: Northstar

HollywoodHicks1
11-05-03, 11:27 AM
Ok I've been reading all kinds of stuff on this site. I've been seeing you all talk about these Northstar engines. What is a Northstar engine?

Blackout
11-05-03, 11:33 AM
Is Blackout reading this right? Does Hollywood not know what a Northstar is? Blackout does not understand.....Blackout is confused.......Blackout thought Hollywood knew about Cadillac's. Blackout upset with Hollywood.

JJhomer83
11-05-03, 11:50 AM
Is Blackout reading this right? Does Hollywood not know what a Northstar is? Blackout does not understand.....Blackout is confused.......Blackout thought Hollywood knew about Cadillac's. Blackout upset with Hollywood.

JJHomer83 is suprised as well. Well JJHomer83 will tell hollywood what a north* is. Its an engine made by cadillac. 4.6L It is there "standard" motor now. Its in 93 or newer eldos and all other models from that year and above. They are rated 275HP up to 300HP

JJHomer83 has heard a rumor that there is a specail 4.9L north*.
JJhomer83 does not believe it
Hope this helps hollywood

Blackout
11-05-03, 11:55 AM
Blackout happy that JJHomer helped Hollywood. I hope this helps Hollywood. I hope this makes Hollywood happy because it made Blackout happy to see people helping other people here. Now Blackout is in a good mood :yup:

Stoneage_Caddy
11-05-03, 03:18 PM
the revrend says the northstar is a dohc v8 of 4.6 litres , found in newer caddys

the revrend likes talking in 3rd person , he also wonders how blackouts 87 civic auto is coming along

Blackout
11-05-03, 04:50 PM
he also wonders how blackouts 87 civic auto is coming alonglol......blackout is ammused by that, in fact blackout thinks that is down right funny! But blackout say's that the Type R stickers are being installed today, big body kit on its way, huge aluminum spoiler I'm still trying to decide on, and fire exstingusher *blackout not sure if he spelled that right* just in case I have a engine fire due to the massive amounts oh hp and tq that will be coming through that engine! But blackout will keep tabs for everyone

JJhomer83
11-05-03, 05:03 PM
lol......blackout is ammused by that, in fact blackout thinks that is down right funny! But blackout say's that the Type R stickers are being installed today, big body kit on its way, huge aluminum spoiler I'm still trying to decide on, and fire exstingusher *blackout not sure if he spelled that right* just in case I have a engine fire due to the massive amounts oh hp and tq that will be coming through that engine! But blackout will keep tabs for everyone

JJHomer83 says that the Type R stickers add at least 12 HP.

Stoneage_Caddy
11-05-03, 05:07 PM
The revrend thinks a racing stripe would net at least 30 hp to the wheels and add 400lbs of down force , blackout need downforce with the kind of speeds a automatic civic sees , the revrend also thinks household dutch boy semi latex gloss paint in the color of APC tanagrine would make some power too , but the revrends wants tell blackout that it should be applied with a roller to give a showcar finish

Blackout
11-05-03, 05:19 PM
The revrend thinks a racing stripe would net at least 30 hp to the wheels and add 400lbs of down force , blackout need downforce with the kind of speeds a automatic civic sees , the revrend also thinks household dutch boy semi latex gloss paint in the color of APC tanagrine would make some power too , but the revrends wants tell blackout that it should be applied with a roller to give a showcar finishBlackout agree's with JJHomer and Stoneage. But blackout does not agree with the paint. Blackout will take off the paint for weight reduction and also primered cars are cooler looking also. I have installed my Type R seatbelt pads also which is atleast good for 15hp each. So blackout has put on for the driver, ans passenger seat, and two for the back seats. So there's an easy 60hp right there

JJhomer83
11-05-03, 05:24 PM
Blackout agree's with JJHomer and Stoneage. But blackout does not agree with the paint. Blackout will take off the paint for weight reduction and also primered cars are cooler looking also. I have installed my Type R seatbelt pads also which is atleast good for 15hp each. So blackout has put on for the driver, ans passenger seat, and two for the back seats. So there's an easy 60hp right there

