: How to bypass avic n2 emergency brake.

Sta11ion
07-05-05, 09:28 AM
I was wondering if anyone knows how to bypass the emergency brake sensor so I can have all the functions while I drive. I tried to put a constant volt to the wire from the acc in the harness for the radio but no luck. Then I connected it directly to the emergency brake and it worked. I dont get it.

99 SKALAID
07-05-05, 10:02 AM
maybe it looks for a ground signal not a postive one :confused:

dremac2133
07-05-05, 10:29 AM
I heard that the N2 uses the Gyro Sensor to prevent the DVD function from working while the vehicle is in motion and is extremely difficult to bypass. I just went with the N1 to avoid the headache:banghead:

remi_357
07-05-05, 11:16 AM
if its like all the other pioneer tv's put the parking brake wire directly to a ground source

joshuap
07-05-05, 10:53 PM
You need to ground the parking brake wire, which will give you some more functionality while parked (Aka, you don't have to place on the e-brake to input a destination). HOWEVER, it also has a gyro sensor, which will not allow you to input destinations while driving.

Sta11ion
07-06-05, 11:26 AM
I tried it with the ground it works but it goes in mobile mode when I start driving. Sucks

Sta11ion
07-08-05, 02:23 PM
If you put a toggle switch on the speed sensor and disconect the gps antenna from the brain it will work. But it sucks that I have to disconnect the antenna if not it reconizes that you are moving. Oh well its not that big of a biggie just have to reconect the gps antenna when I need it.

spacecookie
07-20-05, 01:38 AM
I heard that the N2 uses the Gyro Sensor to prevent the DVD function from working while the vehicle is in motion and is extremely difficult to bypass. I just went with the N1 to avoid the headache:banghead:

Whatever you do don't update your N1 with the N2 discs yes you will then have an N2 along with it not working like you wish.

And I found this for the N2 users

www.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4253474#post4253474