http://bilder.autobild.de/bilder/1/41471.jpg

http://bilder.autobild.de/bilder/1/41470.jpg

http://127.0.0.1:4026/pb.cgi?idx=39&php=31623448

caddy_enthusiast42
11-21-03, 08:26 PM
wow. incredible.

scourge
11-21-03, 09:34 PM
Interior still looks cheap. Come on Caddy! Want to play with the big boys, you're going to have to do better.

rueben44
11-28-03, 06:54 PM
How does that interior look cheap?

Elvis
11-28-03, 11:29 PM
It's the door armrest. Not functional at all.

rueben44
11-29-03, 01:13 PM

I guess everyone has there own opinion but I see nothing wrong with that interior. I would be ever so happy to trade in my CTS and go for a nice cruiser like that.

caddy_enthusiast42
11-29-03, 10:14 PM
id take that over a new BMW 530i, or maybe over an E500 for that matter. American cars r coming bak!! RWD, big HP, I like it!!!!

BeelzeBob
12-03-03, 12:02 AM
That's not looking to bad to me. It's not exactly warm and cozy (Lexus) the way I like - but it's not bad...

BUILDINGCTSAMG
12-03-03, 02:00 AM
Dont like the cheezy wood.....otherwise nice

rueben44
12-03-03, 12:07 PM
Dont like the cheezy wood.....otherwise nice

Cheesy Wood!!! That is pure eucalyptus wood and it is gorgeous! Show me some wood in a BMW or Benz that looks better. Maybe you don't like it's layout that is subjective but the wood itself is perfect.

AirJigga25
12-04-03, 04:37 PM
Cheesy Wood!!! That is pure eucalyptus wood and it is gorgeous! Show me some wood in a BMW or Benz that looks better. Maybe you don't like it's layout that is subjective but the wood itself is perfect.
It's smart that they did a simple dual exhaust system...and I think the interior is cool but the jury is still out.

kobiashi
12-05-03, 04:26 AM
How does that interior look cheap?

Compared to this....http://www.lexus.com/assets/models/gallery/photos/main_assets/ls/interior/L43-127.jpg

It looks cheap.

kobiashi
12-05-03, 04:52 AM
I posted the above pic of an LS430 incase this one doesn't turn out clearly...

This is a pic of the interior of my car.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid91/p4852f5a5ec6416fbc1069f46d4346124/fa612baf.jpg

Now you may be wondering, why does some schmuck Lexus owner belong to a Cadillac board?

Well, I'm interested in Cadillac. Each year I keep praying they will pull their heads out of their a$$e$ and start building good cars again.

I am just the kind of car buyer that Cadillac craves and needs. I am the owner of a foreign luxomobile who refuses to buy American because the quality is not up to par.

I would love to buy American, and when the CTS came out, Cadillac really caught my eye...I thought...wow, they are finally getting their act together...

That is...until I sat in one. As nice as the exterior is, the interior was GM Cheap all the way. Granted, it was an improvement, but it is still substandard compared to Lexus.

So for a couple years now I have been waiting for the STS...hoping beyond hope that Caddy would finally do it right.

I like the exterior...but if the shot at the head of this thread is what the interior of the new STS will be like....then Cadillac misses the mark again. It looks like the usual GM cheap plastic and cheap leather, and poorly done at that.

I really hope that the above pic of the STS interior is just an early prototype and that the final product is more refined, otherwise Cadillac will still be dreaming about converting customers like myself into becoming American car buyers.

Which is sad, becasue I really want them to hit a home run....

Brett
12-05-03, 10:04 AM
Kobiashi, nice car. looks like my interior, different wood i think. I researched alot of cars before i bought my LS, and unfortunately cadillac just didnt have anything to compare to the LS.

I'll be eager to see the STS interior in Black. There will be 2 wood options and 1 brushed aluminum option for the interior, so there may be a really sweet looking combination available someway.

kcnewell
12-05-03, 10:59 AM
I'll take the Cadillac.....The Lexus isn't all that!

