: word on DTE's headers?

moldowan
07-07-05, 08:07 PM
Any word on DTE"S progress for the LT headers that are coming out to compilment the corsa system? also there new tune for 05 models??
thanks,
-moldy

Joey'sVee
07-07-05, 10:25 PM
Not sure but you can call and ask them!

moldowan
07-07-05, 11:59 PM
joey,
where did you get your chromed wheels done and how much did it cost?
they look awesome!!!!!!!!!!! also what % tint is on your windows joey?
thanks,
-moldy

Joey'sVee
07-08-05, 09:14 AM
joey,
where did you get your chromed wheels done and how much did it cost?
they look awesome!!!!!!!!!!! also what % tint is on your windows joey?
thanks,
-moldy

I got my wheels chromed by going to a local tire shop (my buddy owns) and he found someone in cali that has an exchange program. It cost $1,165. I have 20% tint. If i had it to do over again I would go with 15%.

PneuBird
07-08-05, 12:35 PM
Just sent Phil at "DTE" an e-mail about the same question! No responce yet but hopeful the lead pipes will be ready soooooooooon!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

trukk
07-08-05, 01:49 PM
How about word on that DTE Rear that is in the works?

-Chris

Dynotech Engineering
07-08-05, 03:58 PM
The HD Cad. CTS-V differential project was side lined for the time being. CTSVLS6 decided that he didn't want to give his car up for the time it would take to complete a new venture such as this, right in the middle of the summer driving season. (we don't blame him) With that said, if/when we do any sort of thing like this, a major portion of our decision to move forward will pivot on CTSVLS6's desire to offer up his car for protoyping AND after we consider the results of a feasibility study to see if a product offered like this would be profitable for us in the long-term.

One *REALLY* can't imagine just what kind of R&D time and capital it takes to move into a major driveline re-design venture such as this from it's inception to the final product offered to the public, especially for a limited production, low production-volume vehicle as the Cad. CTS-V. We've been there before many times when designing/engineering other HP products for relatively small niche' of the C5 Corvette and KNOW from experience. Often times it takes quite a number of a given product sold before we even come close to breaking even and if the numbers aren't there, then we're not stepping into something this complex just to "see if we can do it". That's just not wise business sense.

This is especially true if GM does come out with a better differential than what they have now that's retrofittable to older cars, which would halt sales significantly of other more expensive aftermarket parts, albeit them being better quality however.... That's just the way it falls in the aftermarket..

We're not closed to the idea of continuing with this venture and we certainly have the engineering ability and desire to do so, but if the company as a whole does not experence financial growth from the endeavor in the long-term, well, then...what we want to do as engineeres' here "just to see if we can do it" and what we can, or are willing to do as a company, for the benefit of the company, are two completely different things..

Best Regards,
Phil Rickard, President/Owner
Dynotech Engineering, Inc.

moldowan
07-08-05, 04:21 PM
AND your headers????

Dynotech Engineering
07-08-05, 05:22 PM
The "headers" have never been "our's". We used Stainless Works long-tube headers and high flow cats for which we fabricated the 2.5" lead pipes to adapt to the 2.5" Corsa exhaust systems. The lead pipes are "our" products, not the headers/cats themselves. CTSVLS6 is getting the first set from production (we promised production parts to him when complete) and provided they fit the car as we had designed so the end user doesn't have any fitment issues, they will be released. Good products that fit as well as they perform take time to perfect and we are NOT one of those companies that rushes something to market because of the demand and/or to make a quick sale.... Unfortuneltly, there is enough of that non-sense going on elseware these days....Our customers (and our time) is much more valuble than that. :)

moldowan
07-08-05, 09:33 PM
good to hear!

But the entire set up will be avail through you ( headers w/ mating thingy)?
do you have a conservative ETA?????
Thanks,
-Moldy

PneuBird
07-09-05, 03:46 AM
Thanks Phil........for the quick response to our questions. I don't blame Paul for not wanting to give his car up again. You can put me on your list for second in line on those headers and lead pipes when they are ready. And Paul still owes me a ride in his "V"!!!! :D

adderall
07-09-05, 09:37 PM
I am about to tint. Why not the %20. Just curious. My concern is being able to see the cops at night.