: replaced blower motor...now what?

pimpin88
07-01-05, 10:49 PM
so today i went and picked up a brand new blower motor for my 1988 brougham. $13.99. seimens. anyhow, i put it in place of the old one that burnt up this past winter and went into the car expecting to have my defroster and a/c back, but no, the blower didnt do anything.

is there anything else that could have been fried when the motor went. fuses, wires? any help would be great because i really want to have my a/c working when its 90+ degrees like it has been for the past 2 weeks.

BluEyes
07-01-05, 11:29 PM
Dunno about the '88, but on the older cadillacs they had a engine temperature switch that would not allow the fan to come on untill it had warmed up a certain amount. If the wire to this has gotten disconnected, the fan would never come on.

AElayyat
07-02-05, 03:17 AM
If everything is working in the A/C system (ie compressor, the system has freon)then I would check to see if the programmer is working, or it could be the motor that controls the temp. door. All of this stuff is located behind the golve box.

The Ape Man
07-02-05, 11:18 AM
Jump the blower motor case to a good underhood ground. It draws plenty of current so be prepared for a little action. If it runs then the problem could be the power module. Just follow the existing black wire from the blower case screw and it will lead you to the module. This is the trouble in most cases. Some suggest that they fail due to "spikes" or excessive blower amperage draw. Unless you have access to a cheap replacement module to try out then it would be a good idea to follow the factory manual trouble tree before spending $$$$$ on parts which may or may not repair the problem. Do a Google search on "Cadillac blower power module" some info will turn up.