: Why are some people just so ignorant!?

Blackout
11-06-03, 11:25 AM
This guy on another forum was syaing how his dad has a 2003 Cadillac DTS that would smoke Katshot's FTS. And then I was begging to differ and then he started saying how his DTS has 320 hp and all :confused: so I had to point out to him the has was wrong and the only cars that have a 320 hp Northstar are the XLR and SRX. But of course everyone jumped on his band wagon and was saying how I am an idiot and how I don't know what I am talking about and on and on. But damn! Some people are just so one sided that it is not even funny!

JJhomer83
11-06-03, 11:42 AM
This guy on another forum was syaing how his dad has a 2003 Cadillac DTS that would smoke Katshot's FTS. And then I was begging to differ and then he started saying how his DTS has 320 hp and all :confused: so I had to point out to him the has was wrong and the only cars that have a 320 hp Northstar are the XLR and SRX. But of course everyone jumped on his band wagon and was saying how I am an idiot and how I don't know what I am talking about and on and on. But damn! Some people are just so one sided that it is not even funny!

i get that all of the time when getting into convos with people it gets really frustrating. You are correct about the DTS being 300HP and kevins' FTS will spank the dts. Look up the 1/4 times for the dts to prove a point

Brett
11-06-03, 11:44 AM
Maybe the assembly men on the line gave him that prototype 4.9.............

Blackout
11-06-03, 11:51 AM
lol......we now know of two people with the 4.9 But I've given up on that other forum. if its not a Mustang or Camaro its crap then in their books. Just a bunch of hicks who live in the trailor parks with three teeth watching the NHRA and NASCAR all day

JJhomer83
11-06-03, 11:54 AM
lol......we now know of two people with the 4.9 But I've given up on that other forum. if its not a Mustang or Camaro its crap then in their books. Just a bunch of hicks who live in the trailor parks with three teeth watching the NHRA and NASCAR all day

I have the 4.9L north* i slapped a sticker on it last night and gave me an extra 120 horses. It was a great mod. Highly recomended. Now my car has 1 of 3 4.9L north*.

Stickers - best bang for your buck

Night Wolf
11-06-03, 02:17 PM
I get crap like that everyday....

at the vo-tec, (not my home school) we are talking about cars, and I was like yeah nexy year I am going to get a nice cat-back exhuast system on my car, adn one kid was like why would you do that with a Cadillac it's slow.... then when I brought in a picture of my car at the track a few kids were like, omg you are soo stupid to race a Cadillac, I was like, ok, so racing a V8 luxury car is stupid, but racing a Honda Civic, 4banger cheap economy car isn't? the kid was like, yeah you can soup up a Civc... I am like oh yeah, hot rodder there....then another kid has a 2001 Sentra 5spd..... nothing special like bottom of the line 110hp whatever, yet he claims it would kill my car in a race, then to top it off says if anything he'll get me off the line, I am like WTF are you smokin', give me some..... ah well, not worth my time....everyone at my school, my friends and everyone that rides in the DeVilles seems to love it....

elwesso
11-06-03, 02:22 PM
I dont bother wasting my time talking to ignorant people about that..... it starts useless arguments and you can lose friends...... I can usually stir up a little trouble by saying "yeah, but Ive got 4 times as many valves and twice as many cylinders".......

I usually conclude by saying..... Wanna race???

Blackout
11-06-03, 02:31 PM
I usually conclude by saying..... Wanna race???That was what i said but he never accepted the offer. They just changed the name of the post to "FastSpecV annoy's me" *thats my other screen name* and then they deleted the thread. So oh well I guess they got pissed off at me enough to finally delete the thread because they knew they had no idea as to what they were talking about

JJhomer83
11-06-03, 02:53 PM
That was what i said but he never accepted the offer. They just changed the name of the post to "FastSpecV annoy's me" *thats my other screen name* and then they deleted the thread. So oh well I guess they got pissed off at me enough to finally delete the thread because they knew they had no idea as to what they were talking about

F the stupid people of the world.

AirJigga25
11-06-03, 03:15 PM
That was what i said but he never accepted the offer. They just changed the name of the post to "FastSpecV annoy's me" *thats my other screen name* and then they deleted the thread. So oh well I guess they got pissed off at me enough to finally delete the thread because they knew they had no idea as to what they were talking about

Why would anyone ever get annoyed by you??:eek:

do you trash their cars over there too??:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

lol

Stoneage_Caddy
11-06-03, 03:19 PM
the revrend as witness the gaunlet thrown down once again

in the words of the referee from clebirty deatmatch ..."let get it on!"