Brett
12-05-03, 11:21 AM
Sorry KC, I understand your feelings. But I think even Cadillac would admit that currently they cant compete with the LS. Keep in mind my LS was 64k, so there is no real apples to apples car that Cadillac has to compare it too. Hopefully, that will change in the next few years, at which point Ill happily return to Cadillac. The possible STS-V would be perfect :)

03EscaladeAWD
12-06-03, 12:33 AM
I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I must be in a different galaxy, but that looks like the best American made interior ever thought up. I really don't see any cheap plastics. THAT WOODS LOOKS PRETTY EXPENSIVE TO ME!!! and call me biased, but I like that interior better than the LS. Man, I expected better responses. The only thing remotely cheap to me is the bottom of the doors.

airbalancer
12-06-03, 10:18 AM
I guess we can be thankfully we have many choices to pick from than just one car.
I really like the look of the CTS until I sat in one and found it to small of a feel for me.
The really test will be when we get to sit in one
And with amout of coats of finish they on the ood it is getting hard to tell the difference between really woodand the print stuff

Vesicant
12-06-03, 11:41 AM
*Me* would take a Lexus LS430 over a caddy anyday, they have rear seat massagers!!! I think all cars should have them... both in rear and in front.
:shhh: :halo:

AirJigga25
12-06-03, 03:49 PM
I don't think the interior of the Caddy looks cheap at all. However, if the interior of that car was black it would look a lot better. Here's a basic prinicple...light wood grain looks better with light colored interior and dark wood grain looks better with dark colored interior.

The lexus' interior design is much more organic while the Caddy's is much more boxy, big, has more straight lines. I guess one could conclude that the Caddy interior is less "refined" than the lexus. I would like to see Caddy take some major steps to redesign their interiors to a new look. It is clear to me that the interior design of many foreign cars are more refined than that Caddy we are seeing...I want a major overhall, not slight changes.

RES
12-07-03, 01:50 AM
I happen to think the interior looks great so far....also lets be honest all you
guys who've already bashed it. At least wait to you see the finished product. GEEZE (settle down) :shhh:

kcnewell
12-07-03, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by 03EscaladeAWD .... "I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I must be in a different galaxy, but that looks like the best American made interior ever thought up. I really don't see any cheap plastics. THAT WOODS LOOKS PRETTY EXPENSIVE TO ME!!! and call me biased, but I like that interior better than the LS. Man, I expected better responses. The only thing remotely cheap to me is the bottom of the doors."

Originally posted by RES...
I happen to think the interior looks great so far....also lets be honest all you
guys who've already bashed it. At least wait to you see the finished product. GEEZE (settle down)

I agree....

I'd rather have a Cadillac......If you guys like the imports, Cool. But I think the Cadillac interior looks every bit as nice without the embarassment of driving rice.

kcnewell
12-07-03, 05:06 PM
Compared to this....http://www.lexus.com/assets/models/gallery/photos/main_assets/ls/interior/L43-127.jpg

It looks cheap.

Compared to that it looks.........Not all that different! And not at all cheap!

Brett
12-07-03, 06:34 PM
I didnt read through all the posts over again, but let me state I like the STS interior. I don't know that I said mine was better or not. But im not saying it is. Im saying my car overall is better FOR ME than what Cadillac currently offers. KC I know your a big guy as well, and the interior of the LS 430 is HUGE compared to the current Seville. That was the main selling point to me. The only thing i find quirky about the STS is the dual CD slots. If one is for the DVD-Nav, its useless as you may change DVD's once every 2-3 years, or maybe never.......

rueben44
12-08-03, 01:21 AM
I didnt read through all the posts over again, but let me state I like the STS interior. I don't know that I said mine was better or not. But im not saying it is. Im saying my car overall is better FOR ME than what Cadillac currently offers. KC I know your a big guy as well, and the interior of the LS 430 is HUGE compared to the current Seville. That was the main selling point to me. The only thing i find quirky about the STS is the dual CD slots. If one is for the DVD-Nav, its useless as you may change DVD's once every 2-3 years, or maybe never.......

NO you must remember that in the STS you can watch DVD movies. I don't understand why two also but it does not eat way at me in my sleep. The XLR makes it with one slot and it plays DVD's also so we will have to wait and see what it is all about. Why hate it before you understand there logic and reasoning. I like the interior!

