: 22's or 24's?

jefftse
07-05-05, 01:46 PM
Hey gang,

I'm a newbie on this board.. I just purchased a 05 EXT and picking it up tonight. I want to get her some new shoes. I don't know what size I should get. I personally like 24" but i heard braking maybe an issue. It is also cost a lot more. Please advise!

Any used ones around?

Jeff

Alexs EXT
07-05-05, 02:06 PM
If you can afford an '05, and also can afford new rims right after buying the truck (pretty much like i did [pic]) then the price of new brakes shouldnt that much of an issue right? Anyway, I saw new brakes from Baer in I think www.stylinconcepts.com ad. I'm considering getting those when I finally get my 24's put on. They're about $700 for the front and another $700 for the rear I believe.

Alexs EXT
07-05-05, 02:10 PM
Found the link for you - http://www.stylinconcepts.com/part_family.aspx/CategoryID/28/SubcategoryID/131

Seems that their catalog is different than their website

jefftse
07-05-05, 04:48 PM
If you can afford an '05, and also can afford new rims right after buying the truck (pretty much like i did [pic]) then the price of new brakes shouldnt that much of an issue right? Anyway, I saw new brakes from Baer in I think www.stylinconcepts.com (http://www.stylinconcepts.com/) ad. I'm considering getting those when I finally get my 24's put on. They're about $700 for the front and another $700 for the rear I believe.

I never keep a car for a long time. 2 years max and I don't want to spend any money on the brake if not needed.

jmoura92
07-24-05, 11:58 PM
I'm also having the same dilemna...22's or 24's, I have a 02 Escalade...I got 20's for it 2 months ago and they look too small so getting them replaced and still deciding between 22's and 24's...also what tire size for either one? some people have said 24's don't rub , is this possible?

I'm looking to buy a chrome 5 spoke basic wheel, nothing fancy..any suggestions? thank you...

RaGzEmCeE
07-25-05, 12:14 AM
24s dont rub unless you make a sharp turn ... and they barely rub its really not an issue ... the escalades wheelbase is made for oversized wheels ... i would go with 24s ..... but 22's r still kool .... the majority of people that gets 22's regret it and wish they had gotten 24's ....... braking preformance will decrease but its not that big of an issue that you ahve to upgrade your brakes ....

outofdablue
07-25-05, 02:43 PM
Hey Jmoura, I have a set of 23" ACE T1(clean 6 spoke design) w/pirelli tires. I had them for 7 months before selling my ext. All wheels are in perfect condition except for 1 which has a slight scratch and tires have 90% of tread left. Paid $4,200. Asking $2,500 + shipping. E-mail me syext@hotmail.com

jmoura92
07-25-05, 03:22 PM
may be interested , you got mail....

Ingrid77
07-25-05, 07:11 PM
I like 22's. My ex bf had 24"s and EVERY time we hit anything it was like oh god damn it.

nickc280
07-26-05, 06:55 PM
24s dont rub unless you make a sharp turn ... and they barely rub its really not an issue ... the escalades wheelbase is made for oversized wheels ... i would go with 24s ..... but 22's r still kool .... the majority of people that gets 22's regret it and wish they had gotten 24's ....... braking preformance will decrease but its not that big of an issue that you ahve to upgrade your brakes ....

your right I wish I had gotten 24's and not 22's, 22's look small to me know, $hit I saw a Nav. on 26's and they didn't even look that big:hmm::hmm::hmm::bonkers::hmm:

8ball
07-26-05, 11:36 PM
Hey Jmoura, I have a set of 23" ACE T1(clean 6 spoke design) w/pirelli tires. I had them for 7 months before selling my ext. All wheels are in perfect condition except for 1 which has a slight scratch and tires have 90% of tread left. Paid $4,200. Asking $2,500 + shipping. E-mail me syext@hotmail.com
I'm interested too, sent you an email :thumbsup:

Venom77
07-29-05, 06:27 AM
I had twenty inch spinners on mine for awhile when I first got it... too small

I got 24"s and it was so much better, they rubbed though it was nothing that a little bit of hammering on the inside of the wheel didn't fix. Now I only just barely rub if I turn it all the way. Used to be horrible I would turn a corner and BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR people would look and be like wtf was that? lol, but you drive it for a day with the rub, and it puts nice polish marks on the inside of the well and then you just hammer it back some. If you put 26"s you have to tie wrap the well back.

