: Possessed DVD Player

syrob@MSN.COM
07-02-05, 08:35 PM
Possessed DVD Player.

Turned off my car three hours ago, the DVD is cycling, loading different disks, goes through three cycles then pauses for a while. Open the driver door immediately initiates this behavior. The engine is off, key removed from switch, nothing is active on the car except the lights when I open the door and the possessed DVD player.

Any one else have this issue.

At 5 hours if it is still doing it will pull line off battery…

Video taped this, any way to post a video ?

SYROB

john d
07-02-05, 10:07 PM
Possessed DVD Player.

Turned off my car three hours ago, the DVD is cycling, loading different disks, goes through three cycles then pauses for a while.
SYROB

Does the attached cover your CD problem?
Looks like a rebuild/exchange is the Cadillac solution for CD problems.
Best Buy, Circuit City and even Radio Shack replace defective CD players during warranty periods with new units.

Kipp
07-03-05, 01:30 AM
You can find a lot on this if you do a search here

syrob@MSN.COM
07-03-05, 05:30 AM
Thanks,

Will bring to dealer...

SYROB

mack1a
08-04-05, 03:16 AM
Funny, I only caught mine doing the CD shuffle one time early on and I have just accepted the spurious resets as part of the SRX experience.

Opened the door today and it was playing 3 card Monte. Guess I will end up with one of those second hand radios. It might be interesting to start using the trip odometer again even thou the SRX will never be my over the road trip car.

syrob@MSN.COM
08-04-05, 06:52 AM
Yep, good old GM QC. AND think about this, when they replace mine next time I take it to the dealer they will give me someone’s reflashed unit that does not dance, BUT it will have all the wear and tear on the changer mechanism from doing the shuffle G__ knows how many times over and over and over....

SYROB

louisn
08-04-05, 07:25 AM
Yep, good old GM QC. AND think about this, when they replace mine next time I take it to the dealer they will give me someone’s reflashed unit that does not dance, BUT it will have all the wear and tear on the changer mechanism from doing the shuffle G__ knows how many times over and over and over....

SYROB
My replacement radio has a much a stronger-deeper bass and X-M radio is much more realistic. Much better for some reason. :worship:

syrob@MSN.COM
08-04-05, 09:39 AM
Then there is potentially something good to hope for, will let you know once we do the swap. I agree that at least on my broken radio, XM is poor (not like a CD), sounds a little like mp3...

SYROB