Plus Cadillac uses naunce leather but now will be offering tuscany leather like in the XLR. This is not cheap leather! Cadillac's are now drivers cars and will not be plushy like a Lexus they are now more agressive like a BMW. Buick is going to be GM's Lexus fighter. Before you laugh to loud I will tell you they have some things in the works and they look very plush and more organic the way a Lexus buyer might like.
Things the 50K STS will have:

4 wheel drive
keyless entry
keyless start
Heat and cooled seat
cruise control (with sensors to automatically adjust speed)
heads up display

Justa few interesting thing for the 05 STS that is almost 20K cheaper than a Lexus LS430! Cadillac had not released it's car for that class yet, which is coming!!!

kcnewell
12-08-03, 08:17 PM
. KC I know your a big guy as well, and the interior of the LS 430 is HUGE compared to the current Seville.

I respect that Brett....But alas, I would never even consider the Lexus because of the company it's made by. I only buy American cars. Am I a protectionist? Probably so.....But that's the way it is.

bcs296
12-09-03, 07:28 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~brian_smith/414712.jpg
The interior looks nice, but the highlighted areas above appear cheap to me. Why should the console and door be made up of 5 different pieces slapped together? The result is a "cheap" look, and years down the road when those pieces start coming apart, you have a mess. Even the '96+ Sevilles have a more integrated console than this. The armrest on the door looks like it could be yanked off if you pulled on the handle.

Brett
12-09-03, 08:39 PM
WHile I dont disagree with you. To be fair final judgement should be reserved for the final product, as these are no doubt pre-production

bcs296
12-09-03, 11:32 PM
That is true. Hopefully some of those issues get cleaned up for production.

RES
12-10-03, 12:07 AM
http://home.comcast.net/~brian_smith/414712.jpg
The interior looks nice, but the highlighted areas above appear cheap to me. Why should the console and door be made up of 5 different pieces slapped together? The result is a "cheap" look, and years down the road when those pieces start coming apart, you have a mess. Even the '96+ Sevilles have a more integrated console than this. The armrest on the door looks like it could be yanked off if you pulled on the handle.

Like i said on my post before...lets not judge the product before its finished, I mean have a little faith, I can tell by the angst in your writing, you act as though there sending them out to the dealers that way. Wait to see the end result then its fair game on the reveiws :shhh:

RES
12-10-03, 02:35 AM
NO you must remember that in the STS you can watch DVD movies. I don't understand why two also but it does not eat way at me in my sleep. The XLR makes it with one slot and it plays DVD's also so we will have to wait and see what it is all about. Why hate it before you understand there logic and reasoning. I like the interior!

Plus Cadillac uses naunce leather but now will be offering tuscany leather like in the XLR. This is not cheap leather! Cadillac's are now drivers cars and will not be plushy like a Lexus they are now more agressive like a BMW. Buick is going to be GM's Lexus fighter. Before you laugh to loud I will tell you they have some things in the works and they look very plush and more organic the way a Lexus buyer might like.
Things the 50K STS will have:

4 wheel drive
keyless entry
keyless start
Heat and cooled seat
cruise control (with sensors to automatically adjust speed)
heads up display

Justa few interesting thing for the 05 STS that is almost 20K cheaper than a Lexus LS430! Cadillac had not released it's car for that class yet, which is coming!!!

I noticed that you guys were going back in forth about the two cd slots in the 2005 interior of STS, from what i know, one is used for the nav/system soly...and the other for audio cds and maybe dvd. The reason i bring this up is because many people were complaining about the single cd slot working both nav/audio system, the catch is you can not play your audio cds when you have a navagation cd in use (its a "one or the other" deal) so thats why you will see two slot sytems in some cars.

CharlieLo
12-20-03, 07:14 PM
You know its funny that you should tell us how much your car cost. I drive a 98 STS. Decided this summer that it was time to replace it... Went to the Local Lexus dealer. They were really nice folk's. Designer coffee, Dockers and topsiders. Not knowing anything about Lexus, the salesmen took me down the line of automobiles. I got to see, (and hear) all the ABC's of the line. Lets drive emí these cars a beautiful, sexy, and with painted wheels they were really expensive. Lets cut to the point; I decided to wait for the new STS. With all the nice wood, and tucked leather in the Lexus, they forget to make the seat's fit Americans. My knees wouldn't fit between the council and the steering wheel, and the seats are too short. AND my old STS with 98K on the clock blows the doors of those Toyota look-a-likes. $64K for a car with little seats and soft acceleration, no way...I'm laughing all the way to the Caddy store.

