's a little raspy/"tin"-ny under load at higher rpms... the tips look GREAT on the CTS. He got my magnaflow xpipe and stock exhaust. Anyone know what could be causing the raspy/"tin"-ny sound.

trukk
07-08-05, 03:01 PM
Not sure about the tin sound. Perhaps you need a few miles for the PCM to recalibrate, so you aren't running overly rich (or at least more than normal)? Also don;t forget to crawl under and tighten everything down, after a few heat cycles, I'd go 50 Ft/lbs with the trusty torque wrench, and deepwell 15mm socket.

Did you consider trying to put that magnaflow X pipe section on in place of
your Corsa Resonator? Both are 2.5" right? Makes me wonder :hmm:

To lower the overall sound, and make it 'growlier' get some Random Tech Cats. Man do they sound good. Half the price of headers, and with the way Stainless moves around at high heat, no worries about the connection at the block.

-Chris

kimcheejeegae
07-08-05, 05:33 PM
Not sure about the tin sound. Perhaps you need a few miles for the PCM to recalibrate, so you aren't running overly rich (or at least more than normal)? Also don;t forget to crawl under and tighten everything down, after a few heat cycles, I'd go 50 Ft/lbs with the trusty torque wrench, and deepwell 15mm socket.

Did you consider trying to put that magnaflow X pipe section on in place of
your Corsa Resonator? Both are 2.5" right? Makes me wonder :hmm:

To lower the overall sound, and make it 'growlier' get some Random Tech Cats. Man do they sound good. Half the price of headers, and with the way Stainless moves around at high heat, no worries about the connection at the block.

-Chris

Heh.. my next mod will be the RT cats.. w00t w00t!
Thanks for the tip about tightening up all the bolts/clamps.... I'll do that tomorrow!

91 s-10baja
07-17-05, 07:49 AM
Kimcheebowl, turns out it just needed resonators, and the x pipe is still installed, was not removed! Car sound great now, thanks again for the exhaust, and this site pretty much rules!

91 Chevrolet S-10 Baja
04 Cadillac CTS

My 1991 Chevrolet S-10 BAJA (http://mysite.verizon.net/res0ftj3/id6.html)
My 2004 Cadillac CTS (http://mysite.verizon.net/res0ftj3/id5.html)

chiro444
07-17-05, 10:59 AM
How much did you sell the stock exhaust for?

kimcheejeegae
07-18-05, 12:12 PM
How much did you sell the stock exhaust for?

$100

91 s-10baja
07-18-05, 04:22 PM
$100

best hundred bucks ever spent!! Once the fine tuning was resolved!! :)

kimcheejeegae
07-18-05, 05:34 PM
best hundred bucks ever spent!! Once the fine tuning was resolved!! :)

werd!! =)