: P 025 code - 1995 STS

first sts
07-03-05, 06:58 PM
My car 95sts has been running really bad for some time with no codes popping up untill today when I got a PO25 code or 24X referance signal low !!!!!!!! What is a 24x referance signal,,,,something from outer space.......Thanks

mcowden
07-06-05, 11:26 AM
I could be wrong here, but I thought the 24x reference signal was a signal from the crank position sensors. You might want to check the spark plug wires and make sure they are not in contact with any other wiring. Move them as far away from other wires as you can. Maybe there's a broken wire somewhere or a crank position sensor is failing. Hopefully someone else will chime in here with other possible causes and solutions but wanted to get you started with something at least.

Good luck...

first sts
07-06-05, 04:57 PM
I changed out the ignition control moduel at the tune of $265.00 it did not fix the problem.....how hard is it to change the crank positioning sensor....are there any special tools need or does it need to set a certain way ??????? thanks for your reply

mcowden
07-06-05, 05:40 PM
Well, before you go after that one, describe how the engine was running badly before you got the PO25 code. What were the exact symptoms? Did they change when the PO25 code came up? How did they change? Does the car stall or die out for no apparent reason? Is it hard to restart?

ridinginstyle
10-27-13, 02:33 PM
Check your battery and alternator. Are your lights flickering or pulsating at idle at night you notice? I'm having this problem. Mike did you get her fixed if so what did you do?

Ranger
10-27-13, 03:39 PM
This thread is 8 years old. Neither of the two posters have been here since '06 & '07.

ridinginstyle
11-02-13, 03:41 AM
This thread is 8 years old. Neither of the two posters have been here since '06 & '07.
Well good for future visitors. I fixed my p025 problem. Was the PCM. Everything was good after that. Had to do an idle relearn procedure but all is good no more codes running way better like perfect.