Sorry KC, I understand your feelings. But I think even Cadillac would admit that currently they cant compete with the LS. Keep in mind my LS was 64k, so there is no real apples to apples car that Cadillac has to compare it too. Hopefully, that will change in the next few years, at which point Ill happily return to Cadillac. The possible STS-V would be perfect :)

Brett
12-20-03, 10:07 PM
Strange, people on this board can attest to the fact that im almost seven feet tall and weigh over 300 lbs. And I can tell you that no way does the current Seville have the room of my LS. I can also tell you that no other Lexus has that kind of room, in fact all the other sedans are quite small. Maybe you didnt sit in the LS or maybe the salesperson didnt adjust the seat correctly, but i can assure you the LS is plenty big on the inside. I might have gone with the new STS as well, but my lease was up and i didnt have the choice of waiting. As far as the seats being too short, your damn right, thats why on the LS the seat bottom(part you sit on) can adjust forward 6 inches, which gives people with long legs more support. Other Lexus dont have this adjusment, and those seats are not comfortable. If you dont get my drift, im not a real fan of Lexus, but I am a huge fan of the LS 430

And the 04 LS 430 has tested in the range of 5.9-6.2 for 0-60. so that would negate it getting its doors blown off by any current STS or DTS.

Sorry man, Lexus may suck overall, but the LS tops everything Cadillac has, albeit for more money, which was my original point.

CharlieLo
12-22-03, 12:12 PM
No doubt I misunderstood your comment. And I apologize for that; I remember driving the LS and the salesmen telling me about the seat... I've always been afraid of too many gadgets and one more on for the seat turned me off...(more stuff to break)

And I must admit at 300 lbs and 7 feet you ARE the expert!

Happy Holidays

Playdrv4me
01-01-04, 03:51 PM
I posted the above pic of an LS430 incase this one doesn't turn out clearly...

This is a pic of the interior of my car.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid91/p4852f5a5ec6416fbc1069f46d4346124/fa612baf.jpg

Now you may be wondering, why does some schmuck Lexus owner belong to a Cadillac board?

Well, I'm interested in Cadillac. Each year I keep praying they will pull their heads out of their a$$e$ and start building good cars again.

I am just the kind of car buyer that Cadillac craves and needs. I am the owner of a foreign luxomobile who refuses to buy American because the quality is not up to par.

I would love to buy American, and when the CTS came out, Cadillac really caught my eye...I thought...wow, they are finally getting their act together...

That is...until I sat in one. As nice as the exterior is, the interior was GM Cheap all the way. Granted, it was an improvement, but it is still substandard compared to Lexus.

So for a couple years now I have been waiting for the STS...hoping beyond hope that Caddy would finally do it right.

I like the exterior...but if the shot at the head of this thread is what the interior of the new STS will be like....then Cadillac misses the mark again. It looks like the usual GM cheap plastic and cheap leather, and poorly done at that.

I really hope that the above pic of the STS interior is just an early prototype and that the final product is more refined, otherwise Cadillac will still be dreaming about converting customers like myself into becoming American car buyers.

Which is sad, becasue I really want them to hit a home run....

Amen brother... My feelings exactly.

Heres a car thats supposed to be on its level, and in my opinion, Cad still far from close: 2004 E500:
http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//pictures/VEHICLE/2003/Mercedes-Benz/100173989/025945-E.jpg

And im not just blowing smoke out my ass either. A few things I can name specifically.
- The little rippled leather shifter boot
- Rippled leather on the doors
- High quality seat materials
- Beautiful Gauge cluster
- Color LCD for the RADIO and separate EL Flourescent Climate display
- THE FLOW OF MATERIALS WITHOUT BOXED SEAMS!
The Cad does have much nicer Air Vent layouts though.
and so on and so forth...

