: CORSA rattle: as discussed before: READ!

1gCtsV05
07-07-05, 01:40 PM
Spoke with CORSA today... they are looking into the problem that I had as did others here with rattling of the exhaust when running through rain puddles etc... They have never heard of this but are taking quiet seriously as I told them that this is an issue with 6 or so of us on this forum. They sold their CTS-V but have a local one available. They are going to run a series of tests trying to duplicate the situations and noise. If you have any input on this problem please call JEFF or BOB at CORSA 800-486-0999.
Thank you!

lasstss
07-07-05, 01:47 PM
I dont need rain, just goosing the throttle gives a rattle out the back. I e mailed them about it, no reply. When in gear under load no problem. Free reving it sound like a bunch of cans.

urbanski
07-07-05, 01:49 PM
i wonder how they wouldn't know....

everyone here with the rattle taking it back to the dealer for warranty repairs, wouldn't the dealer/GM send Corsa the bill?

J.E.T.
07-07-05, 01:55 PM
I've got the Corsa system on my CTS and had to take it back to the Caddy dealer for adjustment. It was touching a cross-member and vibrating through the floor. After adjustment it was fine.

JET

1gCtsV05
07-07-05, 02:28 PM
well i had mine adjusted as well... everything realigned and retightened...
my exhaust was hitting my rear diff housing (1/8" spacing before - 1/2" spacing now)...
this was last week!!! yesterday NY had more flooding rain and I had to drive through a
small puddle stream running across the street... as soon as I hit it it starting rattling...
then stopped.... did it 1 more time through a similar puddle...

well either way they are looking into it. If you have had / still have this problem I say to call...
give them the scenarios that it had / is happening so then can fix the problem (if you want).

07-07-05, 03:01 PM
I think you guys may be talking about 2 different rattles. There is a small heat shield near the driveshaft coupling which gives a high pitched rattle when free-revving, and is due (at least on my car) to resonance, not metallic contact. The rattle or clang from the rain puddles is likely due to uneven expansion and contraction of the pipes, causing close tolerances between the driveshaft, rear diff, or sway bar to come even closer.

The former seems to be a fact of life, the latter seems to be an installation/adjustment issue.

At least we don't have those gasket and goop problems that "the other guys" have :p

Doug

MrEr1c
07-07-05, 03:10 PM
is your rattling coming from the muffler? becuase on my corsa exhaust ( i know i know not a v) when i was washing the car i got some water inside the pipes and after i noticed some rattling from one of the mufflers that is now gone after driving it some.

1gCtsV05
07-07-05, 04:18 PM
this is a "marble in a tin can" rattle that is loud from under the car... and shakes through the shifter.

trukk
07-07-05, 04:34 PM
Hmm,

I think I made the first post on this back at the end of March. I didn't call Corsa, as after some investigation, it appeared to be a fitiment issue from the install, but what the hell do I know :D .

I described my sound as "..a rabid monkey was banging on the under side of my car with a crecent wrench.." in the initial post. [ http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35845 ]

I'll try and give them a call, when I get some time :(

-Chris

Harley Guy
07-07-05, 06:16 PM
For what it is worth, I put the Corsa system on my V myself (this was a first for me as I am not a mechanical guy) and I have had absolutely no problem with it in +2k miles. No problem in water and no noticable rattle when free reving.

V-Beach
07-07-05, 10:18 PM
[QUOTE=J.E.T.]I've got the Corsa system on my CTS and had to take it back to the Caddy dealer for adjustment. It was touching a cross-member and vibrating through the floor. After adjustment it was fine.

My dealer has adjusted my 3 times, somehow it keeps dropping and hitting that cross member.

LV_V
07-07-05, 10:45 PM
I e mailed them about it, no reply.

That is exactly what happened to me with More Performance, thus I am changing to a fully custom intake; screw More Performance. They nevered answered a single one of my f'ing emails about their heat shield cutting through my K&N intake tube. B@STARDS...

Companies always seem to take emails and respond to them extremely fast when it benefits them, but when there's a problem they care not to answer or correct (their problem in the first place), they disappear. I will never do business with people/businesses like these.

The recent people I have dealt with that were EXTREMELY good at customer service and delivery were lastss, StealthV, and racerwheel. I wish all sellers could act honestly and follow up on there transactions like these guys (especially lastss and StealthV, A++).

ntechnic
07-07-05, 10:46 PM
Tack weld the joints. I had an exhaust shop just put a small tack bead or two on the joints. Easy to remove if I have to by cutting the weld, and no movement at all.

adderall
07-31-05, 05:31 PM
I've got the monkey too. It makes me glad that I read this forum. I was on my way back from the mountains in the rain when I got the clatter. At least I could rest easy knowing that this was not a catastophic part failure. I pulled over for gas and the noise didn't seem to return. I will have to check installation/fitment now I suppose.

2004ctsv
07-31-05, 10:45 PM
For what it is worth, I put the Corsa system on my V myself (this was a first for me as I am not a mechanical guy) and I have had absolutely no problem with it in +2k miles. No problem in water and no noticable rattle when free reving.

Must be a Burgh thing

I installed my own and have had no problems or extraneous noises what so ever. Except the burble noise when I let off the gas.

I did re-torque everything right after it cooled down when I first got the system hot after the install.

Tony

MLV
08-03-05, 10:35 PM
I spoke with Jeff at Corsa a couple of days ago concerning the loud rattling/banging noise when driving in heavy rain. He said this is the first he has heard of it (guess the conversation with 1gCtsV05 in early July didn't register), and that they will check on it and call me back. No word yet. Anyone else who is having this problem should call them; maybe if they hear from enough of us they'll try to find a solution.