: Are Your Rear Roof Light Bar LEDs Warped ?

syrob@MSN.COM
07-03-05, 01:58 PM
While driving behind a SRX at night I noticed the rear brake light bar at the top of the roof was illuminated unevenly. Checked mine at night and sure enough they were also unevenly illuminated, some LEDs appeared much dimmer. During the day noticed that some LEDs were recessed way to far in the housing. Dealer replaced the bar: now its evenly illuminated. Have seen several other SRXs at night with same problem. The side brake lights seem fine however. See picture below.

This is totally unacceptable for a 50k car, check yours, the warp looks real “cheap” at night…

SYROB

syrob@MSN.COM
07-13-05, 10:39 AM
Also , the LED warp is in more than one section of the light bar....

SYROB

b4z
07-13-05, 06:15 PM
Do a search.
recall about a year ago.
Get it fixed fast or it will dent your roof when you open the tailgate.

syrob@MSN.COM
07-13-05, 08:46 PM
Do a search.
recall about a year ago.
Get it fixed fast or it will dent your roof when you open the tailgate.
Nope, that was a completely different problem. That problem was with the whole light bar coming off. My problem and the ones I have seen on other SRXs at night has to do with the position of the individual LEDs INSIDE the housing, some are just recessed way to deep and do not illuminate like they should. This causes and uneven illumination. See the picture I posted??

SYROB

Kipp
07-14-05, 10:56 AM
I think you confused people by saying "warped". The early light bars were actually warped by the sun. These appear to be unevenly recessed in the housing. Im curious now and have to check mine.........The old brick on the brake pedal trick should do it.

b4z
07-14-05, 12:52 PM
My bad.

NewCaddyFan
07-16-05, 01:20 PM
I had a friend comment about mine when following me. He thought they were burned out or something. It must be the angle or depth your talking about. Too back I just got it back from service on the air bag module. I'll mention it next time.

syrob@MSN.COM
08-04-05, 07:57 AM
I noticed that it is usually the left side of the bar that has the recessed LEDs that appear fainter on the cars I was behind at night. I would say about 20-40% of all SRX I see at night have this defect.

SYROB