: Jimmi Jammer (theft deterent) Install Review

vietfob714
07-06-05, 02:15 PM
I dont know how well this works but it seemed like a good product. I bought it off lil devil motorsports and just finished installing it. It was really easy. Just take off the door panel, remove the rubber plug on the side, unscrew some bolts and put it in. Hopefully it'll stop the screwdriver through my lock. Any opinions on the product?

heres a link
http://www.lildevilmotorsports.com/product_info.php?products_id=7969

BIG SPENDER
07-07-05, 09:36 AM
hello, I myself bought the same product from a place here in Toronto, but I had them install it for me. What they've told me is it will not prevent them from damaging the door but it will prevent them from getting in. One good example was they have an Avalanche and early this year, Race-Tech attended the Auto show, when at some point someone was trying to break in. The only damage was the small hole they left behind, but they didn't get it. They said if they didn't have the jimmie jammer they most likely would not have there truck anymore.

vietfob714
07-07-05, 12:11 PM
did you get the front and the rear?

MISTERK
07-07-05, 04:24 PM
i would like to more about this also...seems like everyone is getting into escalades nowadays. is this the best option or do any of you guys have any other solutions?

BIG SPENDER
07-07-05, 05:23 PM
You only need front's, the jimmi-jammers come as a front kit only, because the two front doors have lock cylinders. Thats how they break into our trucks. Visit there web site www.jimmijammer.com

vietfob714
07-08-05, 05:39 AM
they also have a rear door kit also. Its a different part number. Heres a linkhttp://www.lildevilmotorsports.com/product_info.php?products_id=7969

I just want to be sure they cant get through my doors

pimp-cadi-danny
07-09-05, 06:09 AM
now i see these...i wish i had them on sunday....but my keyhole was drilled out would this have stopped them from gettin in?i know they can break the glass but u know what i mean.

1knight1
07-29-05, 12:35 AM
hello, I myself bought the same product from a place here in Toronto, but I had them install it for me. What they've told me is it will not prevent them from damaging the door but it will prevent them from getting in. One good example was they have an Avalanche and early this year, Race-Tech attended the Auto show, when at some point someone was trying to break in. The only damage was the small hole they left behind, but they didn't get it. They said if they didn't have the jimmie jammer they most likely would not have there truck anymore.

Where in toronto did you get your jimmie jammer and for how much?

BIG SPENDER
07-29-05, 09:34 AM
This is thier number 416-747-5728, $65 for the parts with tax.

1knight1
07-29-05, 02:04 PM
This is thier number 416-747-5728, $65 for the parts with tax.

Is that including the install as well???

BIG SPENDER
07-29-05, 02:07 PM
Is that including the install as well???

No it does not.

hilldo
07-29-05, 03:38 PM
Just get your onstar service... keep you eye on your rig... if you knew how easy this guy opened my Escalade with a little airbag pump (like a blood pressure bag) and a lon curved piece of metal you'd know that any pro theif that wants your 'lade can take it.. This locksmith was in my car in less than 20 seconds with no visible entry marks and no damage to the doors... those jimmie jammers would not even phased him. It's a nice product that will deter the rookies but not the pros.