AirJigga25
11-06-03, 03:50 PM

lol

stoneage caddy just dropped a classic post. funny bastud

Sandy
11-06-03, 05:46 PM
Rick, (Only my opinion) If I had such a rare & unusual deVille - the final coupe ever to be made, in a super reare color, I think I would not drag race it. I tend to think I'd go the other direction and restore it to perfection, treating it to whatever it needs and I'd show it in car shows with an eleborate display attesting to its special interest facts. You've got something very special there. There's ALWAYS gonna be somebody with a faster car......than you, but there are extremely few with a rarer car! ;)

S A N D Y

elwesso
11-06-03, 06:21 PM
I agree with sandy....... If you got the cash, Id get a beater and save that for special days....... Keeping it perfect and keeping it low miles is key!!!!

Your probably not to far off from show car quality anyway.....

Night Wolf
11-06-03, 09:12 PM
Yeah, I do agree, but funds are ultra-limited right now.....

....the car is really mint, only some hariline scratches and slight rock chips on the hood, I got some touch-up paint that is really close to the orignal color, so I'll be touching it up little by little.....

..... damn, I always said if I ever had a rare or special car I would not just store it in a garage being that cars were made to be driven.....

Being that I really like Grand Am's and am a regualr at the Grand Am Owner Club (used to/still own '90+'91 GA was gonna be sweet project, things didn't go well so the project idea got scraped, now I am trying to sell them...

.... I really like the '96-'98 body style, besides that it is the ONLY year you could get the GT trim with the 2.4 4banger....now it is not the 4banger I am fond of, but the 5spd only came iwth the 4banger, and I would want a 5spd, but I do not like the SE's I like the GT's....see where I am going? I would get a '96-'98 GAGT 2.4 5spd, then if I would like, get go-fast parts for that..... plus right now, a mint '96-'98 GAGT is going for $3,500-$4k or so, hopefully next year prices will go down more.... although I don't really care about the color too much, I DO NOT want red as it would just draw too much attention....

...... still, is the car REALLY that rare? where was the orignal 119 production number from?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6421&item=2440775414

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6421&item=2441369646

Even though it's red... and kinda high miles, this one is pretty cheap:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6421&item=2441183309

same with this one, but alot less miles:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6421&item=2441351054

I would really have to work alot and stuff to be able to afford 2 cars.... kinda makes me sad the DeVille will have to go through this winter, but right now the way it looks, it probally wont have to go through too many NY winters....

Well, next year I wanted to get an early 90's Jeep Cherokee just to mess aorund with in the woods and have fun off roading and stuff..... looks like I may have to re-think the GA idea....

Night Wolf
11-06-03, 09:28 PM
damnit, now I feel real bad for going on a mini 4x4 excursion through the apple orchards (not near trees, didn't scratch paint, but just uneven grass and stuff...bottomed out once too) also for doing a 360 and 180's in the grass, and power sliding around a turn on a gravel road <---- that was like a month ago and I knew it was stupid, I just got bored I guess....... ok, that's it, for the next few weeks I'll go easy on her to make up.....

..... I have seriously been thinking about the GA idea, so I need to really forget about the huge sound system and go-fast parts for the DeVille....put that money towards the GA....... ahhh

Sandy
11-06-03, 09:37 PM
The 119 figure is directly from Cadillac's Historical Collection. I get the breakout every year for each Cadillac model & also the paint color usage breakout for every model.

S A N D Y

ShadowLvr400
11-06-03, 09:50 PM

Judge Mills Lane. He also reffd boxing, and ultimate fighting as well for a number of years.
And whats Katshots car run?

Stoneage_Caddy
11-07-03, 08:37 AM
actualy a 4cyl 5 speed GA GT wouldnt be bad , that 2.4 is the olds Quad 4 , damn good engine , matter of fact when it was in the olds calis it won several SCCA championships , not a bad engine at all , espiclly when it was making honda 4cyl numbers in the late 80s before honda could make any similar numbers

and cocidering its the same engine that went into the 97-01 cavialier z24s....there is aftermarket blowers thru gm as gm was trying desperatly to get kids to look at domestic compacts instaed of forgein so a blower was devolped by gm for the quad 4 , there was even a turbocharged quad 4 in the 88 cutlass superme indy 500 pace car

ahh mills lane that was his name , done forgot it yesterday .... :disappoin

Night Wolf
11-08-03, 02:07 AM
Actually the 2.4 is called the "2.4 Twin Cam" but yeah, it pretty much is the Quad 4.... 10hp less (over the base Q4) and a few other things.... I like the Quad4, alot of people said it was a horrible engine but have no clue..... my '91 GA has a Quad4 although I am trying to sell both the '90 and the '91 I have heard about GM getting the Q4 to make over 800hp to test trannys and stuff on the salt flats.... But back in the late 80;s the Q4 was making crazy amount of power....it pioneered the NorthStar also.

the Quad4 HO which made 180hp with a 5spd is a VERY quick car....the rare Cailis (sp) Quad 442 made 190hp.......

Either way, the Q4 is a nice engine....one of the only 4 bangers I would be proud to own :)