: New Intake

willsctsv
06-30-05, 03:13 PM
Just installed the LPE with the stealth FFV!:D
This thing revs like an animal , and sounds like a Lion Roaring when WOT. :dance:

Big Thankyou to Joeyctsv for the recomendation. I previously had only the FFV. He had the LPE, and I liked the sound of his, and he said there was a noticable increase in power.
The addition of the larger filter in the LPE was what I think the V was missing.

I have not had a chance to really wind it out in 1-2-3rd, but just getting into it a little in second there is a noticable difference. I was able to redline 2nd gear in less time and the car pulled hard all the way to the rev limiter. I will report back tonight when I go out to my TEST road.:shhh:
It really feels like this was the one thing I needed to get all the mods working in harmony.
Now, one more thing. Gonna send Stealth back the PCM for a re-tune and then off to the Dyno.
Goal: 385-390RWHP
1/4 Mile 12's.

JOEYCTS-V
06-30-05, 03:21 PM
:D I'm glad to see you liked the LPE intake. I knew that's what you were missing. We have to go for another run now. My exhaust came in today and it might be on by tonight. :p

trukk
06-30-05, 03:31 PM
The week of LPE install threads. Looks like a lot of people took advantage of the deal LPE offered. :D

When I installed mine, I could not get the K&N filter to sit horizontal in the new 'enclosure'. Mine sits at about a %45 angle, being higher in the back. Is this typical?

Second, since the snorkel is removed, does anyone fear a water ingestion issue, if you hit a big puddle? I'd think it might be possible, but highly improbable. Thoughts?

Finally how often is everyone removing their K&N, and doing the wash/oil routine?

Thanks,

Chris

heavymetals
06-30-05, 03:50 PM
Horizontal or at an angle doesn't matter.

What I found that did matter was the remaining snorkel remnants that had to be removed.

I suggest that you use metal tape (copper or aluminum) to seal off all the cracks in the air cleaner compartment.

Also, you are gonna have to hit one big puddle to worry about water ingestion!

willsctsv
06-30-05, 04:08 PM
I tried to post some pics, I hope I did it right!
OK It worked. Now the only modification I had to do for this combo to work( FFV/LPE) was to place a zip tie around the gigantic FFV tube! This was done to keep the rubber coupling from touching the pulley.
Perhaps Stealth can get one made up that does not have that bulge in it.
Other than that this set up feels and sounds killer!:thumbsup:

trukk
06-30-05, 04:46 PM
Your MAF appears to be rotated 180 degrees from stcok, although I'm assuming that it doesn't really mater.

Those plates are just screaming for a ticket :D

-Chris

StealthV
06-30-05, 05:36 PM
Willy, you'll love the tune that is dialed in for the LPE-FFV combo. CVP and I are running it today; Urby will have his tomorrow. :lildevil:

Look familar right down to the tie wrap?

http://www.stealthv.com/images/headers/header1.jpg

urbanski
06-30-05, 05:59 PM
mine didn't need a zip tie :confused:
but then again, mine bulges up the hood LOL

ssmith100
06-30-05, 06:08 PM
Urb,

The bottom probably didn't seat good. Mine did it too when I first installed it. A little adjustment and it fits great. You guys really like that LPE sticker on the box???:helpless:

Shane

StealthV
06-30-05, 06:23 PM
LPE sticker came that way - agree, it is kind of ugly. The V is getting a full fluid makeover tonight @ 15,000 miles perhaps the sticker shall die a horrid, torn death. :D

willsctsv
06-30-05, 06:30 PM
Stealth wrote" Willy, you'll love the tune that is dialed in for the LPE-FFV combo. CVP and I are running it today; Urby will have his tomorrow.

Look familar right down to the tie wrap? "

Great Minds think alike!:thumbsup:

JOEYCTS-V
06-30-05, 06:40 PM
To injest water, you would have to go through a puddle that's at least 2 feet deep. There's nothing to worry about. I've had my V in severe rainstorms and never had a problem.

CVP33
06-30-05, 09:36 PM
I'm gonna have to put that damned LPE sticker on if I want to be in the club huh? I sure hope I save it. :rolleyes:

StealthV
06-30-05, 09:57 PM
Sans LPE sticker now. :shhh:

CVP33
06-30-05, 09:58 PM
All done. I never would've guessed it, but the sticker was of course good for 5 hp.
Before and After

willsctsv
06-30-05, 11:19 PM
OK, back from my spirited runs. The car pulls hard and sounds like it's pulling harder. So, probably not my imagination. Slight whistle only when the throttle is cracked open. Almost like the air wants to rush in but can't because the throttle body is only open a very small amount.
When you floor it, it becomes a very mean, get out of the way ROARRRRRRR!
On my test road, I measured out 1000 feet with a measuring wheel.
I pulled 95 mph in 3rd and had to brake. How much could that be in the 1/4? Providing I had the extra 320 feet? Anyone have any formula's or something?
Third tops out at 96/rev limiter knocks you back down to 94mph. So shifting at 95 mph is probably ideal.
Highway run, Sweet. The Car pulls hard in every gear, you think your in 4th when your in 5th and you hit the gas. 5th pulls hard.
I think I'll have rick give me a new rev limit of 6900, still safe but the car wants to keep pulling up there so I can probably squeeze a few mph out of each gear.
Also more horses can be found with the new tune. The car is running way rich. Even at a stop light you smell it! I Know having no cats has to do with that smell, but not all of it!

trukk
07-01-05, 02:19 PM
To injest water, you would have to go through a puddle that's at least 2 feet deep. There's nothing to worry about. I've had my V in severe rainstorms and never had a problem.

With no snorkle in there, there appears to be nothing keeping a BIG splash of water up onto the grill from at least hitting the K&N (although it would have to be at a bit of an angle). I'm not sure what would happen in that case. I'm going to assume the K&N would keep at most of the water, and the small amount that would go in wouldn't be a huge issue.

I guess I'm just paranoid. :suspect:

-Chris