I wont show the Black Mercedes interior so as not to stop any hearts here :p

Keep in mind, this is the E CLASS, NOT the flagship S or SL Class!

Smokey
01-01-04, 05:23 PM

Man, that is a tight looking space there. :( Not sure I could stand driving that for a long trip. I have to have room to spread out! :)

Playdrv4me
01-02-04, 05:45 AM

Man, that is a tight looking space there. :( Not sure I could stand driving that for a long trip. I have to have room to spread out! :)

LOL, ok youre right there. One of my favorite things about Cadillacs large cars is the sheer amount of interior space. Although headroom in my STS was very little.

Brett
01-02-04, 09:43 AM
the E is very tight in width and headroom, but the seat goes back all the way, basically turning it into a 3-seater, that coupled with a deep footwell, gives the driver a ridiculous amount of legroom. if your ever in one, put the seat back, it is strange

Playdrv4me
01-02-04, 11:04 AM
the E is very tight in width and headroom, but the seat goes back all the way, basically turning it into a 3-seater, that coupled with a deep footwell, gives the driver a ridiculous amount of legroom. if your ever in one, put the seat back, it is strange

Yea and I agree with you about the LS class, it is the only LS with real room. Almost too much in fact, I now sort of remember sitting in a couple and there did seem to be cavernous amounts of room. Also, the LS is probably the only vehicle that remotely interests me Lexus-wise, all the rest are pretty cookie cutter or ricey. I think at this point the only exception would be the LX470 which has similar amounts of space, but whose Toyota counterpart offers much the same features for alot less money. And whats with that new ES330, what were they thinking!! The SC is also a disappointment compared to the XLR and the SL class Mercedes. The only other exception is the GS which has worn its age as well as the current STS, but is due for its own makeover soon, which hopefully improves rather than destroys it. Those are pretty much the only two from that continent for me. Once Cadillac gets it act together Infiniti wont even have a chance so I wont even bother mentioning their stuff.

gothicaleigh
01-02-04, 07:02 PM
On the 2 CD slots...
It's the same setup I have in my CTS. The top slot is a DVD-ROM drive. It plays the navigation disc or DVD movies in Park. The bottom slot is a 6 disc in dash CD player. Could they have done it with a single slot? Possibly, but that brings up all kinds of engineering complications like how it would read the nav. DVD and play CD music at the same time. It could be done, but not really worth the extra engineering when 2 slots provide such a simple solution. Plus, it looks very attractive to a tech/gadget geek like me. ;)

I agree that there are too many seams in the STS cabin and hope they iron most of them out before production. As for the design, there are a few things that bother me about it, but I'll wait and see how it turns out...

1catty
01-02-04, 07:10 PM
Cadillac is back on the map and turning heads at BMW, Mercedes, Lexus and Infiniti all while scoring direct hits along the way. The new STS looks like it will be another home run for the wreath and crest division. The Escalade lit the torch and passed it to the CTS and upcoming CTS-V which surpassed it‘s goal of attracting younger affluent import buyers. The current STS has won numerous industry awards for its’ graceful less cluttered interior vs. cars like the Lexus Ls430 with to many hidden compartments and to many buttons to push to accomplish one simple goal .The STS has been arguably the best front wheel drive V8 on the planet accomplished by the highly acclaimed North star engine, mated to the high tech chassis which boost air ride, stability control, all speed traction control ,smart transmission ,road sensing suspension and so on, in addition to being one of the most technologically advanced cars on the road today. As the owners of a 2003 STS and my wife a 2002 LS430 we both enjoy the STS much more it is a more well rounded user friendly American jewel. It is very clear that the STS out handles ,outperforms ,and just plan out shines the LS430 in just about every way .Lexus claim of being superior to American luxury champs caddy and Lincoln and it’s Japanese rival Infiniti clearly needs to do it’s home work, Lexus does have great fit and finish but that not what I need when I merging in traffic I need pure raw American get up and go and the caddy delivers Lexus sales are on top but most of there buyer trade in within a year or so. The LS 430 odd ,boring ,pretty much the same body style since it’s introduction looks sedated. The 2005 STS is set to rock the industry with helped from BMW do in part to the public’s extreme dislike of the ugly 2005 5 series . In closing the 05 STS interior is a beauty , many import buyer dislike Cadillac because they know if given a better parts bin and more bob Lutz’s designers around Cadillac can eat them alive and rain supreme once again as the standard of the world and each day the company is climbing back to the top until then critics (import lovers) point out every little thing to make the imports seem superior when in fact caddy ranks high in the luxury brand and customer satisfaction. I can not wait until the new STS arrives so we can trade in my wife’s perfect (ha ha ha) LS 430 .From the looks of the pictures I see nothing cheap the interior looks great and the new chassis should sizzle in addition to even more technology there will never be a perfect car it’s not possible because we all have different requirements.:sneaky: :)

