: Building a sub box

wht02lade
07-04-05, 11:45 PM
Im thinking of making my own sub box for my escalade. I dont want anything crazy just a little more bass. What are some good speakers and amps? Thinking of 2 10's or 12's. How big of an amp would I need? I have the third row seating does anybody of pics of there setups with the third row. Never done this before so any input would be a big help.

jordan00escalade
07-05-05, 12:45 AM
JL audio are great subs. It's best to run a single channel mono amp, combine the max watts of each speaker and (example 2 12's @ 300 max = 800 watts max amp) get an amp with 100-200 watts more power. Being that your rms (watts you can run continuosly) is near half of your max power. But who runs their system on max the whole time anyway? I hope that helps.. Kicker and Rockford Fosgate have some nice amps. I own asingle channel 700 watt mono amp by kicker myself (it tested @ 781) their amps are rated by minimun standards. Which means you can have a 500 watt amp, that puts out 600 watts of power. It's a quality issue with them. Your sizes and deminsions will be posted on the box of the speakers you purchase. Kicker L7's (square speakers) are good too.

wht02lade
07-05-05, 08:40 PM
Thanks alot, you cleared alot of things up for me.