Braking... yeah braking with 24"s is HORRIBLE, I would slam the brakes at a red light and be out in the intersection, it was really really bad... I bought some baer brakes, I think they are 4 piston, couldn't afford the 6 piston ones, and the stock escalade comes with 2 piston brakes I think. It was a front and rear brake kit. I had it put on along with some stainless steel lines, and wow what a difference I can brake confidently now, and If I drive somone elses escalade with stock brakes, I can't stand it.

The ride isn't that bad in my opinion, my old 20 inch rims had a rough ride because of the pirelli tires, NICE rubber, but pirelli rubber is tougher, but yeah any bump in the road is gonna be like ouch, you definately don't want to hit them, regardless of wheel size.

Oh and by the way, you probably want to lower it some as well so the wheel tucks up nicely into the well... I couldn't lower mine cause I put a body kit on it, and I scrape as it is, but you can see I have alot of blackspace between the tire and fender still, and if you lower it, it fills the well and makes the tire look bigger.

8ball
07-29-05, 01:12 PM
I had twenty inch spinners on mine for awhile when I first got it... too small

I got 24"s and it was so much better, they rubbed though it was nothing that a little bit of hammering on the inside of the wheel didn't fix. Now I only just barely rub if I turn it all the way. Used to be horrible I would turn a corner and BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR people would look and be like wtf was that? lol, but you drive it for a day with the rub, and it puts nice polish marks on the inside of the well and then you just hammer it back some. If you put 26"s you have to tie wrap the well back.

Braking... yeah braking with 24"s is HORRIBLE, I would slam the brakes at a red light and be out in the intersection, it was really really bad... I bought some baer brakes, I think they are 4 piston, couldn't afford the 6 piston ones, and the stock escalade comes with 2 piston brakes I think. It was a front and rear brake kit. I had it put on along with some stainless steel lines, and wow what a difference I can brake confidently now, and If I drive somone elses escalade with stock brakes, I can't stand it.

The ride isn't that bad in my opinion, my old 20 inch rims had a rough ride because of the pirelli tires, NICE rubber, but pirelli rubber is tougher, but yeah any bump in the road is gonna be like ouch, you definately don't want to hit them, regardless of wheel size.

Oh and by the way, you probably want to lower it some as well so the wheel tucks up nicely into the well... I couldn't lower mine cause I put a body kit on it, and I scrape as it is, but you can see I have alot of blackspace between the tire and fender still, and if you lower it, it fills the well and makes the tire look bigger.

Cool, another Tampa area member! Did you get your wheels locally or did you get them online? I just got my EXT and looking for some wheels:)

Venom77
07-30-05, 02:16 PM
I got my rims locally, at a goodyear dealership like 2minutes away. the owner has an EXT of his own. I was gonna get TIS 04 rims, but he offered me the 24"s off his truck for 2,800 rubber an all, and I'm like damn, thats not a bad deal for as good as the rims looked, so I did and used the money I saved on other things lol. They also put the DUB and 24" badges on my truck for me when I took it in, and they hammered the rub out for me as well. Good Dealership...

I live a bit north of tampa, a bit farther north of clearwater even... good ol pasco county...

8ball
07-30-05, 06:59 PM
I got my rims locally, at a goodyear dealership like 2minutes away. the owner has an EXT of his own. I was gonna get TIS 04 rims, but he offered me the 24"s off his truck for 2,800 rubber an all, and I'm like damn, thats not a bad deal for as good as the rims looked, so I did and used the money I saved on other things lol. They also put the DUB and 24" badges on my truck for me when I took it in, and they hammered the rub out for me as well. Good Dealership...

I live a bit north of tampa, a bit farther north of clearwater even... good ol pasco county...

Sounds like you got a good deal there with those rims, I think I'm going to go with the 22's for now. I technically live in Pasco too but they call the area I live in New Tampa, I live right off county line road and bruce b downs. Nice color too, I wanted that color but they had a differant blue for '05 so went with black.

Boombotz
07-30-05, 08:01 PM

Venom77,

I live in Port Richey. I know what Goodyear you are talking about. The have great prices there. I almost got my rims there, but he couldn't get them for about 7 days. I couldn't wait that long. BTW your EXT looks awesome. I have seen you around here.