: Production date.

ahahnu
07-07-05, 06:17 PM
I have an 05 that I purchased in November. I would like to know when it was made and all that. Does anyone know how to break down the VIN to figure all that good juicy info out?

AmesCTS-V
07-07-05, 06:24 PM
Look on the side of the drivers door.

ctsvett
07-08-05, 11:51 AM
also in chalk on the inside of the rear bumper... Thats the day it rolled out...

Reed

ahahnu
07-08-05, 04:52 PM
Thank you for your inputs. Chalk? maybe if it wasn't drivin through snow:eek: . I wish she could be a garage queen. She is my princess though.

ctsvett
07-09-05, 01:27 PM
Its pretty far up there... It shoudl still be visible... Just a suggestion..

Reed

keeksv
07-09-05, 05:44 PM
Was curious about the chalk marks and crawled under my car....found two green recgtangular labels on the inner sides of the wheel wells that say "GM Pilot Material" and give an address of a plastics Co. in Mich. Anyone else find something like this?

Reed?

ctsvett
07-10-05, 02:52 PM
Take a picture and post... Not sure... (my car is thousands of miles away, so I cant go out to the garage and check)

Reed

Rey
07-10-05, 10:09 PM
There is a document called a "certificate of origin", which was included in the dealer's delivery package from the manufacturer. Most people never see the certificate of origin as it is tendered to DMV by the dealer when the dealer orders your plates. What happens to the certificate of origin once in the hands of the DMV is anyone's guess. It is never returned to the car owner, that I know.
However, the certificate of origin certifies the build date and time. At the time of purchase, it is a simple matter to obtain a photocopy of your certificate of origin. Thereafter, if you are lucky your state DMV may retain a microfiche copy. If you are really lucky, your dealer may have made a copy for his files.

benjet
07-11-05, 04:06 AM
There is a document called a "certificate of origin", which was included in the dealer's delivery package from the manufacturer. Most people never see the certificate of origin as it is tendered to DMV by the dealer when the dealer orders your plates. What happens to the certificate of origin once in the hands of the DMV is anyone's guess. It is never returned to the car owner, that I know.
However, the certificate of origin certifies the build date and time. At the time of purchase, it is a simple matter to obtain a photocopy of your certificate of origin. Thereafter, if you are lucky your state DMV may retain a microfiche copy. If you are really lucky, your dealer may have made a copy for his files.

I have a scan of mine (both sides), don't recall if the prod date was on it. Had it in my posession for a while too ;)

keeksv
07-12-05, 11:02 AM
Take a picture and post... Not sure... (my car is thousands of miles away, so I cant go out to the garage and check)

Reed

Anyone know what this is? From the inside of both of my rear wheel wells.

Reed? Sorry about teh quality--taken with my PDA.