: help with 86 fleetwood please(wire running)

lil.tay
06-30-05, 12:33 PM
I'm trying to install my amps but i dont know how to get wire from the back seat area to the trunk...anyone know of a good spot to get the wire into the trunk?

N0DIH
06-30-05, 06:18 PM
I just ran an antenna wire to my ham rig on mine, I did the driver's side, there is a hole, looking from the truck side at the top left over the wheel, you can see it.

I ran a wire (romex, white, so I could see it up to the trunk, attached it to my desired wire) and pulled it through. I pulled the seat out (not the back, just the bottom) and pull the interior out enough to run my wire forward. In my case to the middle under the front seat, so I came through the hole in the carpet for the rear seat vents.

See the attached picture to take a look at my trunk, granted, I have a 94, most of the GM cars rear areas are all the same, across most RWD car lines.

The smaller hole is best, but you can run any. Just male sure it is sufficiently insulated from rubbing, +12v connected to the batt shorting to gnd sucks. Make sure it is fused at the battery.

davesdeville
07-01-05, 03:28 AM
I ran it through the frame rail on the passengers side of my 78, then drilled a hole through the slanted part of the trunk. I wrapped a piece of copper sheet I had lying around around the wire so the cut part couldn't eat through the insulation, but you should be fine even if it does because you should have a fuse right next to the battery anyway.

lil.tay
07-01-05, 01:33 PM
u guys are great, thanks for the help!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: