: Floor Mat Issue

gjnockie
07-04-05, 08:33 AM
Has anyone else experienced the drivers floor mat curling up right in front of the gas pedal? Mine car is an 05 V-6 2wd.

Mine has been doing it since day 1, I smooth out the mat and within 2 days there is a big hump again in the mat. I mentioned it to the dealer service writer and he said he had never heard anything about this before.

I have owned a lot of cars and have never run into this before.

It's scary because I am afraid it could cause the gas pedal to stick!

john d
07-04-05, 11:58 AM
Your service represenitive must live in a cave and never came out until you arrived on their door step. My service department GAVE me mat color matched plastic retainers that screw into the carpet near the seat and have a post type hook that when placed through a hole you pierce in the mat (about an inch from the mat's rear edge) that holds the mats in place. They had a drawer FULL of them in various colors, it's a long standing problem. I caution you to take ANY answer that service person gives you as pure fiction or uninformed ignorance or apathy as you work through the problems you'll find during your ownership. You would have saved your self a trip to the dealer and saved your self time by asking that 6 year old down the street about your mats ... may even have gotten a more sympathic annswer. Perhaps what's even more disturbing is the service advisor didn't ask anyoue in the dealership or the Cadillas Tehnical Assistance Center (TAC) but brushed you off with "never heard of that before". Keep coming back here with your issues..there's a bunch of knowledgeable owners here who love to help each other.

gjnockie
07-04-05, 05:12 PM
John:

Thank you for the valuable info! I really appreciate you taking the time to reply.

The dealer is picking up my car tomorrow A.M. to try and fix my issues for the 2nd time.

My car has several other problems including a creaking console, a drivers seat that hits the console, and sunroof or passenger door noise (can't tell which).

My car is an 03/05 build. The car has no other problems except for the "creaks and squeaks". It's just a shame that a car that costs 50K has these annoying issues.

All of the noises are just driving me crazy!

syrob@MSN.COM
07-04-05, 05:57 PM
My car has several other problems including a creaking console...My car is an 03/05 build. The car has no other problems except for the "creaks and squeaks". It's just a shame that a car that costs 50K has these annoying issues.

All of the noises are just driving me crazy!
Same here, I am at the point of taking the dash apart myself !! If you make any headway on the creaks let me know. They are driving me nuts..

SYROB