: 2006 Northstar engine problems - Buick Lucerne

djkikwlong
01-30-14, 10:59 AM
I currently own a 2006 Buick Lucerne (Northstar 4.6 L) with the following issues:

Car won't start unless Im holding the accelerator to the floor, if it starts it stumbles terribly and has no power. The RPM wont go past 3000 RPM, vehicle immediately cuts off when foot is off accelerator. I removed the old plugs which were soaked with gas and changed them out. I cant figure out what's going on with this Northstar engine... Please help me somebody

Just noted the stumbling seems as if it backfiring, I can hear popping in the Intake....I also found that 2 exposed wires from the camshaft sensor was touching also......

vincentm
01-30-14, 12:46 PM
Pull the codes, backfire, check for a leaky fpr or torn plenum

Ranger
01-30-14, 09:07 PM
Car won't start unless Im holding the accelerator to the floor, vehicle immediately cuts off when foot is off accelerator.
Clean the TB

Just noted the stumbling seems as if it backfiring, I can hear popping in the Intake....I also found that 2 exposed wires from the camshaft sensor was touching also......
That might be your problem. Fix those wires first and THEN clean the TB. It probably needs it anyway.

maeng9981
01-31-14, 02:32 AM
Car will be very difficult to start with incorrect crankshaft / camshaft position info. It will eventually start but it will run horribly. P0340 might be set. Repair the wires.