: Got The Corsa Installed!!!

TEX-V
06-28-05, 11:21 AM
Just got back from getting my Corsa installed...very happy with the sound! Thanks Merlins muffler shop in Plano Tx for the Quality Install at a Very good Price. What is the going rate for a CAI Install??

Brad330cic
06-28-05, 11:31 AM
My dealer called today to say my Corsa is in! Are they having you return to re-tighten connections? I am taking a family trip to Houston this weekend and wonder if I should just wait until next week for the install. Still quiet on the highway? (don't want to worry about leaks or anything falling off, since the caddy dealer is doing the install...lol) But I want it on NOW!

urbanski
06-28-05, 11:47 AM
What is the going rate for a CAI Install??
$0 -- DIY

TEX-V
06-28-05, 11:57 AM
My dealer called today to say my Corsa is in! Are they having you return to re-tighten connections? I am taking a family trip to Houston this weekend and wonder if I should just wait until next week for the install. Still quiet on the highway? (don't want to worry about leaks or anything falling off, since the caddy dealer is doing the install...lol) But I want it on NOW!
No I would not Wait. Im going to San Antonio This weekend, So i would not worry about things falling off.The install took 55min and cost $70.I will go back thursday morning to get my connections re-tightned, then im off to San Antonio.

Brad330cic
06-28-05, 12:13 PM
I won't be able to have them re-tightened, but hell, I'm taking it in today! I think my next move is that intake....I hear it makes a difference you can feel.

urbanski
06-28-05, 12:16 PM
No I would not Wait. Im going to San Antonio This weekend, So i would not worry about things falling off.The install took 55min and cost $70.I will go back thursday morning to get my connections re-tightned, then im off to San Antonio.
oh really? wanna drop by and have a beer or something?
durban@satx.rr.com
i'll give you my cell #
:)
urb

Brad330cic
06-28-05, 12:25 PM
I think that intake is easy to do, but you sound like me Tex-V, I don't want to wrench on anything. I used to enjoy that stuff (rebuilt a sm block 350 with hot cam, etc) but maybe its age or something, now I want to pay someone to get frustrated with the job instead of me. I got tired of Murphy's law biting me in the nuts each time! Plus, why be under the hood with Craftsman when I could be out on the lake with bikinis and suds.

TEX-V
06-28-05, 12:56 PM
I think that intake is easy to do, but you sound like me Tex-V, I don't want to wrench on anything. I used to enjoy that stuff (rebuilt a sm block 350 with hot cam, etc) but maybe its age or something, now I want to pay someone to get frustrated with the job instead of me. I got tired of Murphy's law biting me in the nuts each time! Plus, why be under the hood with Craftsman when I could be out on the lake with bikinis and suds.
Yeah I keep Hearing people say do it yourself, but i have no tools whatsoever, So i will be having it installed on Thursday.I got the LPE Cai, im hoping to see a difference in HP.Im having 21st Century Muscle Cars do the CAi install @ 9Am i will let you know how it turns out.I also had the Stealthv!CAGS intalled this morning...right after some old lady almost t-boned me due to the automatic shift into 4th gear...so happy i had it in the glove box.

Brad330cic
06-28-05, 01:22 PM
How much to install the CAGS? the intake? I have to call those guys....I hear they do great work. Yes, let us know how it runs after the install!

TEX-V
06-28-05, 01:34 PM
How much to install the CAGS? the intake? I have to call those guys....I hear they do great work. Yes, let us know how it runs after the install!
21st Century wants $85 for the CAI, The !CAGS was done for free at Merlins when they installed the Corsa.... Are you getting your Corsa installed before your trip??

thebigjimsho
06-28-05, 01:36 PM
How much to install the CAGS? the intake? I have to call those guys....I hear they do great work. Yes, let us know how it runs after the install!Give the dolts at Jiffy Lube a six-pack of Schlitz to install the CAGS piece. If you can't tilt your car a hair, that is.

Brad330cic
06-28-05, 01:49 PM
Yep....I'm taking it to Sewell today, then I will pick it up tommorrow. Leaving for H town on Thursday. hoping it sounds nasty when I romp on it...and that nothing falls off on I-45. lol

dreamcarc6
06-28-05, 01:57 PM
21st Century wants $85 for the CAI, The !CAGS was done for free at Merlins when they installed the Corsa.... Are you getting your Corsa installed before your trip??

Wow, $85, I need to be in the CAI install business. Should take about an hour or so. Need to find a buddy or fellow V owner to help out for a few :cheers: and hang out for bit.

Brad330cic
06-28-05, 01:58 PM
Give the dolts at Jiffy Lube a six-pack of Schlitz to install the CAGS piece. If you can't tilt your car a hair, that is.

Schiltz! :rofl:

urbanski
06-28-05, 02:00 PM
lol
tons of DFW folks here

AmesCTS-V
06-28-05, 02:12 PM
I've done a couple of Corsa installs now. It really doesn't take much. A wrench and a pair of ramps. Buy a case of beer and if you have a couple of even remotely mechanical friends they should have the Corsa and the CAI and !CAGS installed in 2-4 hours easy.

TEX-V
06-28-05, 03:49 PM
Wow, $85, I need to be in the CAI install business. Should take about an hour or so. Need to find a buddy or fellow V owner to help out for a few :cheers: and hang out for bit.
Any fellow V owners that are proficient in intalling a CAi??? in the DFW area?? I think $85 is a Rip!!!

TEX-V
06-28-05, 03:52 PM
Yep....I'm taking it to Sewell today, then I will pick it up tommorrow. Leaving for H town on Thursday. hoping it sounds nasty when I romp on it...and that nothing falls off on I-45. lol
You Should be ok, just get ir re-tightened before you leave.

urbanski
06-28-05, 04:10 PM
Any fellow V owners that are proficient in intalling a CAi??? in the DFW area?? I think $85 is a Rip!!!
buy me a 6-pk of shiners, come to my house, (let the woman hang out at the pool) and you and I can install it :D

TEX-V
06-28-05, 08:20 PM
buy me a 6-pk of shiners, come to my house, (let the woman hang out at the pool) and you and I can install it :D
How Far are you from The Riverwalk??

urbanski
06-28-05, 08:38 PM
How Far are you from The Riverwalk??
25 minutes northwest
just off I-10, i can throw a rock and hit Fiesta Texas :)
i'll have the latest version of StealthV's PCM tune running....we'll see how much you dig it :D

JOEYCTS-V
06-28-05, 09:45 PM
I should have my Corsa on by the end of the week. :shhh:

vr6aaron
06-28-05, 10:33 PM
URBANSkI

I want to check out your car. I live off 1604 and Braun. I want to see your car. You already have everything i want to do:yup:. Let me know when we can get together.

Thanks Aaron

Brad330cic
06-29-05, 09:55 AM
Corsa is on today! Will pick it up later...but I will not be able to retighten the clamps before Houston trip, ya think that is ok? I can always load up the H2 for the trip (cringes at the gas bill).... The dealer said retighten after about 500 miles...but this was a dealer service guy that wrote down "Borla" exhaust on the service ticket, so I was barely listening to him.

AmesCTS-V
06-29-05, 11:15 AM
I've gone a couple of thousand without re-torquing them on my SS. I probably should tell my cousin to do that now that he has my SS. Seems like what usually happens is you loose a tip when something comes loose, on a Corsa the tips aren't cheap.

urbanski
06-29-05, 12:04 PM
URBANSkI

I want to check out your car. I live off 1604 and Braun. I want to see your car. You already have everything i want to do:yup:. Let me know when we can get together.

Thanks Aaron
TEX-V may be coming by....i'm always cool with folks coming over to beat on my ride :D

Shoot me an e-mail, I'll give you my cell
durban@satx.rr.com

04CTSVforMe
06-29-05, 12:24 PM
We need to get a DFW V gathering in the near future (maybe even a small one in the northern 'burbs). I'd love to hear the Corsa and just talk V's & local shops & mods in general. :thumbsup:

luvmyVluvmyV
06-29-05, 12:34 PM
I just had mine installed last week. Took it in this morning to have them do the follow up. Everything checked out fine. Mechanic said nothing was loose. He also said he was impressed with how well the Corsa system was put together. His words, "normally I have to bend, extend, and Lord knows what else with these aftermarket systems to get them to fit, but this has to be one of the best ones I've put on." Thank you Corsa!!!!!!!
There's no growl or rumble at cruising speed, sounds just like stock, but downshift and gun it, HEADS TURN!

When I die, I want to be burried in my V.:thumbsup:

Brad330cic
06-29-05, 02:22 PM
I'm up for a Dallas meet! going to pick up the car right now....

CTS-VETTE 550HP
06-29-05, 02:27 PM
I'm up for a Dallas meet! going to pick up the car right n
now....

I second that or maybe rotate in Houston, Austin or San Antonio.