: Who has pulled all the emblems off?

xp3nd4bl3
07-04-05, 12:05 AM
Has anybody here pulled all their emblems off? What's the scoop with the Cadillac emblem in the back. Does it just come off, along with the little plate-thingy around it? Will I need to repaint the hatch after removing it? Any help would be great.

The reason I ask is because I'm going to de-badge the whole thing. Billet grille, no emblem, no badges, etc. I may add some chrome "6.0" badges off the 2005 GTO, but I haven't decided yet. I know most of you say leave the badges on and be proud of your lade, but I didn't buy it for status, I bought it because it looks damn good and does a great job towing the race cars.

Thanks in advance!

blingblingcv
07-04-05, 01:21 AM
i pulled my dealership emblem off, all i did was twist it back and forth

fast66
07-04-05, 02:14 AM
u can use floss and a hair dryer

RaGzEmCeE
07-04-05, 05:46 AM
the whole plate in the back comes off ..... you wont have to repaint or nething but i personally wouldnt do it ... unless u wanna shave the button thats right there

xp3nd4bl3
07-04-05, 12:50 PM
Yeah, I was thinking of shaving the button, I've never used it. Thanks for the input!

liftdlegend
07-04-05, 01:05 PM
I wanted to take the badges off of my truck and you will have 4 holes 2 for th crest and 2 for the center badge. I just put it back on for now. but removed all of the other escalade writting. just warm up the badge with a hair dryer and peel it back with some floss, if you warm up the double sided tape and the door enough you should'nt have any residue, but if you do then take a little wd40 and remove what ever thin layer of tape you have left and polish it out with some polish and it'll come out nice.

99escalademan
07-04-05, 02:19 PM
If anybody has a 2002
+ front grille emblem in good condition, I may want to add it to my grille.

RaGzEmCeE
07-04-05, 04:13 PM
I wanted to take the badges off of my truck and you will have 4 holes 2 for th crest and 2 for the center badge. I just put it back on for now. but removed all of the other escalade writting. just warm up the badge with a hair dryer and peel it back with some floss, if you warm up the double sided tape and the door enough you should'nt have any residue, but if you do then take a little wd40 and remove what ever thin layer of tape you have left and polish it out with some polish and it'll come out nice.

the front will have to holes ... thats if you still have the stock grill ... if you changed your grill its no problems ... the back will not have ne holes because the whole plate in the back comes off not just the logos .... the residue is a bitch though .... hair dryer and floss is right

xp3nd4bl3
07-04-05, 04:40 PM
Cool, thanks guys! I'll post pics next week, then you can be the judge.

Todd_SCZ
07-12-05, 02:35 AM
I just removed mine. I sprayed them with WD40, waited 5 minutes and then flossed them right off. There was some leftover adhesive though and it was really stuck on there. So, I went and bought some goo gone. Squirted some on, waited 5 minutes and wiped it right off.

liftdlegend
07-12-05, 06:04 PM
the front will have to holes ... thats if you still have the stock grill ... if you changed your grill its no problems ... the back will not have ne holes because the whole plate in the back comes off not just the logos .... the residue is a bitch though .... hair dryer and floss is right
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I have an EXT and if you look at the tailgate on it the emblem is two seperate pieces attached directly to the gate, The regular escalades have a plate with everything attached to it.