kcnewell
01-02-04, 07:20 PM
Cadillac is back on the map and turning heads at BMW, Mercedes, Lexus and Infiniti all while scoring direct hits along the way. The new STS looks like it will be another home run for the wreath and crest division. The Escalade lit the torch and passed it to the CTS and upcoming CTS-V which surpassed itĎs goal of attracting younger affluent import buyers. The current STS has won numerous industry awards for itsí graceful less cluttered interior vs. cars like the Lexus Ls430 with to many hidden compartments and to many buttons to push to accomplish one simple goal .The STS has been arguably the best front wheel drive V8 on the planet accomplished by the highly acclaimed North star engine, mated to the high tech chassis which boost air ride, stability control, all speed traction control ,smart transmission ,road sensing suspension and so on, in addition to being one of the most technologically advanced cars on the road today. As the owners of a 2003 STS and my wife a 2002 LS430 we both enjoy the STS much more it is a more well rounded user friendly American jewel. It is very clear that the STS out handles ,outperforms ,and just plan out shines the LS430 in just about every way .Lexus claim of being superior to American luxury champs caddy and Lincoln and itís Japanese rival Infiniti clearly needs to do itís home work, Lexus does have great fit and finish but that not what I need when I merging in traffic I need pure raw American get up and go and the caddy delivers Lexus sales are on top but most of there buyer trade in within a year or so. The LS 430 odd ,boring ,pretty much the same body style since itís introduction looks sedated. The 2005 STS is set to rock the industry with helped from BMW do in part to the publicís extreme dislike of the ugly 2005 5 series . In closing the 05 STS interior is a beauty , many import buyer dislike Cadillac because they know if given a better parts bin and more bob Lutzís designers around Cadillac can eat them alive and rain supreme once again as the standard of the world and each day the company is climbing back to the top until then critics (import lovers) point out every little thing to make the imports seem superior when in fact caddy ranks high in the luxury brand and customer satisfaction. I can not wait until the new STS arrives so we can trade in my wifeís perfect (ha ha ha) LS 430 .From the looks of the pictures I see nothing cheap the interior looks great and the new chassis should sizzle in addition to even more technology there will never be a perfect car itís not possible because we all have different requirements.:sneaky: :)

I could not have said it better.....I totally agree.

Brett
01-02-04, 07:34 PM
Welcome to the forum and great first post 1catty. I pretty much agree with you. I think the new STS will be a huge hit, My main concern is the interior room. I hope I fit. Id love to get an STS-V in 18 months or so. I bought the LS mainly for the interior room, and i liked the look of the restyled '04.

Brett
01-02-04, 07:36 PM
On the 2 CD slots...
It's the same setup I have in my CTS. The top slot is a DVD-ROM drive.

Correct me if im wrong, but isnt the second slot on your CTS hidden behind the Nav screen? I just dont see the reason to have the DVD slot, which will so seldom be used take up space, i much prefer it the way it is(i think) in your car.

