: Stability Control Engaged Message on Nav

LUVMYSRX
07-04-05, 01:44 PM
I have a V8 AWD and recently got the message that my "stability control engaged" message on my nav screen. The first time was when I made a u-turn. The second time happened when I was pulling into a parking space. When I took it to the dealer after the first occurrence, he pulled the error codes co244, co550, and u1016. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone out there know what these error codes mean? The dealer could not find a problem and did not even note the problem on the service order. I'm not sure if I should start taking it to another dealer or if the dealer is being honest with me. The problem is extremely random and not repeatable when I am at the dealer. I should also add that the road conditions were on dry asphalt in Southern California and there was no chance that the car lost traction.

strindl
07-04-05, 02:28 PM
I had that happen on my CTS twice as well. Both times, I was in parking lots, going very slowly, but making some sharp turns. By slowly, I'm talking 5 mph here. In each occurance, the stability control wouldn't shut off for a while and even when I was out of the lot, on a straight roadway, the car shuddered and I could feel the brakes pulsating on individual wheels. I just pulled over, shut off the engine and waited a minute, then restarted it and all was well.

Because there was no way I could duplicate the problem at my dealership, I never even mentioned it to them.

john d
07-04-05, 03:19 PM
I have a V8 AWD and recently got the message that my "stability control engaged" message on my nav screen. The first time was when I made a u-turn. The second time happened when I was pulling into a parking space. When I took it to the dealer after the first occurrence, he pulled the error codes co244, co550, and u1016. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone out there know what these error codes mean? The dealer could not find a problem and did not even note the problem on the service order. I'm not sure if I should start taking it to another dealer or if the dealer is being honest with me. The problem is extremely random and not repeatable when I am at the dealer. I should also add that the road conditions were on dry asphalt in Southern California and there was no chance that the car lost traction.

Dealer should explain codes. Here's a web site that may help, Found the co550 and u1016 but not the co244. Looks like malfunctions galore which should be a concern if not fixed. See if the 6 year old down the street knows more than your dealer! Saves time with same result I bet.
http://www.weather.com/activities/other/other/weather/tenday.html?locid=USHI0048&from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

john d
07-04-05, 03:25 PM
Dealer should explain codes. Here's a web site that may help, Found the co550 and u1016 but not the co244. Looks like malfunctions galore which should be a concern if not fixed. See if the 6 year old down the street knows more than your dealer! Saves time with same result I bet.
http://www.weather.com/activities/other/other/weather/tenday.html?locid=USHI0048&from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

Sorry -- here's the correct link with help from the little 6 year old!:littlewes
http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/dtcobd2p.html#pow

lordk
07-18-05, 09:50 PM
I have been experiencing this issue for over a month and am having this looked at by the shop. I can not reproduce the error but it is coming up more frequently. I have had it come on while entering/exiting the freeway, also at slow speeds of 20mph. Is there a way to turn this function off?

LUVMYSRX
07-19-05, 09:27 PM
Have the dealer hook up their thingamagig to the port below your steering column to read the error codes. This is how I got the information in my initial post. I am taking it to another dealer that promises to document the codes for me. I do not think there will be a solution but I wanted Cadillac to be aware of the problem. I was able to speak to a mechanic that is getting his GM cert and he did mention that he remembers hearing about a similar issue with the CTS during one of this training sessions. I would not recommend turning the stability control off for obvious reason.

G32006SRX
09-15-11, 02:01 PM
I just had this happen twice in a week. Both times It was right after i took it out of reverse and put it in drive. Things were buzzin and brakes were pulsating and the Satbility Control Active came on the DIC. I was only doing like 5mph both times. I'll pull the codes tonight...if there are any. Anyone else have experince withthis besides what is in this thread?

G32006SRX
09-15-11, 09:11 PM
I just had this happen twice in a week. Both times It was right after i took it out of reverse and put it in drive. Things were buzzin and brakes were pulsating and the Satbility Control Active came on the DIC. I was only doing like 5mph both times. I'll pull the codes tonight...if there are any. Anyone else have experince withthis besides what is in this thread?

I had no codes show up .

conedoctor
09-16-11, 11:41 AM
It is the steering postion sensor.

Do some research on this site and you will find the info.

johns12
09-17-11, 09:55 PM
Unfortunately, It is not always the steering wheel position sensor. It could be many things, hub, sensor connectors, abs module, 1 of 2 computers, etc. Good luck. I haven't been able to fix mine yet. I did replace the steering wheel position sensor and that wasn't the problem.

G32006SRX
09-20-11, 12:01 PM
Out of the blue my "Service Stabilty Control" warning came on this morning...ugh..

johns12
01-28-12, 10:30 PM
Just wanted to update this thread. I seem to have fixed my "service stability system" problem. I did replace the steering wheel position sensor. This did not fix the problem. I decided to replace the front wheel hubs to get new abs sensors. The original hubs were making no noise and turned smoothly. After replacing the hubs, the service stability system light stayed on for about two days. It then went off and has not returned. It has been about 3 months with no problems. The SRX runs great at this point.

johns12
02-25-12, 01:18 PM
IT'S BACK :ill:

johns12
07-15-12, 05:38 AM
I wanted to update this thread for those with stability control issues. I have fixed my stability control malfunction. After replacing the steering position sensor, three hubs (two of them needed replacing and I was hoping the new speed sensors would remedy the problem), the problem still remained.

I decided to take the car to a Chevy dealer close by for diagnosis. They found a code and said the problem was in the wiring harness on the right front. I ordered a new abs wire harness for $39, spliced it in, plugged it into the wheel bearing sensor and no more problems. The ABS and stability control light is off and the car runs fine. I did the repair about 2 months ago.

So, there are so many things that can cause these stability control problems.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-16-12, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the update, johns12. I'm glad you were able to add the details of your resolution for the community's benefit, and I'm especially glad to hear your SRX is working fine now!

Wishing you many more happy miles,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

vikgrover87
10-04-12, 02:14 AM
i have about 59,000 miles on my 08 SRX4 V6 with a 100,000 Miles/6 Year Luxury Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty (it had 2500 miles when i got it).

about 4 weeks ago I had an alignment done at the dealership. about 2 days after having the alignment done, i started noticing that my stabilitrack light would just randomly start flashing, especially at low speeds. i had noticed this happen going perfectly strait, sometimes when i wasnt even accelerating, i had noticed this midway thru left turns, sometimes there were sligh bumps of imperfections in the road but most of the time its just wehn the road is perfectly smooth and i had never seen this happen in the 3 and a half to 4 years that i have had this car.. a week later i spoke to the dealer, brought it in, couldnt replicate the issue, and basically went home. another week later, i started hearing a roaring sound coming from the rear of the car that got louder the faster the vehicle went. last week i went to the dealer, was told the the right rear hub was bad. on monday 10/1/12 they replaced the hub and re-aligned the wheels. the sound went away but the stabilitrack light still flashes almost every day at low speeds and it is also accompanied by a strong pulsation in the brake pedals. and idea of what this could be? the service staff is the nicest i could possibly as for but they really dont kno what to look for here and its hard to replicate this issue. i have tried having onstar run diagnostics immediately after i noticed it on one occasion, they claimed everything was fine in their end. i really dont want to cause any internal damage and want to resolve this asap. any adivce would be greatly appreciated..

on a side note, ive been noticing much harsher downshifts when slowing down recently. im not sure if im just noticing this more now but i cant remember it ever being this bad. on a level surface, with the brakes applied, when i shift my srx into reverse (from park), is it supposed to make a clunky shutter thru the car? i always remember it being much smoother. and on the downshift topic, sometimes if i have to brake after having just accelerated, the downshift feels so harsh that it almost jerks the whole car forward. im not sure if all this is related but i am starting to worry

glake89
10-04-12, 10:42 AM
Guessing here but sounds like another hub getting ready to go. As to the harsh downshifting, that is caused by the stability warning. I'm surprised you have no DTCs . That should still do it when at the dealer. Make an appointment.