: Ohio Cts Meet Survey

RobertCTS
06-29-05, 08:55 AM
Preliminary survey to find how many we have from the Ohio area that drive Cadillacs and would wanna start a meet in central Ohio? We will build on this and maybe include the other Forums? This has worked well in SoCal with big turnouts and activities. Hey if you live outside of Ohio and still would be interested in attending, speak up.:D

2005V
06-29-05, 09:08 AM
Count me in!

Nick

MCTS-V
06-29-05, 10:49 AM
I live in the Akron area, count me in.

jspridge
06-29-05, 10:57 AM
Me too.

Florian
06-29-05, 12:29 PM
You missed the one in Cleve in June......had a blast and saw Mallett and Corsa. :D

Florian

RobertCTS
06-29-05, 12:34 PM
You missed the one in Cleve in June......had a blast and saw Mallett and Corsa. :D
Florian

I imagine that was just a V invite. How many showed up? I might extend to all the Caddy Forums. I'm not sure. So far it's the CTS & CTS-V Forums.

So Florian, You interested in this one?

Florian
06-29-05, 02:05 PM
Had 9 there.....it was open to all.

Florian

PneuBird
06-29-05, 03:32 PM
Count me in.....You guys know Columbus is in the middle of Ohio don't you???? :thumbsup:

2005V
06-29-05, 03:38 PM
Round on the ends and high in the middle...

RobertCTS
06-29-05, 03:40 PM
Count me in.....You guys know Columbus is in the middle of Ohio don't you???? :thumbsup:

You're from Columbus? I'm from Lancaster, about 25 miles south. If this pulls together maybe you can help me come up with some ideas in the Columbus area.

Total count is 8 so far.

CTSVLS6
06-29-05, 03:52 PM
Count me in, as long as were not on vacation.

RobertCTS
06-29-05, 04:04 PM
Count me in, as long as were not on vacation.

I'm thinking early Fall. Late September or October. Not to hot and maybe the leaves are changing color. Any suggestions?

Mowgli
06-29-05, 04:26 PM
If I'm in town I'm in.

illumina
06-29-05, 04:28 PM
Central Ohio eh? I may have seen you drive around here before...Robert CTS, is your V black by chance? Oh, sorry, I just read the profile...My bad...

I don't actually own a V ( :helpless: ) or anything fancy like you guys, but I might show my ugly mug anyways.

RobertCTS
06-29-05, 04:40 PM
Central Ohio eh? I may have seen you drive around here before...Robert CTS, is your V black by chance? Oh, sorry, I just read the profile...My bad...

I don't actually own a V ( :helpless: ) or anything fancy like you guys, but I might show my ugly mug anyways.

Nope, I have a '04 CTS. If ya got a Caddy please come.:thumbsup:

illumina
06-29-05, 04:46 PM
Nope, I have a '04 CTS. If ya got a Caddy please come.:thumbsup:

I'll do my best to show up. Just set a time and I'm there :thumbsup:

Also, nice CTS dude! I know I've seen that car around town (Columbus) before...Those wheels are the givaway.

RobertCTS
06-29-05, 04:53 PM
I'll do my best to show up. Just set a time and I'm there :thumbsup:

Also, nice CTS dude! I know I've seen that car around town (Columbus) before...Those wheels are the givaway.

illumina,
Your Avatar scares me!:hide:

davesdeville
06-29-05, 04:54 PM
I imagine that was just a V invite. How many showed up? I might extend to all the Caddy Forums. I'm not sure. So far it's the CTS & CTS-V Forums.

So Florian, You interested in this one?

Well aren't you CTS guys exclusive... You do know there's a meets forum right? I'd go if it happened to be the one week I'll be in Ohio later this year but there's like a 5% chance of that working out.

illumina
06-29-05, 05:14 PM
illumina,
Your Avatar scares me!:hide:

Here is the rest of the picture...These animals aren't actually mine however. My mother's dog's teeth would never show because of the amount of lip the dog has :D (German-Shorthair-Pointer), but we know she can be mean without showing her teeth (the dog...Mom shows her teeth when she's pissed :D )...

RobertCTS
06-29-05, 06:06 PM
Well aren't you CTS guys exclusive... You do know there's a meets forum right? I'd go if it happened to be the one week I'll be in Ohio later this year but there's like a 5% chance of that working out.

Hi Dave,
You and your Deville are more than welcome. Let me buy you a couple of brewskys:thumbsup: Hope you can make it.

RobertCTS
06-29-05, 06:16 PM
Here is the rest of the picture...These animals aren't actually mine however. My mother's dog's teeth would never show because of the amount of lip the dog has :D (German-Shorthair-Pointer), but we know she can be mean without showing her teeth (the dog...Mom shows her teeth when she's pissed :D )...

That dog from Hell yours? I had a dog like that. Mean as hell. People would ask if he bites. I'd say "Well he bites me!!" That dog "Black Jack" hung himself. Now I have another black dog... a Black Lab. Only shows his teeth to lick you. :)
Sorry lounge info.

feline
06-29-05, 06:35 PM
Count (US) in!!! From Ashtabula and bought my Corsa after we visited the plant!!
Ginnie

RobertCTS
06-29-05, 08:31 PM
Count (US) in!!! From Ashtabula and bought my Corsa after we visited the plant!!
Ginnie

Ginnie,
I started this thread in the CTS Forum But You V guys are takin' over! I love it. We all wished we had a V!:D

MacOSR
06-29-05, 09:14 PM
Count me in from Canton, Ohio ;)

illumina
06-29-05, 11:11 PM
That dog from Hell yours? I had a dog like that. Mean as hell. People would ask if he bites. I'd say "Well he bites me!!" That dog "Black Jack" hung himself. Now I have another black dog... a Black Lab. Only shows his teeth to lick you. :)
Sorry lounge info.

Nah, I don't know who those dogs belong to. I just happen to like dogs and I always get a kick out of pictures like the one in my avatar...I have about 20 pictures of dogs from a Google search for "rabid dogs" and such. The pictures of my mothers dog isn't quite as scary: but I'll figure out a way to make the dog look mean :D :lildevil:

Anyways to get back to topic, where abouts are you from in the central Ohio area?

PneuBird
06-30-05, 04:32 AM
Sounds like we have some interest here for a get together!!!! I live on the east side of Columbus but I'm thinking Brewery District for food and drink!!! Depending on the number of people coming, we have a ton of parks or the state fairgrounds to gather us all together. Any other thoughts??? :dance: :burn:

RobertCTS
06-30-05, 07:52 AM
Sounds like we have some interest here for a get together!!!! I live on the east side of Columbus but I'm thinking Brewery District for food and drink!!! Depending on the number of people coming, we have a ton of parks or the state fairgrounds to gather us all together. Any other thoughts??? :dance: :burn:

Good idea! German Village, Brewery District, Parks, The River. I like that idea :thumbsup:

Harley Guy
06-30-05, 08:25 AM
I am from Pittsburgh, but enjoyed the Clevleand meet at Corsa and Mallet. Would make the run if timing is right.

2005V
06-30-05, 08:43 AM
Any other thoughts???

Just as an alternative, the Hocking Hills area would be nice too. It's a big tourist destination, centrally located, there are tons of state parks and a Sonic Drive-In complete w/ car hops in Nelsonville. We could fill that place! Plus for anyone coming in from any distance, there are literally thousands of cabins for rent (Google "Hocking Hills" and "cabins" once...).

I'm game either way though!

RobertCTS
06-30-05, 08:58 AM
German Village has their Octoberfest October 1st & 2nd. Beer and entertainment in the streets. Brewery District and the River Front is in walking distance.

http://www.espwebdesign.com/brewdist/home.html

RobertCTS
06-30-05, 09:21 AM
Just as an alternative, the Hocking Hills area would be nice too. It's a big tourist destination, centrally located, there are tons of state parks and a Sonic Drive-In complete w/ car hops in Nelsonville. We could fill that place! Plus for anyone coming in from any distance, there are literally thousands of cabins for rent (Google "Hocking Hills" and "cabins" once...).
I'm game either way though!

Nice State Park lodge at Old Man's Cave. Lots of hiking trails. The Sonic is cool with its carhops but Nelsonville is kinda tore up as they redo the streets.

CTSV05
06-30-05, 11:09 AM
Bob, did the exhaust work out??

I'm in if we are still in the state by then.

RobertCTS
06-30-05, 12:24 PM
Bob, did the exhaust work out??
I'm in if we are still in the state by then.

Your V exhaust is working well on my CTS!:D Pic attached but not a good angle to see your exhaust.

You thinking about moving yourself and the Business?:confused:

CTSV05
07-01-05, 01:25 AM
Looks Good, hows it sound?

Yep, thinking of flyin South!

CadiJeff
07-01-05, 01:43 AM
make it somewhere in central ohio and i'm in

we need to try to invite bbob(most of us owe him a few beers) he's only one state north

RobertCTS
07-01-05, 07:55 AM
We're at 17 now. I'm sure we will several no-shows so I'd feel comfortable at 20.
Here's some shots of the Brewery District next to the German Village. Also a shot of the Santa Maria replica at the River Front.

CTSV05
07-01-05, 09:50 AM
Columbus Sukks!!!!

But it is centrally located.

And Yes, I speak from firsthand experience!

RobertCTS
07-01-05, 10:06 AM
Columbus Sukks!!!!

But it is centrally located.

And Yes, I speak from firsthand experience!

I love German Village with its parks, next to the Brewery District and the River Front Parks. It's rich in history and architecture. Yes, it's centrally located. The V guys already did Cleveland.

I worked in Columbus for 25 years and like any large cities it's got good and bad sides. The area we're thinking of is just off the freeway and easy to get to.

illumina
07-01-05, 04:34 PM
make it somewhere in central ohio and i'm in

we need to try to invite bbob(most of us owe him a few beers) he's only one state north

You mean that state...Up North?!?

Sorry, being in the Columbus area makes me love the Buckeyes!!!

PneuBird
07-01-05, 05:08 PM
Sorry .....No Michigan Fans allowed!!!!! Just kidding, Big Blue Fans can still come!:yup:

RobertCTS
07-01-05, 05:17 PM
Sorry .....No Michigan Fans allowed!!!!! Just kidding, Big Blue Fans can still come!:yup:

Sure we like 'em all. Us Buckeyes had directions to Ann Arbor MI. "Drive North til you smell it. Turn West until you step in it".:p

2004ctsv
07-01-05, 06:15 PM
If I'm not the only one to drink a beer again this time, I'd like to join in - depending on the date.

Columbus would be okay.

Tony

OldRoadDawg
07-01-05, 06:25 PM
If I'm not the only one to drink a beer again this time, I'd like to join in - depending on the date.

Columbus would be okay.

Tony

You won't be alone. I already told Bob down in the CTS forum that I'd be bringing a case of Yuengling with me. Just haven't decided which kind.:cheers:

RobertCTS
07-01-05, 06:29 PM
Columbus would be okay.
Tony

In the Brewery District would insult them not to sample the beer. Same applies to the Oktoberfest. We're looking at the weekend of October 2nd..Saturday I imagine. That's the weekend of the Oktoberfest. You do the Polka after a few beers?:D

That would put us at 18 interested Cadillac owners.:bouncy:

2004ctsv
07-01-05, 09:20 PM
Is there a Marriott nearby? I have a couple points I can burn for a room instead of worrying about enjoying too much of the local brew and having to drive back home.

Tony

RobertCTS
07-01-05, 09:40 PM
Is there a Marriott nearby? I have a couple points I can burn for a room instead of worrying about enjoying too much of the local brew and having to drive back home.
Tony

My next project is to check the area for hotels. I live just 30 miles away but with a few brewskies I may wanna sleep over. I'll report back. In The morning I'm taking off for the NJ shore, Cape May. I'll post when I get back. This is beginning to look like a fun time.:thumbsup:

2004ctsv
07-01-05, 11:32 PM
My next project is to check the area for hotels. I live just 30 miles away but with a few brewskies I may wanna sleep over. I'll report back. In The morning I'm taking off for the NJ shore, Cape May. I'll post when I get back. This is beginning to look like a fun time.:thumbsup:

We're leaving at 6am for Stone Harbor. Going to avoid Philly at all costs - Live 8 will make the roads near there a mess. Taking the Grand Marquis because it has a bigger trunk to handle the luggage and beach stuff for me, wife and 2 girls. I have one bag for seven days but we need a trunk that you can put several bodies and their golf clubs in. Unless you have girls, you won't understand.

Have a safe trip.

Tony

RocketV
07-03-05, 12:24 AM
I'd be interested enough to drive from Indy.