rodnice
01-07-04, 02:25 PM
Cadillac is back on the map and turning heads at BMW, Mercedes, Lexus and Infiniti all while scoring direct hits along the way. The new STS looks like it will be another home run for the wreath and crest division. The Escalade lit the torch and passed it to the CTS and upcoming CTS-V which surpassed itĎs goal of attracting younger affluent import buyers. The current STS has won numerous industry awards for itsí graceful less cluttered interior vs. cars like the Lexus Ls430 with to many hidden compartments and to many buttons to push to accomplish one simple goal .The STS has been arguably the best front wheel drive V8 on the planet accomplished by the highly acclaimed North star engine, mated to the high tech chassis which boost air ride, stability control, all speed traction control ,smart transmission ,road sensing suspension and so on, in addition to being one of the most technologically advanced cars on the road today. As the owners of a 2003 STS and my wife a 2002 LS430 we both enjoy the STS much more it is a more well rounded user friendly American jewel. It is very clear that the STS out handles ,outperforms ,and just plan out shines the LS430 in just about every way .Lexus claim of being superior to American luxury champs caddy and Lincoln and itís Japanese rival Infiniti clearly needs to do itís home work, Lexus does have great fit and finish but that not what I need when I merging in traffic I need pure raw American get up and go and the caddy delivers Lexus sales are on top but most of there buyer trade in within a year or so. The LS 430 odd ,boring ,pretty much the same body style since itís introduction looks sedated. The 2005 STS is set to rock the industry with helped from BMW do in part to the publicís extreme dislike of the ugly 2005 5 series . In closing the 05 STS interior is a beauty , many import buyer dislike Cadillac because they know if given a better parts bin and more bob Lutzís designers around Cadillac can eat them alive and rain supreme once again as the standard of the world and each day the company is climbing back to the top until then critics (import lovers) point out every little thing to make the imports seem superior when in fact caddy ranks high in the luxury brand and customer satisfaction. I can not wait until the new STS arrives so we can trade in my wifeís perfect (ha ha ha) LS 430 .From the looks of the pictures I see nothing cheap the interior looks great and the new chassis should sizzle in addition to even more technology there will never be a perfect car itís not possible because we all have different requirements.:sneaky: :)

I was able to sit in the 2005 STS. The interior didn't seem to be cheap in my opinion either.

rodnice
01-07-04, 02:29 PM
I have seen the interior of the STS and actually sat in the car. Interior is a lot better than the past models. Doesn't seem cheap at all.

rueben44
01-07-04, 03:50 PM
I have seen the interior of the STS and actually sat in the car. Interior is a lot better than the past models. Doesn't seem cheap at all.

You lucky bastard how? When? Where?

rodnice
01-07-04, 05:02 PM
You lucky bastard how? When? Where?

I work for a supplier. We have like three of them in the Auto Shop. Ive been that close to it since the summer, and just peeked in one yesterday. I also rode in the CTSv. and checked out the Chrysler 300c. Think of the STS as a larger version of the CTS with a few changes. The 300c is a sharp car also. The interior looks pretty good. I just can't drive another Chrysler though.

GERMEEZY1
01-13-04, 01:40 PM
I myself do not care what the light color interior looks like I am waiting to I can see the production ready dark interior. And I like the Lexus but I was looking for something with alot of visual (eyecandy). I can tell you out of all my friends who even one of them has a LS430(really nice car) the only person that gets comparable attention to my DTS on 20's is my brothers XK8 convertible on 21 inch rims. I have people wherever I go giving me thumbs up and saying nice car! I think the STS will be a nice car to fill the void left by BMW who flat dropped the ball on the new 5 series not only is it not as good looking as the old one but in my opinion the interior is worse. Caddy should be sending them a check and a thank you note. Also who are we kidding comparing the LS430 to the STS it is a completely different class of car. All of the car in that class have awesome interiors the Sclass the 7 series and the Q45 and the A8 Audi. And Caddy has won half the battle by making cars that are desirable again. Because lets face it the feel good car is the S class MB not the Lexus that is the safe boring choice and even Lexus know they have to work on exterior styling and being more expressive.

caddygirl1
01-21-04, 12:24 PM

It looks cheap.
To me, those Lexus seats look like crap. What's with all the wrinkles? That's not shearing, those are just poor quality. Luxury seats should be smooth, not wrinkled. I wouldn't buy one just based on the appearance of these seats.

kokomo61
01-22-04, 04:26 PM
http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=carnews&loc_code=index&content_code=08004943

bharner
01-22-04, 06:51 PM
y. y they gonna do that to the beautiful sts. now its gonna be a cts on steroids. boooooooooo!!!!!. and yes it is a bit cheesy and cheap lookin on the inside like the cts is. 98-03 had the right idea. they should have just kept the same body and interior just changed the mechanics like rear wheel drive is an excelent idea. maybe lighten up the 4500lb monster about a g. just my opinion.

