: Extended hospital stay for the V

MCTS-V
07-07-05, 10:28 PM
Well I had just hit 600 miles and wanted to take the V in for some service issues. First, the car was delivered in poor condition, the dealer was about 1.5 hours from were I live but they were the only one that had the car I was looking for so I had to suck it up. So there were four issues: 1. vibration in steering wheel only between 60 and 70 2. clunking from the rear end between 25-55 3. squeak from the ash tray door over rough pavement 4. battery would go dead when the car sat overnight (a slight inconvenience :suspect: ) Anyway, my expectations were that they would fix 3 and 4, would try and balance the tires and give it back not fixed and tell me the clunk was normal. Well it has been a week and they still have the car. I am happy that they did not just blow me off but I am concerned that they cannot fix it to date. I have to admit they (Progressive in Massillon, Ohio) were the most thorough service department I have ever been involved with and I have had BMW's and Lexus. The SA walked the car with me and we went over every item together. The entire process took about 45 minutes and he has kept me posted on the progress (or lack thereof) they have made. Can't wait to get her back though, I have a regular CTS and it is no V by a long shot. They also did that software upgrade which came up as an open recall that the selling dealer should have done but obviously didn't give a damn. Let you know what happens over the weekend and I am hopeful she comes back without the shakes and clunks. :thumbsup:

Zeagen
07-07-05, 11:21 PM
I'm curious what they find with your steering wheel vibration - I just bought mine two weeks ago and have the same issue. I just made an appointment for next week. Let me know what they find.

Florian
07-08-05, 12:01 AM
who was the selling dealer? Dont tease us like that, fess up....

F

PneuBird
07-08-05, 12:30 PM
Just put about 5000 miles on my BF Goodrich KDW2 tires. I notice a slight pull to the right and a little vibration at 70 MPH. I had my friends at NTB rebalance all four tires. The right side was off 1.25 and the left side .50. I thanked the boys by slamming thru the gears as I left the shop! (They loved it) All is well again with the "V". :dance: :burn:

Dreamin
07-08-05, 04:12 PM
The rebalance fixed the pull?? I ask because i have a pull to the right with my new GY's.

PneuBird
07-10-05, 04:07 AM
Yep....all fixed....But remember one of my old posts where I explained that my toe-in was out both front and rear from the factory....I think some others on this forum have had the same problem! :banghead: