: Bassani Exhaust.....

VELOSE
06-30-05, 01:16 PM
Hi guys,
If any of you have followed what I've said about what I was going to do with exhaust, things have changed.

Initially, I was going to get Borla. Found out they are backordered by 6-8 weeks. Later, a local hot rod muffler shop offered to make me a custom Magnaflow exhaust but, after numerous attempts on my end to find out if the materials he said he ordered were in, haven't arrived. Anyhow, I dropped him like a bad habit.:D Now, I found another shop that can get the Bassani exhaust in the next couple of days. It's more expensive than Corsa and B&B exhaust but, I can get it soon.

Some of you might ask, why don't I just get the corsa or b&b? I don't want to because I want to have something out of the norm.

So.........do any of you know what a Bassani exhaust sounds like on a CTS-V? Do any of you have a video our sound clip of it on a V? I know the Bassani exhaust sounds really nice on Mustangs but, I would like to get a chance to hear it on a V before I commit to buying it.

thebigjimsho
06-30-05, 01:51 PM
You said it yourself, you want to be out of the norm. That comes with pros and cons. Let us know how it turns out.

1gCtsV05
06-30-05, 01:52 PM
Hi guys,
If any of you have followed what I've said about what I was going to do with exhaust, things have changed.

Initially, I was going to get Borla. Found out they are backordered by 6-8 weeks. Later, a local hot rod muffler shop offered to make me a custom Magnaflow exhaust but, after numerous attempts on my end to find out if the materials he said he ordered were in, haven't arrived. Anyhow, I dropped him like a bad habit.:D Now, I found another shop that can get the Bassani exhaust in the next couple of days. It's more expensive than Corsa and B&B exhaust but, I can get it soon.

Some of you might ask, why don't I just get the corsa or b&b? I don't want to because I want to have something out of the norm.

So.........do any of you know what a Bassani exhaust sounds like on a CTS-V? Do any of you have a video our sound clip of it on a V? I know the Bassani exhaust sounds really nice on Mustangs but, I would like to get a chance to hear it on a V before I commit to buying it.

well.. everyoone hear has Corsa or B&B...
The Bassini is made for V?!?!
should sounds very similar to Stang... maybe a lil more throaty I guess....
all you can do is try and see what happens.

JOEYCTS-V
06-30-05, 02:06 PM
Here's some pics of the Bassani on a V...

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/imglib/exhaust.html

VELOSE
06-30-05, 02:14 PM
I'm confident I'll like the sound but, I'm not sure how much drone I'll get in the cab. I'm gonna do it either way. If it doesn't turnout quiet when need be like the corsa, solid installation like the corsa, and loud when need be like the b&b, I'll live with it somehow. Just need the sound period. :D

CVP33
06-30-05, 02:48 PM
I don't like the tips they used. Need to be larger to fill the opening. Like this.

VELOSE
06-30-05, 02:51 PM
I definitely agree with you on that. However, that should be an easy fix at a local shop. I have 4 1/4" tips in mind. The tips on the BB exhaust look just right.

Barak
06-30-05, 03:13 PM
Bassani makes such high quality stuff, if I'd ever get exhaust it would have to be Bassani.

trukk
06-30-05, 03:34 PM
I don't like the tips they used. Need to be larger to fill the opening. Like this.

One of the main thing I don't like about the Corsa is the tips. I think they look like ass, especially when you can see the smaller real tubes inside the tips.

It seems so 'rice' to have the big 4" tips on a 2.5" system, but then again, having 2.5" tips would like like crap.

-Chris

VELOSE
06-30-05, 04:17 PM
Also, from what I can tell, the bassani exhaust is not polished. Therefore, I was thinking of giving it a more OEM look. I'm going to have the shop paint the mufflers black and just leave them nice polished 4" tips showing in the back. Sometimes I feel the polished mufflers give the exhausts on the V a "rice" look.

ssmith100
06-30-05, 04:54 PM
Me likey that polished B&B look:worship:

Shane

JOEYCTS-V
06-30-05, 06:52 PM
I just put my corsa on tonight and I don't think the tips look bad at all. You can't even see the inner pipe inside the tip unless you stick your head in there to look.

trukk
07-01-05, 02:30 PM
You can't even see the inner pipe inside the tip unless you stick your head in there to look.

..Or if you are driving behind it :(

-Chris

Geno
07-01-05, 02:44 PM
The Bassini exhaust is not polished
You can see the seam weld on the bottom side of the resonator.
The tips looked rolled at the ends rather than doubled walled.
The Bassini is more expensive than the Corsa or B&B
Why?????:confused: :confused: :confused:

I guess the botton line is, if it make you happy that's all that counts.

GRP
07-01-05, 03:05 PM
One of the main thing I don't like about the Corsa is the tips. I think they look like ass, especially when you can see the smaller real tubes inside the tips.

It seems so 'rice' to have the big 4" tips on a 2.5" system, but then again, having 2.5" tips would like like crap.

-Chris

This is Gautam from Corsa checking in. Several people have expressed concern about the sleeve inside our 4" Pro Series tips as offered on the CTS-V and I wanted to offer some insight into why we did that.

As most people know, Corsa distinguishes itself from the other aftermarket exhaust manufacturers by offer straight-thru, free flowing systems WITHOUT drone. Others promise to minimize it, but we refuse to sell a system that has ANY drone or resonance. During our acoustic development for the CTS-V, we found the in-cabin sound characteristics of this car to be very sensitive to the overall length of the tailpipe (this is one of the variables that goes into our calculations for designing the Reflective Sound Cancellation mufflers).

Though we would have preferred to offer this system without the sleeve, the data and our ears told us otherwise.

We made a small compromise on the aesthetics of the system to maintain the integrity of the sound characteristics that we promise and you expect (and appreciate, hopefully).
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about this or anything else.
Regards,
Gautam
Corsa Performance
Engineering Director

PneuBird
07-01-05, 04:27 PM
Gautam.......You the man!!!! I know I had to wait a lonnnnnnnng time for your exhaust, But I can truly say I'm very pleased with your system. I've had the exhaust on since last October and have had NO problems with the entire system. I'm now looking forward to getting "DTE" to install headers on the Corsa. By the way, a personal thank you to Jim Browning Jr. for showing us the inside of your facility and what goes into making such a fantastic exhaust system. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Medicineman
07-01-05, 06:24 PM
Heard the Bassani on a Z06....... Sounds Good!! A little raspy...I call it a "Pissed Off LS6" sound. But I have seen the tips and they missed the mark when it comes to the V.... B&B still fills the holes better!!

calicadi
07-01-05, 11:48 PM
My Corsa arrived tonight. Ordered 6/24 on eBay for a slight discount and free shipping from Ernie Guzman Pontiac GMC in Houston, Texas. Ordered a Corsa over the others specifically because the performance and drone cancelation technology, and no negative reports on this forum.

Velose... looking forward to your review even though my purchase has already been made.

VELOSE
07-02-05, 01:50 AM
I'm thrown back! I can't believe we had a representative of Corsa step in here and share some input on his product.:thumbsup:

We are still on target. I just got a call on the exhaust. Looks like it arrives on Wednesday. I should have it installed by Thursday. The plan is to paint the mufflers black and get new 4" chrome double walled tips to finish it off. I know I'm paying a little more than what the common exhausts everyone are buying but, from what I've seen, the Bassani exhaust doesn't lack quality, sound, and performance. It might need a little more help visually but, that is the price I'm willing to pay to get something unique.

I can't wait to share a video. Stay tuned.......

Hmm, I think I like that for a signature, "Stay Tuned" :eyebrow:

calicadi
07-02-05, 11:39 PM
Corsa installed today. PERFECT! Just the right note. Raises no eyebrows around town. Soft, authoritative burrble on throttle let-off. Combined with the K&N filter, throttle response feels crisper and more sensitive to inputs. The performance note starts coming on at about 4500 rpm. By 5500 rpm sounds wicked.

JOEYCTS-V
07-02-05, 11:48 PM
I also noticed the awesome exhaust note change from 4000 up. It really sounds like no other car once you're in that range. Ever since I put the Corsa on thursday night I haven't been able to stop driving the car. It's just what I was looking for!

trukk
07-05-05, 12:16 PM
Corsa installed today. PERFECT! Just the right note. Raises no eyebrows around town. Soft, authoritative burrble on throttle let-off. Combined with the K&N filter, throttle response feels crisper and more sensitive to inputs. The performance note starts coming on at about 4500 rpm. By 5500 rpm sounds wicked.

I got my Corsa on in January. I drove around inside the parking garage at work with the windows down, just to hear it :D Damned cold, but the exhaust sounds so hot.

If you REALLY want to crank it up a notch, go get some RT High FLow Cats. It sounds awesome now. Went to the dyno, and heard it from behind at WOT. WOW! It sounded incredible.

I'd love to hear a Corsa with Headers and high flow cats, and also compare contrast with a B&B with headers and/or RT Cats.

-Chris

VELOSE
07-06-05, 08:27 PM
Update:
Looks like the exhaust should be here no later than Friday. I'm hoping to have it installed that same day. If not, Saturday or Monday latest.

Also, I finally came out of my shell. I just ordered the Maggie. :D :D :D Should be here sometime next week. Thanks Marty!

VELOSE
07-12-05, 01:13 PM
Here's the new thread on the installed exhaust. ;)

http://cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45680