Playdrv4me
01-22-04, 09:57 PM
To me, those Lexus seats look like crap. What's with all the wrinkles? That's not shearing, those are just poor quality. Luxury seats should be smooth, not wrinkled. I wouldn't buy one just based on the appearance of these seats.

what

nas_fan
01-23-04, 06:56 AM
Here's a nice pic of the 2005 STS.:tongue2: It's also made in Germany.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=6770

gothicaleigh
01-23-04, 12:59 PM
It's made at the same Lansing Grand River plant (in Michigan)that builds the CTS and SRX.
It was tested in Germany at the Nurburgring. Is that what you meant?

Caddyspackedwithakegnback
01-24-04, 12:40 AM
My wife and I were definitely considering the '05 STS for our next car when our lease is up in June on our current STS but with the soft edges in the picture, I think we may take a pass. Cadillac, if we wanted a CTS we would have bought one. Now you try to give us a larger CTS, no thanks...that is from a die hard Cadillac driver. I am 32 and my wife is 29. The '05 STS does not appeal to us.

hapyctser
01-26-04, 09:54 PM

Please explain what a "functional armrest does". Unless Im mistaken it looks like my arm would rest on it just fine...ergo: functional. Also window, mirror and door lock controls are located there as well. I think the interior is exceptionally clean and more than competitive in its segment.

jonrodman
02-04-04, 10:57 PM
That does not look at all cheap! I think it looks great. That looks comfortable, functional, exciting, and really well thought out and classy. The only problem I see is that it is not parked in my driveway yet.

Jon
96STS

msheri01
02-18-04, 12:59 AM
The possible STS-V is already undergoing engineering evaluation at Delphi, car is still in camo and only has the suspension and Brembo brakes, they are not allowing the powertrain out yet.

GEndo
02-18-04, 09:04 PM
Just got back from seeing the first CTS-V at a Minnesota dealership. Talked to the salesguy about future caddy -V projects. Regarding the STS, they want to put factory twin turbos on the Northstar but are waiting for the 500 Hp Vette to debut. Seems like the Chevy camp has the upper hand in the horsepower wars.

Vesicant
02-18-04, 10:05 PM
Just got back from seeing the first CTS-V at a Minnesota dealership. Talked to the salesguy about future caddy -V projects. Regarding the STS, they want to put factory twin turbos on the Northstar but are waiting for the 500 Hp Vette to debut. Seems like the Chevy camp has the upper hand in the horsepower wars.

Can we trust the dealer salesman? I mean, that sounds a little extreme for General Motors' doings. Maybe a supercharger but twin turbos and American V8 dont go together in GM terms (for even mass production V series).

As for the interior, any GM brand has always had problems like what people seem to think the STS is facing. Meaning, having too many lines, non-smooth and cheap materials.

gteach26
03-14-04, 10:28 PM
I am a new member of this forum and happy to be here. Frankly, I have never been a fan of Caddillac -- especially caddy interiors. After seeing this pic of the STS interior though, I am well on my way to becoming a caddy convert. My personal standard for a lux car has been the Lexus LS430, and it looks like the STS will be giving Lexus a run for the money -- YES!!! I'll be shopping for a new car in January, and the STS will be on the TOP of my list.... c'mon caddy.. make me a convert!!

I find it hard to believe that I am excited about the Cadillac brand -- but I am! Any clue on pricing for the sts -- 40-55K range or more?? Thanks!

gothicaleigh
03-15-04, 12:35 AM
Someone on another forum said that they found these 'somewhere'. The rightside pic is obviously a photoshop job, but it looks to have believeable dimensions. I would bet that it is fairly accurate and the first shot that gives an idea of what the rear may look like.

http://gothicaleigh.5u.com/images/stsside.jpg

diamond in the back
03-15-04, 09:49 PM
I seen that pic on another wedsite awhile ago and tried to post it here last week but it said it was too long. If you look at that pic and the official pic from caddy it seems to be the exact same car.