: How hard to Steal Escalade

crusher
07-05-05, 10:18 AM
I sometimes tow my show car and have to stay overnight in a Hotel. I'm always worried that someone who wants the show car and trailer will steal the Escalade with the trailer and car attached. Most times I disconect the trailer and use three different locks on the tongue of the trailer to secure it. So it begs the question on how hard is it to steal?

moose568
07-05-05, 12:01 PM
The Escalade is the most stolen vehicle in America. So it must not be to hard.

crusher
07-05-05, 05:18 PM
I had heard that also. So why is it so easy to steal over other SUV's or cars in general? Not to conforting. I could deal with the lade being stolen as it is easily replaced. But the show car is another issue. I guess I will make it a habit to disconnect the trailer and car from the Lade when staying overnight somewhere. I have a number of security measures on the trailer and the show car. Less likely they will be stolen then the Lade. It's horrable that a high end vehicle is compromised so easily.

slk230mb
07-05-05, 06:48 PM
It's pretty much the same to steal as any of the other GM trucks, but the Escalade's are just more desirable.

RaGzEmCeE
07-05-05, 08:05 PM
it doesnt have too much to with being easier to steal .... its just escalades usually have rims ... and tvs and systems and stuff ...... which is more money for a chop shop

wht2000
07-05-05, 09:02 PM
it doesnt have too much to with being easier to steal .... its just escalades usually have rims ... and tvs and systems and stuff ...... which is more money for a chop shop

That's why mine is stock!!!

eski
07-06-05, 01:32 AM
I had and i say had a 73 chevelle, 350 bored 30 over 400 turbo 538 rear two 750 hollys high 11s car, one night of some street racing came home abit late did not want to roll down the alley with open headers rolled it to the front of the house pulled the battery plug wires and in 3 hours it was bye bye. Never seen it again $10k gone in ablink. My uncle had a stock stingray this bitch was in a garage w/ a alarm on the car and the garage and floor pins to chain the the rims to the floor. These mfs pulled the vet out turned it around threw the chains in the front seat and left a note saying if we want it well take it. So the moral to the story is if they want it they will take it.:gun2:

Boombotz
07-06-05, 05:42 AM
:yeah:

96CADDYDEVILLE
07-06-05, 12:06 PM
My moms friend had a nice late model dodge stealth he used a club on. needless to say it got stolen at the mall and they left the club in the parking spot. lol

eski
07-06-05, 10:26 PM
the club is a joke a bit of freeon and a hammer and the club is just that a club

hal72
07-07-05, 08:54 AM
I have a tracking device hidden in my car. so if my car should get stolen they can track it with a plane. I think that is a good back-up and the insurance gets a lot cheaper.

pimp-cadi-danny
07-09-05, 06:15 AM
even if you have onstar or any gps unless it self activates the thief could have hours on you.i came out of dodger stadium after 2 hours (yes they lost)my lade was gone ...... recovered shortly after in east la stripped of the vitals...