JJhomer does not agree with the paint either. JJhomer agrees with the primer for weight reduction. JJhomer thinks you should put on spinning hubcaps b/c spinning rims add wieght so less power

Katshot
11-05-03, 05:38 PM
I feel like I stepped into the Twilight Zone! ;)

Blackout
11-05-03, 05:48 PM
Blackout is hoping and praying that my Civic turns out as nice as this one did! This is one phat ride yo!
http://gallery.thevboard.com/users/FastSpecV/253-40230-1522.jpg

JJhomer83
11-05-03, 05:55 PM
Blackout is hoping and praying that my Civic turns out as nice as this one did! This is one phat ride yo!

JJhomer thinks blackout needs to upgrade his wing to get more horses
JJhomer wing is 50 hp

Elvis
11-05-03, 06:32 PM
Elvis thinks you should all quit F-ing with Hollywood. Or was Hollywood F-ing with YOU first? :histeric:

Elvis likes Homer's new wing. Priscilla used to iron Elvis' jumpsuits on one of those things. She did some other things to his jumpsuits, too. And then she did some jumping on his thing, too. :bouncy:

http://billslater.com/elvis_in_lights.gif

ShadowLvr400
11-05-03, 06:39 PM
The Northstar motor from Cadillac. 4.6L DOHC V8. 279 cubic inches in size, 3 Versions now. The base, 275 horse, 300 torque. Touring 300 horse, 295 torque. New and upcoming/out now is the updated Northstar with 320 horse, and 320 torque, resides in the SRX, and the XLR. There's also the mini northstar, the 4.0L Aurora motor. Don't know what it's numbers are offhand. I think a 260/275 combo. But not sure.

JJhomer83
11-05-03, 06:43 PM
The Northstar motor from Cadillac. 4.6L DOHC V8. 279 cubic inches in size, 3 Versions now. The base, 275 horse, 300 torque. Touring 300 horse, 295 torque. New and upcoming/out now is the updated Northstar with 320 horse, and 320 torque, resides in the SRX, and the XLR. There's also the mini northstar, the 4.0L Aurora motor. Don't know what it's numbers are offhand. I think a 260/275 combo. But not sure.

JJhomer has question what the hell does NORTHSTAR mean and where does it come from

03EscaladeAWD
11-05-03, 07:33 PM
03EscaladeAWD thinks all you wanna be ricers are crazy. 03EscaladeAWD thinks that if you want to beat a McLaren F1, and add several thousand horsepower, you should go with this spoiler provided by 03EscaladeAWD. Crazy Blackout! bigspoiler2.bmp

Oh yeah, and the coyote on it adds another 100.

Elvis
11-06-03, 10:51 AM
That's not rice. If it came from the factory that way, and it's a Dodge product, "rice" is too good a term for it.

"Grits" might be more appropriate.

elwesso
11-06-03, 11:24 AM
Snipes thinks this is pretty funny, and the funny thing is Hollywood didnt talk in third person on the first post of this thread!!! :D

Snipes would also like to add there is no 4.9L northstar.... Someone was obviously mistaken.......

Finally, Snipes wishes that this information has been helpful to hollywood and he doesnt take anything personally!!!!

Blackout
11-06-03, 11:34 AM
Blackout thinks Hollywood is a good sport. But Blackout is wondering where Hollywood is.

elwesso
11-06-03, 11:40 AM
Snipes hopes that we didnt scare Hollywood away!!!

After all, how would Blackout feel if a bunch of people started talking in 3rd person!!!! :D

Blackout
11-06-03, 11:53 AM
Blackout thought everyone speaks in the third person. Blackout thinks your not cool unless you speak in the third person :D

JJhomer83
11-06-03, 11:59 AM
Blackout thought everyone speaks in the third person. Blackout thinks your not cool unless you speak in the third person :D

JJhomer agrees with blackout.
JJHomer hopes JJhomer did not offend hollywood
JJhomer hopes hollywood is still alive and kickin

Stoneage_Caddy
11-06-03, 03:52 PM
The revrend thinks hollywood is in hollywood , sporting wood , wouldnt you ?

The revrend thinks hes a poet again , someone pass the revrend a beer

The revrend has saw dyno charts of civics equppied with a dale earnhardt #3 sticker , and revrend saw dramatic ganins in low end torque

The revrend wonders how many eggs jjhomers chicken has laid .....

Blackout
11-06-03, 03:55 PM
The revrend wonders how many eggs jjhomers chicken has laid .....LOL! Blackout thinks that is the best thing blackout has ever heard on this board! As for the beers here you go Stoneage :cheers:

JJhomer83
11-06-03, 04:00 PM
The revrend thinks hollywood is in hollywood , sporting wood , wouldnt you ?

The revrend thinks hes a poet again , someone pass the revrend a beer

The revrend has saw dyno charts of civics equppied with a dale earnhardt #3 sticker , and revrend saw dramatic ganins in low end torque

The revrend wonders how many eggs jjhomers chicken has laid .....

JJhomer83 chicken lays 1 egg per 5 secs.
JJhomer83 chicken lays 12 eggs per minute
JJhomer83 chicken lays 720 eggs per hour
JJhomer83 chicken lays 17280 eggs per day
JJhomer83 chicken lays 120960 eggs per week

Stoneage_Caddy
11-06-03, 04:05 PM
The revrend thanks jjhomer and blackout for the support and figures on the chicken that lays eggs faster than gm can build cars

JJhomer83
11-06-03, 04:09 PM
The revrend thanks jjhomer and blackout for the support and figures on the chicken that lays eggs faster than gm can build cars

JJhomer83 would like to introduce clucky the chicken

Clucky stats that his egg laying ability is unmatched by anyone. Clucky loves every egg that comes out of his ass. clucky says if you take one of his eggs and break it over a 4.9L it will scramble the engine and make it a 4.9L north*

Stoneage_Caddy
11-06-03, 04:17 PM
clucky is a boy chicken ? the revrend knows that if he laid eggs his ass would hurt pretty damned bad , but if clucky ever get cought by the chicken police the revrend thinks that clucky would have a easy time in prison dropping the soap

He needs to lay a egg on the revrends 4.9 he could use the extra 16 valves

elwesso
11-06-03, 04:22 PM
Snipes thinks this is starting to get really weird.....

And if he is a boy chicken, snipes doesnt wanna see the girl chicken!!!!

Stoneage_Caddy
11-06-03, 04:27 PM
the revrend think that chicken would be the first girl chicken in bucks county to spit for distance with 2 diffrent weapons

the revrend thinks jjhomer may have acute dislexia....DO'H!!!

JJhomer83
11-06-03, 04:27 PM
clucky is a boy chicken ? the revrend knows that if he laid eggs his ass would hurt pretty damned bad , but if clucky ever get cought by the chicken police the revrend thinks that clucky would have a easy time in prison dropping the soap

He needs to lay a egg on the revrends 4.9 he could use the extra 16 valves

Clucky claims that he/she is a hermaphridite (sp)

Stoneage_Caddy
11-06-03, 04:30 PM
The revrend had a glitch in his computer , made clucky look like he/she had some constipation issues

JJhomer83
11-06-03, 04:44 PM
The revrend had a glitch in his computer , made clucky look like he/she had some constipation issues

that's not a glitch that means he is getting ready to lay a north* egg. :histeric: :histeric:

Stoneage_Caddy
11-06-03, 05:50 PM
we ready to strap cluckles ass to the dyno yet ?

hell i bet his eggs run a 14.7 1/4 too

JJhomer83
11-06-03, 05:56 PM
we ready to strap cluckles ass to the dyno yet ?

hell i bet his eggs run a 14.7 1/4 too

Well his eggs are very symitrical so they roll real fast. Im sure it will run close to 14.7 and that's a stock ass

Stoneage_Caddy
11-06-03, 06:37 PM
imagine what a little jail time port and polish would do

gothicaleigh
11-08-03, 02:26 AM
Gothicaleigh thinks it's an interesting sidenote that the Northstar's power goes up the smaller it gets.
Under this theory Gothicaleigh would like to see a 2.0L Northstar. Using the ricer physics supplied by this thread, it would be a good replacement for the CaddyV16, producing somewhere near 1000hp.

HollywoodHicks1
11-08-03, 01:08 PM
Ohh so that is what a Northstar is. Are you all trying to imply something by putting so much emphasis on those 4.6 liter engines, while Hollywood is driving around on a 4.5? You all are real funny for mocking me! I shall get the last laugh! HA!:sneaky:

HollywoodHicks1
11-08-03, 01:13 PM
And something else, Blackout, who ever said that Hollywood knew anything about Cadillacs! Don't be upset with Hollywood. And to my buddy JJHomer, thanks. You get Hollywood points for helping Hollywood. Oh yeah almost forgot, Hollywood seems to be unable to pass the regular emissions test here now. For some odd reason, I have too much CO and NO coming out. Anyone know what this problem is and how I could fix it?

elwesso
11-08-03, 01:19 PM
Snipes think you should start a new thread about your emissions woes.....

Snipes will emphasize to Hollywood that the 4.5 is a mighty fine engine also!!!!

HollywoodHicks1
11-08-03, 04:02 PM
I DON'T WANNA START A NEW THREAD WHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:crying:

elwesso
11-08-03, 04:14 PM
Alright.. Id say EGR is something to look for as a problem....

HollywoodHicks1
11-08-03, 06:20 PM
Who is EGR? Hollywood is still learning all this car terminology stuff.

davesdeville
11-08-03, 07:12 PM
Exhaust gas recirculation.

"The EGR system isused to reduce oxides of nitrogen (NOx) from the exhaust. Formation of these pollutants takes place at very high temperatures; consequently, it occurs during the peak teperature period of the combustion process. To reduce these peak temperatures, and thus the formation of NOx, a small aount of exhaust gas is taken from the exhaust system and recirculated in the combustion cycle."

Anyone know how much exhaust gas is recirculated? How bad is this for performance?

elwesso
11-08-03, 08:20 PM
The EGR only comes on at highway speeds..... This doesnt hurt performance at all, because it only operates at a certain RPM range (something like between 1500-2500, only when cruising, not accelerating)..... During city driving and acceleration, the EGR is NOT functioning......

The amount of exhaust im not sure of, but its a fairly neglegable amount..... Basically its hooked onto one exhaust manifold, and whatever the backpressure is- is how much that gets injested.......

Stoneage_Caddy
11-08-03, 09:47 PM
EGR is also vital at idle thru redline , sometimes a rough ideling engine can be worked out thru the egr system , my pinging on acelleration was solved thru replacemtn fo the non functioning egr , on top of recycling gasess it also keeps combustion temps down , which in turn decreases premature detonation fo the air/fuel mix , as for a detriment to performace , i dont think it has any effect , lowering combstion temps is actully good and allows for more agressive ignotion timing

are you produceing excessive HC's? if not im wondering if its not in the catolitcic converter , they are designed to work the whole life of the car but sometimes they breakdown due to the wrong type of fuel additives , a lack of excessive HC's is telling me that fuel is being burned completly before leaving the engine , also if there is a lack of trouble codes that tells me the engine is ok , the computer would say something if something was wrong with what it could see , since it is blind when it comes to the cat converter it wouldnt say anything if the substrate bricks in the converter broke down or if it had a meltdown

HollywoodHicks1
11-10-03, 11:47 AM
Ok, I read what you guys wrote like 5 times. I don't get it at all. All I know is that the guy at the E-Check place said that I had too much CO and too much of that NOx stuff coming from my exhaust. Now a lady told me that a simple tune up would most likely fix the problem unless I had other major issues. What could be done to reduce the amount of those bad pollutants coming from the exhaust? I don't want to pollute the air! :crying:

JJhomer83
11-10-03, 12:18 PM
JJhomer83 likes this thread he learns without asking question.